1404 users online (272 members and 1132 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Lowell Correctional Institution - Questions

As many of you may know, my oldest DD, made the mistake of getting involved with the drug culture.

The result of this is that she spent three years in the Florida Correctional System (recently).

To keep another thread from going off track, if you have any questions regarding Lowell, or the County Jail, feel free to ask them here, and I'll give you "first hand" knowledge of what goes on.
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

Quote Originally Posted by lisalei321 View Post
    As many of you may know, my oldest DD, made the mistake of getting involved with the drug culture.

The result of this is that she spent three years in the Florida Correctional System (recently).

To keep another thread from going off track, if you have any questions regarding Lowell, or the County Jail, feel free to ask them here, and I'll give you "first hand" knowledge of what goes on.
    So sorry that YOU had to go through that. I feel your pain...trust me...have had a child veer off on that road and NOT a good place at all! That said,

is this a likely location where Casey would be sent if she, I mean when she gets convicted?

How were the conditions in the OC jail as far as cleanliness, food, treatment by guards etc. if you don't mind to tell...

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Hi lisalei and thanks for starting this thread! This is the link to Lowell:http://www.dc.state.fl.us/FACILITIES/region3/314.html

Is that a fair representation of what the facility is like?

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

Is that where women on death row are housed?

I can attest to what I saw...DD is still at work, I'll make her sit with me tomorrow and answer all the questions

The visitation area's are a/c'd, and the guards were very respectful to those coming in (both at the Jail and the Prison). For contact visitation, you have to be searched and you can't take anything in with you (they hold your ID at the main entrance). Some Correctional officers will tell you how your child (or I imagine the inmate your visiting) is doing, and if they're having any problems, or need something sent (not all of them).

ETA - BTW, I go to bed around 8pm EST, so any questions asked will be answered first thing in the morning LOL
    Last edited by lisalei321; 10-13-2009 at 06:57 PM.
    <Click on User CP>
    <Click on OKay>

Just wanted to thank you for doing this - and {{{hugs}}}} to you and your DD for sharing your experience. So glad that she's on this side of the experience!
    Last edited by CuriousTwo; 10-13-2009 at 07:09 PM.
    LACI & CONNER - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
    Laci's Archived Thread (Read Only):
    http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Lisalei, thanks for the thread, I have no clue how jail/prisons work. casey has changed drastically since being incarcerated, I'm wondering if there is place outdoors or indoors for inmates to get exercise. Historically we know she has had fits & temper tantrums, if she is carrying on there for whatever her reasons, ( like not wanting to show up in court) what do they do with her? Would she be here up until & during her trial?

DH and I watch a lot of forensic shows and I've noticed that suspects/inmates who've been incarcerated for a while either bulk up and become very muscular, or lose an extreme amount of weight. If prisoners aren't fed a well balanced meal, how do the bulked up inmates do so? This doesn't necessarily relate to KC, but I've always been curious about this.

Also, isn't KC allowed an hour or so a day to go outside in the sunlight?
    LACI & CONNER - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
    Laci's Archived Thread (Read Only):
    http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

What was a typical day like?

Did the women get along with each other or was there a lot of violence?

Thanks.

How easy is it to further your education there? Is that something available to everyone or do you have to earn it? What kinds of degrees can you obtain?
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

All answers are according to DD

Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    So sorry that YOU had to go through that. I feel your pain...trust me...have had a child veer off on that road and NOT a good place at all! That said,

is this a likely location where Casey would be sent if she, I mean when she gets convicted?

How were the conditions in the OC jail as far as cleanliness, food, treatment by guards etc. if you don't mind to tell...
    Yes she is most likely to be sent to Lowell (if convicted w/dp) in Closed management. Which means 3 showers a week, in her cell 23 hours a day, with one hour out in a "cage" outside, the only contact she'll have is if another inmate is in a "cage" as well.

DD says your an inmate, not a guest...and inmates have no rights other than medical treatment and that's based on "need"

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    Is that where women on death row are housed?
    See above...

Quote Originally Posted by celticthyme View Post
    Lisalei, thanks for the thread, I have no clue how jail/prisons work. casey has changed drastically since being incarcerated, I'm wondering if there is place outdoors or indoors for inmates to get exercise. Historically we know she has had fits & temper tantrums, if she is carrying on there for whatever her reasons, ( like not wanting to show up in court) what do they do with her? Would she be here up until & during her trial?
    Not in Closed Management.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    What was a typical day like?

Did the women get along with each other or was there a lot of violence?

Thanks.

In closed management...boring!!! No contact still applies...

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
    How easy is it to further your education there? Is that something available to everyone or do you have to earn it? What kinds of degrees can you obtain?
    MD Mommy -<DD snorted through her nose on this question LOL> - No, not if you are eligable to work outside the gates, and if your not, then you work inside, and for what classes that are offered, it depends how long your going to be incarcerated, and what the waiting list is for them (most lists are from 18months min to 3 years or better, depending on the class).

HTH
    <Click on User CP>
    <Click on OKay>

Thank You for starting this thread and answering our questions.

Will Casey always be kept separate from other prisoners then? Will she ever be able to make friends with anybody there?

Just how bad is the food in prison? It sounds like visitors are treated respectfully. Would you say the prisoners are treated fairly good?

So glad you're out and you're doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    Thank You for starting this thread and answering our questions.

Will Casey always be kept separate from other prisoners then? Will she ever be able to make friends with anybody there?

Just how bad is the food in prison? It sounds like visitors are treated respectfully. Would you say the prisoners are treated fairly good?

So glad you're out and you're doing good.
    <pointing up----I know you meant that you're glad my daughter is out and doing well )

According to my Dear Daughter...If KC is in Closed Management (Death Row inmates) then yes she will always be kept from other prisoners.

The food apparently is so bad, the inmates survive on canteen food, the ones who have no one supporting them on the outside either trade for canteen food or just try not to eat.

I'm not sure how to define if they are treated well? They're inmates, and every moment of their existance is regulated and they are made aware of it every second of every day.

My daughter was lucky...she qualified as "low security" she had a job "landscaping" for the state, so she was out in the sun 6 out of 7 days a week and had family supporting her (not me, other than birthday's or holidays, sorry I'm hardheaded about that), but her Grandparents and various other Aunt/Uncles did
    <Click on User CP>
    <Click on OKay>

hi lisalei, i have a friend in lowell and she has been having a problem with a certain guard harassing her. has your daughter had any problem with any guards there? or are they generally respectful to her? thank you!

my friend in there said that when somebody gets in trouble they get sent to "jail". which is what the call it in lowell.
    this is a great topic, thank you for starting it. i'm sure a lot of people have questions, even just out of curiousity of what its like.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast