AZ AZ - Charles Russell, 58, & Catherine Nelson, 42, Phoenix, 2 Feb 2002

Wendy101

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here and I can not post the side by side pics of BK and Charles. They look ALOT alike!

I know there is a slight difference in height, but there could be reasons for that..ie.. was BK measured with shoes or without? Is Charles height estimated by a family member? Could it be off acouple inches?

One interesting this is, apparently Charles fiance has not been found either!

I can not find any other info about Charles, so maybe someone can help out a bit?

Missing Since: February 2, 2002 from Phoenix, Arizona
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 14, 1943
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
AKA: "Chuck"
NCIC Number: M-202184290
Case Number: 2002-20238541A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Russell and his fiancee`, Catherine Nelson, resided in Phoenix, Arizona in early 2002. Russell told a friend that he and Nelson planned to drive to Tucson, Arizona on February 2, 2002 to look at an advertised Ducati motorcycle. They have not been heard from since.
Nelson and Russell were traveling in their red Ford SVT Lightning F-150 pickup truck with Arizona license plates 274-HBF at the time of their disappearances The truck was discovered abandoned in the parking lot of Santa Cruz Catholic Church in Tucson on February 7, 2002. Russell's checkbook was located inside the glove compartment. There was no indication of a struggle at the scene and no additional evidence was found inside the vehicle.
Nelson and Russell's family members told authorities that it is uncharacteristic of them to leave without warning. They left their dog unattended inside their house, as they planned to return home during the evening of February 2. Their relatives stated that Nelson and Russell would have placed their pet in a kennel if they expected to stay away for an extended period of time. They are described as having a very stable and loving relationship.
Authorities believe that Nelson and Russell may have been lured to Tucson for the purposes of a robbery, but little evidence is available to prove any theory. Foul play is suspected in Nelson and Russell's disappearances.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Phoenix Police Department
Detective A. Dillon
(602) 495-5394
OR
Tucson Police Department
Detective Raul Olivas
(520) 791-4499, Ext. 1134

russell_charles_martin.jpg
vs
image1.png

I agree that these guys have similar looks but ...

1. Charles Russell appears to be about the same age in that photo as BK does now, eight years on;
2. His nose appears "rounder" than BK's, which is very thin and straight;
3. Charles appears to have a cleft chin, whereas BK does not;
4. He also has quite arched eyebrows, whereas BK's are quite flat.

Despite being a little shorter and quite a bit lighter (if those figures are accurate) he seems to be carrying a few extra lbs. If he were to gain another 45lbs then he'd look very different to BK - but that does kind of presume that the figures are correct, so I don't hold too much stock by that.

Overall I don't think this is a match but maybe others can comment more.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back