Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The thing that galls me (besides the MySpace login) is that she came home and instead of reacting with horror to the death of her little girl and grabbing the other girl to save her from the same fate, she LEFT her there. Knowing she too could die at any point.

Couldn't there be an attempted murder charge based on the obvious conclusion to which she likely came? Even a five year-old could think "I left babies alone. Baby died. Other baby might die."

But I'm assuming any credible medical expert will come to the conclusion that this little girl didn't lose at least half her body weight in two days. That kind of long-term neglect will not help her case.

It gives me some small measure of peace to know they weren't in the dark the whole time. I'm sure it was very little comfort to those precious babies, though.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MomofBoys For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    I just can't get over her expressionless eyes. They are blank with no care in the world look to them...smug........bored......no remorse....???? I just can't get a read on them at all. It's the same look she has in her mug shot pic. Unless she is still drugged up or from coming down from her weekend high. No proof yet that she was doing drugs, but IMHO I think that was what she was doing all weekend.

Her needs came 1st IMO before her own little ones. What a shame....when so many loving couples in the world want children & can't have them. There would have been a line from one end of the US to the other to adopt all 3 of angels.

Christian at her hearing today:

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Death Investigation
    October 14, 2009
    <snipped>
    It's continuing coverage of a story we brought you yesterday...
    Christian Rochelle Woods is also facing child cruelty charges...In addition to a manslaughter charge.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan says Woods left town last Friday and went to Mobile.

Video & Article: Death Investigation
    http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_s...vid_4482.shtml

Video: DCF Reports Prior Incident With Woods
    http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_s...vid_4469.shtml

Video: Woods Child Abuse/Neglect News Conference
    http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_s...vid_4468.shtml
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Photos: $1million bond.
    http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gal...0140801&Ref=PH
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Toddler Found Dead Was Left for Days Without Water
    Last Update: 10/13 11:21 pm
    <snipped>
    Investigators looked through the house, and found Jateruis, 2, severely dehydrated with a large bump on his head.

"None of the story matched up," Sheriff Morgan said. "After 12 hours of questioning, she admitted to taking the child, placing it in a trash can and she said, to the best of her knowledge, the other child was still alive."

The other child was Myleahya's twin sister. Investigators raced back to the home, where they found 18-month-old Mykayla underneath her mother's bed, in the fetal position, alive.

On her MySpace page, Woods writes: "Life's short, so I live mine to the fullest." But one of her children will never get that chance.

Video: The Death Of An Escambia County Toddler Results In An Arrest Of The 21-Year-Old Mother 2:20
    http://www.local15tv.com/mediacenter...mi.dayport.com

Video: Mother Arrested After Her Toddler Is Found Dead In A Trash Can 01:38
    http://www.local15tv.com/mediacenter...com&navCatId=5

Video: Arrest Made Of Mother After Her Toddler Is Found Dead In A Trash Can And Two Other Child In Severe Neglect 01:42
    http://www.local15tv.com/mediacenter...com&navCatId=5

Article:
    http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/...AYUabdy8Q.cspx

Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 10-14-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Did you see prior domestic violence cases against the same man? If posted already please delete if you wish.
    http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml...se_id=48840213

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Imbackon For This Useful Post:

Musta missed something somewhere...she had twins, 18 months, and a 2 year old?

I have a near-14 month old and a "two year-old". I stopped counting months when he hit that age. He's actually almost two and a half.

I'm also five months pregnant with # 3, LOL. Some people like to pop them out quickly and be done with it. Unfortunately, this chick doesn't sound like she was capable, to say the least.

I was counting 6 months between kids. You are absolutely right.

Excuse me, my "slip" is showing.

I agree with everyone who has posted so far. I have kids too....same age so this is bitter for me.

My only opinion to add is that at the tender age of 21, I am guessing this woman was NOT into motherhood. People wonder how someone can be so cruel to a child but, she was still mentally a child herself. I say that because it is a sign of maturity to put another life ahead of your own self gratification. This woman was incapable of it and hence physically but not mentally ready for motherhood.

In this situation she should have given her kids up for adoption when she had them so they could have had a chance of a good life while she went out and partied or whatever she was doing.

This doesn't excuse the abuse but add a poor upbringing and maybe you have the recipe for this crime.

Give those kids a good home now plez!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebbie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ebbie View Post
    I agree with everyone who has posted so far. I have kids too....same age so this is bitter for me.

My only opinion to add is that at the tender age of 21, I am guessing this woman was NOT into motherhood. People wonder how someone can be so cruel to a child but, she was still mentally a child herself. I say that because it is a sign of maturity to put another life ahead of your own self gratification. This woman was incapable of it and hence physically but not mentally ready for motherhood.

In this situation she should have given her kids up for adoption when she had them so they could have had a chance of a good life while she went out and partied or whatever she was doing.

This doesn't excuse the abuse but add a poor upbringing and maybe you have the recipe for this crime.

I agree with you - to a point. My feeling is, if you don't WANT kids or CAN'T take care of them, DON'T HAVE THEM!!! There are plenty of alternatives - even for under-privileged kids.

The sad fact is, these babies may not be better off in foster homes...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I agree with you - to a point. My feeling is, if you don't WANT kids or CAN'T take care of them, DON'T HAVE THEM!!! There are plenty of alternatives - even for under-privileged kids.

The sad fact is, these babies may not be better off in foster homes...
    Sadly, you are correct. Our entire foster care system needs to change, especially in Florida. How many foster children are MISSING there?

Another point to ponder is giving one's children up for adoption. Yes, it is a good and viable-sounding alternative. But, is it really? There is a stigma attached to a mother who gives up her children, even if it is in their own best interest. Until society accepts the fact that not all women are able to be good mothers, or even want to, I believe we will continue to see these cases.

Remember when Nebraska? (I forget which state) was allowing parents to drop off their unwanted children? How many kids did they get - a lot more than they were ready for. Maybe we need a nationwide, no questions, no blame place to bring unwanted children. That way the children can go to people who want them and maybe the parents who don't can go about their lives without a lot of guilt and finger pointing.

Only my opinion.

Wow, this is absolutely horrible. She was questioned for 12 hours before she told them about the other child under the bed? WTF!!!!!!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Those poor sweet babies. I hope the two surviving are able to make a complete physical and emotional recovery with a loving family. Christian will pay the price for the death of Myleahya. I'll never understand how anyone can value life so little they toss it away with their trash. Heartbreaking.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Disguiseduser0308 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    Wow, this is absolutely horrible. She was questioned for 12 hours before she told them about the other child under the bed? WTF!!!!!!!
    I thought I'd read that wrong, thank you for mentioning it.

I feel so terrible for these babies. Haven't been able to comment because I can't seem to type without some really bad words flying out of my fingers.

Praying that the two remaining children survive this ordeal and are adopted by a loving family. I pray that Myleahya is laid to rest properly and is at home with the Lord.

Are there any banks accepting donations for the future care of the children or funeral expenses?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post:

What the hell is wrong with people???

24. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ebbie View Post

My mum had two kids before 21, and she didn't anything like this. I don't see 21 as childhood. (But I guess we are drawing childhood out in terms of lack of responsibility these days, even as kids lose their innocence at younger and younger ages. )

It's good you can have sympathy for her, but if she wasn't ready, she could have not had children or given them up for adoption. I can't have any sympathy for her.
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 10-15-2009 at 10:37 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast