Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baby Found Dead in Trash Can

A child tossed into the trash. Another weighing 11 pounds. The third just as malnurished and in need of medical care in the foster home.

I do not give a crap what this "woman" was doing in Mobile. The bottom line, the truth, is she never, ever cared for these three innocents. They were nothing. As far as any family members or "friends", where the hell were they??? CPS received a complaint, but followed up further? Though to be fair, maybe this woman moved and they lost track of her and children. Just tossing out a bone to CPS. For the moment.

I want them. I want these babes in my home, in my arms, and to feel heart love. With content bellies and sleep with no fear of abandonment....
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OrdinaryLife For This Useful Post:

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    This story makes me want to vomit. I will NEVER understand how anyone can have such a complete and total disregard for another human being, much less a child!

There are days when this will just pop into my head: Somewhere, at this very instant, a child is being neglected or abused. If only I knew where that child was so I could save it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justbeachy For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Woods' son out of hospital
    Mother of three remains jailed on manslaughter charge
    October 17, 2009
    <snipped>
    The oldest of three children left alone for days inside an Escambia County home was released Thursday night from Sacred Heart Hospital, a hospital spokesman said.

Jaterius Woods, 2, was placed in a foster home after his release from the hospital. His little sister, 18-month-old Mykayhla, remained in fair condition Friday at Sacred Heart, hospital spokesman Mike Burke said.

Christian Woods' attorney, Assistant Public Defender Clint Davis, said Friday that his office intends to order an extensive mental health evaluation for his client.

Woods will be arraigned Nov. 6 before Circuit Judge Frank Bell.

Article:
    http://www.pnj.com/article/20091017/...19/1006/NEWS01

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Judges set bonds on variety of factors
    Judges weigh more than just the crime
    October 30, 2009
    <snipped>
    Christian Woods, charged this month with manslaughter and child neglect in the death of her 18-month-old daughter, sits in the Escambia County Jail with a $1 million bond.

A defendant's criminal history, their ties to the community, their potential danger to the community and any previous flight from the arms of the law are taken into consideration.

"We try to be consistent," Assistant State Attorney John Molchan said.
    Even media attention can sway a judge who is an elected official.

Her next court date is Nov. 6.

Article:
    http://www.pnj.com/article/20091030/...910300310/1051

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

Mother remains in jail
    Updated: Friday, 06 Nov 2009, 7:40 PM CST
    Published : Friday, 06 Nov 2009, 7:40 PM CST
    <snipped>
    What shook some of the family the most was Woods' next court date actually falls on one of her children's birthdays. An unidentified family member yelled out in the courtroom. "You realize that your son's birthday, child." Judge Frank Bell said, "Ma'am we don't need any comments from you."

Woods court date is still set for February 16 with a trial set to begin March 1.

Woods will remain in the Escambia jail on $250 thousand bond. She faces a murder charge, and two cruelty counts.

*NOTE: video Included In Article!

Article:
    http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crim...mains_in_jail+
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mother pleads not guilty in death of 18-month-old
    November 7, 2009
    <snipped>
    A woman charged in the death of one of her children and the neglect of two others pleaded not guilty Friday.

Woods is charged with manslaughter in Myleahya's death and with aggravated child abuse of Mykayhla and brother, Jaterius, 2.

Woods is due back in court Feb. 16 with a tentative trial date of March 1.

Article:
    http://www.pnj.com/article/20091107/...f-18-month-old
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mom Charged With Tossing Her Dead Baby In Trash Says She’s Not Guilty
    November 7, 2009
    <snipped>
    Christian Rochelle Woods, 21, entered the plea in Escambia County Circuit Court on Friday as her friends and families told the judge that she is a good mother. She is due back in court in February with her trial scheduled to being March 1. She remains in the Escambia County Jail on $250,000 bond.

Prosecutors said Woods’ family members had no idea what was going on with the children, and that she never asked for help.

Article:
    http://www.northescambia.com/?p=12137

-- Angel Blessing

I will NEVER grasp how so called family and friends can make such statements when there is evidence that totally conflicts with it. Seriously, even her lawyer to have such comments made/allowed disgusts me with said evidence on record.

Apparently, not one of these people ever saw these 3 innocents and if they had and ignored what was right in front of their eyes, they are as much to blame as the mother. I am so disgusted.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OrdinaryLife For This Useful Post:

Woods' bond reduced
    November 30, 2009
    <snipped>
    Christian Woods, 21, has been jailed on $1 million bond since her Oct. 14 arrest. Circuit Judge Terry Terrell on Monday reduced her bond to $250,000.

Public Defender James Owens, who appeared on Woods’ behalf at the hearing in Pensacola, asked Terrell to give his client a $10,000 bond.

Her family members groaned and sighed as Terrell granted the bond reduction, which would require them to front $25,000 to a professional bondsman for her release.

Owens presented nine witnesses, including Woods, who could hardly speak. She sobbed as she answered a handful of standard questions from Assistant State Attorney John Molchan.

Article:
    http://www.pnj.com/article/20091130/NEWS01/91130013

This whole family disgusts me too OrdinaryLife!

ETA: She threw this little angel in the trash & left her & her siblings all alone for 3DAYS with only 6 containers of opened Jell-O's to eat. She coouldn't even leave them with 2 each for the 3 days she decided to run around. I bet CW had more than just jello to eat in the 3 days she was gone. I can't believe that her family is standing by her side & not standing up for this little angel & her siblings.

Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 11-30-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    -- Angel Blessing

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post

Her family members groaned and sighed as Terrell granted the bond reduction, which would require them to front $25,000 to a professional bondsman for her release.

If this family couldn't feed these children, do we really think they will cough up the money for bond? These babies were ignored when they needed someone to care for them. If the family steps up now, it will be infuriating.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marine Mom For This Useful Post:

I don't even put small family pets in the trash when they pass on. It's bad enough to starve your child to death... then to throw it in the trash??!! and THEN not let the LE know you have another dying child under the bed for over 12 hours!?!? Its unbelievable. I don't have words for what should happen to her.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mayelf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mayelf View Post
    I don't even put small family pets in the trash when they pass on. It's bad enough to starve your child to death... then to throw it in the trash??!! and THEN not let the LE know you have another dying child under the bed for over 12 hours!?!? Its unbelievable. I don't have words for what should happen to her.
    EXACTLY!! We treat our dead pets better than she treated her children!

Oh, by the way, there might be another one in the house hanging on by a thread.

Christian Woods was described Monday as a loving and doting mother of three who fell on rough times just before she stuffed her dead daughter in a trash can in 2009.

Woods, 23, left her three young children home alone from Oct. 10 to Oct. 12. When she returned, Myleahya Woods, 1, was dead. Woods was charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child.

Woods' family members testified during a two-hour sentencing hearing Monday that she should be treated for depression rather than go to prison for Myleahya's death.

Instead, Judge Terry Terrell sentenced Woods to 15 years in prison and 30 years of probation in the death.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20111004/...text|FRONTPAGE

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

I'm glad that she at least got a sentence, but I don't feel that fifteen years was enough. There are some cases where I have pity for the mother when a child dies due to the mother's actions, but this is not one of those cases. For me, I cannot fathom leaving three kids that age alone for even a minute. (I have four at home under the age of five and I won't walk to the front of the house to get the mail unless they are asleep or someone is here to watch them.) And then, after she was already caught, her refusal to admit that another child was dying as she sat there dodging questions...that is where I draw the line on pity. I don't care how hard the times you fell on, it doesn't excuse nor explain how you can discard one child like trash, then be clear headed enough to send a second relatively healthy child to someone else, call the police, file a false report and then sit and talk to the police for 12 hours before you admit that your third child is quite likely dying at that immediate moment. There is no excuse for that. None. And 15 years isn't enough, as she will still be able to breed, potentially, when she gets out.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I'm glad that she at least got a sentence, but I don't feel that fifteen years was enough. There are some cases where I have pity for the mother when a child dies due to the mother's actions, but this is not one of those cases. For me, I cannot fathom leaving three kids that age alone for even a minute. (I have four at home under the age of five and I won't walk to the front of the house to get the mail unless they are asleep or someone is here to watch them.) And then, after she was already caught, her refusal to admit that another child was dying as she sat there dodging questions...that is where I draw the line on pity. I don't care how hard the times you fell on, it doesn't excuse nor explain how you can discard one child like trash, then be clear headed enough to send a second relatively healthy child to someone else, call the police, file a false report and then sit and talk to the police for 12 hours before you admit that your third child is quite likely dying at that immediate moment. There is no excuse for that. None. And 15 years isn't enough, as she will still be able to breed, potentially, when she gets out.

I agree and echo everything you just said. What a terrible case.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkfly For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123