1568 users online (259 members and 1309 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FL - Myleahya Woods, 1, home alone, found dead, Bellview, 12 Oct 2009

A mother of three toddlers was charged with manslaughter and abuse Tuesday after one child was found dead in a trash can outside the woman’s home.

Christian R. Woods, 21, is suspected of leaving her children home alone from 10 a.m. Saturday to 9:30 a.m. Monday. When Woods returned, she found Myleahya Woods, 1, dead and put her body in the trash, the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office said.

But it wasn’t until early Tuesday morning that investigators found Myleahya’s body and her twin sister, Mykayhla, barely alive under a bed at a home in the 5600 block of Scotland Circle, Sheriff David Morgan said.

(snipped)

http://pnj.com/article/20091013/NEWS...NTPAGECAROUSEL

The siblings were left alone at a home that doesn’t have electricity or running water. Jell-O cups were left in the living room for the children to eat while the mother was away, Morgan said.

pretty sure this is her ms (private but check the headline):

http://www.myspace.com/chrissyarmybound

Investigators questioned Woods for about 12 hours before she admitted that Myleahya was dead, and she thought Mykayhla was still alive, Morgan said.

her other kids could've been dead by then (her grandpa apparently found the boy but did not find the girl when he went over)

I'm so angry right now.

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    http://www.wkrg.com/florida/article/...-2009_7-19-pm/

Deputies responded to the home on Scotland Circle and found the dead girl's twin sister, Mykahla, under a bed. At first, they thought she was also dead, but then noticed her eye's flutter.
    OMG!! These poor babies left there with no electric, no a/c, no water, just six jello cups from friday night to monday morning. I'm crying my eyes out. These poor babies. I can not imagine the agony they must have been in.
    In the pictures they look so well kept and fed. What happened? what went wrong? Why didnt she reach out for help for her babies? Where was the dad? why didn't a neighbor hear their cries? It doesn't matter how bad your life is you are their protector why did you let them down Cristian? Why just why?

Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    OMG!! These poor babies left there with no electric, no a/c, no water, just six jello cups from friday night to monday morning. I'm crying my eyes out. These poor babies. I can not imagine the agony they must have been in.
    In the pictures they look so well kept and fed. What happened? what went wrong? Why didnt she reach out for help for her babies? Where was the dad? why didn't a neighbor hear their cries? It doesn't matter how bad your life is you are their protector why did you let them down Cristian? Why just why?
    I feel the same way. There are just no words to describe the pain I feel for these poor children. What is wrong with this mother? What has to happen to make this stop?

TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    oh my.....

Wow. The MySpace. She logged in 2.5 hours after getting back Monday. So, she must have come home, discovered her little baby dead and one mostly there, and then took the time to post the "reap what you so" message with the "tryin2makeright" or whatever mood? Are you kidding me? Am I seeing that correctly?

And does two days of neglect do this to a child? I think either she'd hedging on the actual timeframe, or something else took place as well. I'm not saying the two days isn't heinous, but I have a hard time thinking a healthy baby can be dead in two days. That said, I have a two year-old and a one year-old, and I can easily see a one year-old dying from choking, a fall, getting stuck somewhere, etc within hours. I live in fear of hitting my head/passing out and leaving them unattended. For any human being to do that to babies intentionally...just kills me.

But apparently the other twin was in dire straights, too, and I wonder if the neglect started before she physically left, or if she left a couple days earlier than what she said in her confession.
    Last edited by MomofBoys; 10-14-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Poor babies!!

What is wrong with this "mother"? Is she a crack head (doesn't appear to be) or is she mentally unstable?

Quote Originally Posted by MomofBoys View Post
    Wow. The MySpace. She logged in 2.5 hours after getting back Monday. So, she must have come home, discovered her little baby dead and one mostly there, and then took the time to post the "reap what you so" message with the "tryin2makeright" or whatever mood? Are you kidding me? Am I seeing that correctly?

And does two days of neglect do this to a child? I think either she'd hedging on the actual timeframe, or something else took place as well. I'm not saying the two days isn't heinous, but I have a hard time thinking a healthy baby can be dead in two days. That said, I have a two year-old and a one year-old, and I can easily see a one year-old dying from choking, a fall, getting stuck somewhere, etc within hours. I live in fear of hitting my head/passing out and leaving them unattended. For any human being to do that to babies intentionally...just kills me.

But apparently the other twin was in dire straights, too, and I wonder if the neglect started before she physically left, or if she left a couple days earlier than what she said in her confession.
    I'm with you in thinking that the negelect had been ongoing. I am so mad and sad right now. What beautiful babies.

Oh, and of course:

The Department of Children and Families has visited the house in the past. There was a complaint of neglect filed concerning the boy, said Janice Thomas, circuit administrator for the Department of Children and Families.

Thomas could not provide details of the case, citing privacy laws. But she said DCF did not recommend the child be removed from the house nor any court action.

Something just doesnt seem right with the Mom's story. It will be interesting to see if there is more to this. I can't imagine what she was thinking leave three tiny kids alone for so long.

The whole story is so sad, but the worst part for me was that she came home and found the baby dead and put her in the trash. Obviously, like some other mothers who will remain nameless, that is how she viewed her children: as disposable objects. How sad.

Please tell me there's a chance this woman will serve serious prison time. To me, the only difference between manslaughter and murder in this case is the pathetic attempt to leave jello cups as a source of food. Insane.

Whi did she have to go to Mobile without her kids? A man? Drugs? Now the little girl will have to grow up without her twin. I guess we can't blame DCF without knowing the nature of the complaint, but I stll find it so hard to believe this was a one-time thing, or something that happened in 48 hours. Poor Benjamin Sargent was already weak (and much younger) when he was left for days without food and water, and it was the sepsis from the diaper that killed him. I just can't buy the two days thing.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast