GUILTY FL - Myleahya Woods, 1, home alone, found dead, Bellview, 12 Oct 2009

daisy7

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A mother of three toddlers was charged with manslaughter and abuse Tuesday after one child was found dead in a trash can outside the woman’s home.

Christian R. Woods, 21, is suspected of leaving her children home alone from 10 a.m. Saturday to 9:30 a.m. Monday. When Woods returned, she found Myleahya Woods, 1, dead and put her body in the trash, the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office said.

But it wasn’t until early Tuesday morning that investigators found Myleahya’s body and her twin sister, Mykayhla, barely alive under a bed at a home in the 5600 block of Scotland Circle, Sheriff David Morgan said.

(snipped)

http://pnj.com/article/20091013/NEW...-dead-in-trash-can&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

http://www.wkrg.com/florida/article...dead-in-trash-can/439565/Oct-13-2009_7-19-pm/

Deputies responded to the home on Scotland Circle and found the dead girl's twin sister, Mykahla, under a bed. At first, they thought she was also dead, but then noticed her eye's flutter.

OMG!! These poor babies left there with no electric, no a/c, no water, just six jello cups from friday night to monday morning. I'm crying my eyes out. These poor babies. I can not imagine the agony they must have been in.
In the pictures they look so well kept and fed. What happened? what went wrong? Why didnt she reach out for help for her babies? Where was the dad? why didn't a neighbor hear their cries? It doesn't matter how bad your life is you are their protector why did you let them down Cristian? Why just why?

OMG!! These poor babies left there with no electric, no a/c, no water, just six jello cups from friday night to monday morning. I'm crying my eyes out. These poor babies. I can not imagine the agony they must have been in.
In the pictures they look so well kept and fed. What happened? what went wrong? Why didnt she reach out for help for her babies? Where was the dad? why didn't a neighbor hear their cries? It doesn't matter how bad your life is you are their protector why did you let them down Cristian? Why just why?

I feel the same way. There are just no words to describe the pain I feel for these poor children. What is wrong with this mother? What has to happen to make this stop?

Wow. The MySpace. She logged in 2.5 hours after getting back Monday. So, she must have come home, discovered her little baby dead and one mostly there, and then took the time to post the "reap what you so" message with the "tryin2makeright" or whatever mood? Are you kidding me? Am I seeing that correctly?

And does two days of neglect do this to a child? I think either she'd hedging on the actual timeframe, or something else took place as well. I'm not saying the two days isn't heinous, but I have a hard time thinking a healthy baby can be dead in two days. That said, I have a two year-old and a one year-old, and I can easily see a one year-old dying from choking, a fall, getting stuck somewhere, etc within hours. I live in fear of hitting my head/passing out and leaving them unattended. For any human being to do that to babies intentionally...just kills me.

But apparently the other twin was in dire straights, too, and I wonder if the neglect started before she physically left, or if she left a couple days earlier than what she said in her confession.

What is wrong with this "mother"? Is she a crack head (doesn't appear to be) or is she mentally unstable?

Wow. The MySpace. She logged in 2.5 hours after getting back Monday. So, she must have come home, discovered her little baby dead and one mostly there, and then took the time to post the "reap what you so" message with the "tryin2makeright" or whatever mood? Are you kidding me? Am I seeing that correctly?

And does two days of neglect do this to a child? I think either she'd hedging on the actual timeframe, or something else took place as well. I'm not saying the two days isn't heinous, but I have a hard time thinking a healthy baby can be dead in two days. That said, I have a two year-old and a one year-old, and I can easily see a one year-old dying from choking, a fall, getting stuck somewhere, etc within hours. I live in fear of hitting my head/passing out and leaving them unattended. For any human being to do that to babies intentionally...just kills me.

But apparently the other twin was in dire straights, too, and I wonder if the neglect started before she physically left, or if she left a couple days earlier than what she said in her confession.

I'm with you in thinking that the negelect had been ongoing. I am so mad and sad right now. :furious: What beautiful babies.

Oh, and of course:

The Department of Children and Families has visited the house in the past. There was a complaint of neglect filed concerning the boy, said Janice Thomas, circuit administrator for the Department of Children and Families.

Thomas could not provide details of the case, citing privacy laws. But she said DCF did not recommend the child be removed from the house nor any court action.

http://pnj.com/article/20091013/NEW...-dead-in-trash-can&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Something just doesnt seem right with the Mom's story. It will be interesting to see if there is more to this. I can't imagine what she was thinking leave three tiny kids alone for so long.

The whole story is so sad, but the worst part for me was that she came home and found the baby dead and put her in the trash. Obviously, like some other mothers who will remain nameless, that is how she viewed her children: as disposable objects. How sad.

Please tell me there's a chance this woman will serve serious prison time. To me, the only difference between manslaughter and murder in this case is the pathetic attempt to leave jello cups as a source of food. Insane.

Whi did she have to go to Mobile without her kids? A man? Drugs? Now the little girl will have to grow up without her twin. I guess we can't blame DCF without knowing the nature of the complaint, but I stll find it so hard to believe this was a one-time thing, or something that happened in 48 hours. Poor Benjamin Sargent was already weak (and much younger) when he was left for days without food and water, and it was the sepsis from the diaper that killed him. I just can't buy the two days thing.

Toddler found dead in trash can
Updated: Wednesday, 14 Oct 2009, 11:44 AM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 13 Oct 2009, 5:03 PM CDT
<snipped>
Myleahya's twin sister, Mykayla, was found under a bed in the home. Investigators initially thought she was dead, until they saw her eyelids flutter. She was also malnourished.

Deputies then made a gruesome discovery. The body of little Myleahya Woods was found in a garbage can.

Woods then told authorities she had faked the missing person call. She told them she had gone to Mobile on Saturday and left all three children alone in the house. Woods told investigators that when she got back home Monday morning, she found Myleahya dead. She said she put her in a garbage can, and made the false call.

*NOTE: Video Included In Article: Toddler found dead in trash can

Article:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/toddler_found_dead_in_trash_can
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Latest information: Toddler found dead
Updated: Wednesday, 14 Oct 2009, 11:44 AM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 13 Oct 2009, 11:22 PM CDT
<snipped>
21-year-old Christian Rochelle Woods admitted during questioning that she had thrown her daughter, 18-month-old Myleahya Woods into her backyard trash can.

Woods left her 18-month-old daughter along with her twin sister Mykayhla, and 2-year-old son Jaterius, home alone for over three days.

After finding her child dead, Woods disposed of her in the garbage can.

Myleahya Woods
myleahya_20091014114117_320_240.JPG

mykayhla_20091014114157_320_240.JPG

Jaterius Woods
jaterius_20091014114020_320_240.JPG

Toddler_found_dead87cac897-06f0-40e8-ae22-7fcd80639a350000_20091013231401_320_240.JPG

*NOTE: Video Included In Article: Latest information: Toddler found dead

Article:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/latest_information_toddler_found_dead
Baby dead in trash, 2 others neglected
Woman left kids alone for 2 days, officials say
October 14, 2009
<snipped>
Christian Rochelle Woods, 21, a single mother, left her children home alone from 10 a.m. Saturday to 9:30 a.m. Monday with only six cups of Jell-O in the living room, Sheriff David Morgan said at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

When Woods returned, she found her daughter, Myleahya, dead and put her body in the trash can at her back door, Morgan said.

But it wasn't until about 3 a.m. Tuesday that investigators found Myleahya's body and her twin, Mykayhla, barely alive under a bed at a home in the 5600 block of Scotland Circle in Bellview.

Woods was being held without bond Tuesday at Escambia County Jail. Her first court appearance is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. today.

Christian Woods
bilde

bilde

Woods arrest report (pdf)
http://www.pnj.com/assets/pdf/DP1443671013.PDF

Video: Sheriff David Morgan At A News Conference Tuesday Afternoon 12:12
http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/...stId=playlist&maven_referralObject=1294533653

PHOTOS: Baby Found Dead
http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ga...91013&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=910130801&Ref=PH

Article:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091014/NEWS01/910140345
Child Found Dead In Trash; Two Other Children Hospitalized After Being Home Alone For Two Days
October 13, 2009
<snipped>
&#8220;The home did not have any power or running water, and there was no food in the home,&#8221; ESCO Investigator Troy Brown wrote in the arrest report. &#8220;The home was filthy and there were several roaches throughout the home. The victim&#8217;s diaper was completely full of urine and waste and the victim had a very large bruise on his forehead&#8221;

The discovery of Jaterious alone in the filthy home lead to Wood&#8217;s arrest on aggravated child abuse charges.

babies.jpg

Pictured top: Myleahya Woods (left) was found dead in trashcan Monday. Her twin sister Mykayhala is in critical condition in a Pensacola hospital after being found comatose. Pictured bottom inset: Christian Rochelle Woods is in jail charged with the crime.
woodschristian.jpg

Article:
http://www.northescambia.com/?p=11554

:angel:

thats just sick, she's messing around on her myspace while her one baby is dead, that doesn't sound like any remorse to me. some people should not be allowed to have children at all!

Please tell me there's a chance this woman will serve serious prison time. To me, the only difference between manslaughter and murder in this case is the pathetic attempt to leave jello cups as a source of food. Insane.

Whi did she have to go to Mobile without her kids? A man? Drugs? Now the little girl will have to grow up without her twin. I guess we can't blame DCF without knowing the nature of the complaint, but I stll find it so hard to believe this was a one-time thing, or something that happened in 48 hours. Poor Benjamin Sargent was already weak (and much younger) when he was left for days without food and water, and it was the sepsis from the diaper that killed him. I just can't buy the two days thing.

Felony child abuse resulting in death in FL could get a death sentence. IMO, this is the kind of case that warrants the death penalty.

Mobile is not that far from Pensacola, but it doesn't make sense for her to be gone that long, does it?

You can bet she was up to no good in Mobile. Otherwise, she would have left the kids with the grandpa or a neighbor or something.

There is so much abuse and neglect that goes unreported. This is an epidemic and it's only going to get worse. Heck, she probably really didn't think too much about leaving them alone because she was probably raised the same way. Unless drastic measures are taken, this type of problem will not go away. And yes, I'm talking about sterilization. I'm sorry, but some people should not be allowed to reproduce. Most people bury their head in the sand and choose to think that this type of thing doesn't happen. Unfortunately only a handful of people like all of you want to know about crime and try to do something about. Most of society prefers to think that crimes against children are rare.

Anyway, I'm venting. I'm so *#*# mad about this. For every child we try to help, there are thousands that will grow up (if they aren't killed by mommy) in this type of environment.

Pensacola Baby Death
Published: Tue, October 13, 2009 - 9:28 pm CST
Last Updated: Tue, October 13, 2009 - 11:18 pm CST
<snipped>
Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan says the 21 year old mother, Christian Rochelle Woods, told investigators she left her home Saturday to go to work in Mobile.

"Sadly, she left three minor children in her home unattended," says Morgan. The Sheriff says when she returned Monday morning, one of her children, 18 month old Myleahya Danielle Woods was dead. Investigators say the mother then tried to fabricate a story that her daughter was missing. She phoned relatives who responded to the house and picked up her two year old son, Jaterius Woods. And she called police. But when her story didn't add up, investigators asked more questions. She admitted to leaving the children alone. Myleahya's body was found in a trash can on the property.

Sheriff Morgan said the two year old boy, Jaterius Woods, is also being treated for signs of abuse, malnutrition and dehydration. Christian Woods has been charged with two counts of aggravated child abuse and one count of manslaughter. She is expected to make her first court appearance on Wednesday.

Video: Pensacola Baby Death
http://www.wkrg.com/news/video_download/440396/

Article:
http://www.wkrg.com/florida/article/pensacola-baby-death/440396/Oct-13-2009_11-18-pm/

:angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back