Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Charles Martin Russell (circa 2002)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,537

    Charles Martin Russell (circa 2002)

    Hello,

    I am new here and I can not post the side by side pics of BK and Charles. They look ALOT alike!

    I know there is a slight difference in height, but there could be reasons for that..ie.. was BK measured with shoes or without? Is Charles height estimated by a family member? Could it be off acouple inches?

    One interesting this is, apparently Charles fiance has not been found either!

    I can not find any other info about Charles, so maybe someone can help out a bit?



    Missing Since: February 2, 2002 from Phoenix, Arizona
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: October 14, 1943
    Age: 58
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 180 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Race: White
    Gender: Male
    AKA: "Chuck"
    NCIC Number: M-202184290
    Case Number: 2002-20238541A




    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Details of Disappearance
    Russell and his fiancee`, Catherine Nelson, resided in Phoenix, Arizona in early 2002. Russell told a friend that he and Nelson planned to drive to Tucson, Arizona on February 2, 2002 to look at an advertised Ducati motorcycle. They have not been heard from since.
    Nelson and Russell were traveling in their red Ford SVT Lightning F-150 pickup truck with Arizona license plates 274-HBF at the time of their disappearances The truck was discovered abandoned in the parking lot of Santa Cruz Catholic Church in Tucson on February 7, 2002. Russell's checkbook was located inside the glove compartment. There was no indication of a struggle at the scene and no additional evidence was found inside the vehicle.
    Nelson and Russell's family members told authorities that it is uncharacteristic of them to leave without warning. They left their dog unattended inside their house, as they planned to return home during the evening of February 2. Their relatives stated that Nelson and Russell would have placed their pet in a kennel if they expected to stay away for an extended period of time. They are described as having a very stable and loving relationship.
    Authorities believe that Nelson and Russell may have been lured to Tucson for the purposes of a robbery, but little evidence is available to prove any theory. Foul play is suspected in Nelson and Russell's disappearances.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Phoenix Police Department
    Detective A. Dillon
    (602) 495-5394
    OR
    Tucson Police Department
    Detective Raul Olivas
    (520) 791-4499, Ext. 1134

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    408
    vs

    I agree that these guys have similar looks but ...

    1. Charles Russell appears to be about the same age in that photo as BK does now, eight years on;
    2. His nose appears "rounder" than BK's, which is very thin and straight;
    3. Charles appears to have a cleft chin, whereas BK does not;
    4. He also has quite arched eyebrows, whereas BK's are quite flat.

    Despite being a little shorter and quite a bit lighter (if those figures are accurate) he seems to be carrying a few extra lbs. If he were to gain another 45lbs then he'd look very different to BK - but that does kind of presume that the figures are correct, so I don't hold too much stock by that.

    Overall I don't think this is a match but maybe others can comment more.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cymro For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,689
    I agree, similar looks, but the photo Charles M Russell makes him appear much heavier than BK, and yet the weight shown is lighter. I, too, agree that he would look even more heavier if were BK's weight. I frankly am shocked that BK weights what he does; he carries his weight well. I did a quick ancestry search and there were many Charles M Russell's born in 1943. It appears this Charles was born either in NM or IL, but I am leaning more toward the NM one, because a Charles M Russell still lived in IL in the 1990's; at the same time that this Russell was shown to be living in Phoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
    vs

    I agree that these guys have similar looks but ...

    1. Charles Russell appears to be about the same age in that photo as BK does now, eight years on;
    2. His nose appears "rounder" than BK's, which is very thin and straight;
    3. Charles appears to have a cleft chin, whereas BK does not;
    4. He also has quite arched eyebrows, whereas BK's are quite flat.

    Despite being a little shorter and quite a bit lighter (if those figures are accurate) he seems to be carrying a few extra lbs. If he were to gain another 45lbs then he'd look very different to BK - but that does kind of presume that the figures are correct, so I don't hold too much stock by that.

    Overall I don't think this is a match but maybe others can comment more.
    I am looking for a few good sleuthers to help Missie find her sister--please, please, please bring your fresh ideas!!

    Deanna Merryfield:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58438

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,100
    http://porchlightusamissing.1colony.com/photo_93.html
    Different picture...
    Charles Martin Russell:

    Is this even him?
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

  7. #5
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,262
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    http://porchlightusamissing.1colony.com/photo_93.html
    Different picture...
    Charles Martin Russell:

    Is this even him?
    i am with you-I think they have the wrong photo up.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    i am with you-I think they have the wrong photo up.
    Could be 2 different Charles Martin Russell's also?

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,689
    I am looking for a few good sleuthers to help Missie find her sister--please, please, please bring your fresh ideas!!

    Deanna Merryfield:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58438

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,100
    Charles Martin Russell:
    BK:
    con: ears too low, nose too broad, eyes are more rounded, height
    pro: balding, hair, eye color.

    I don't think he is BK.
    But I do think he and his fiance need their own thread.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    408
    I've done a reverse image search on the missing persons site image and it appears that the photograph is of a plane crash victim named William Westover, who was killed when the plane he was piloting crashed in 2006.

    This is where the picture came from: http://www.kpho.com/news/9936012/detail.html

    The story of how the plane was located is at http://www.n2700q.com

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cymro For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
    I've done a reverse image search on the missing persons site image and it appears that the photograph is of a plane crash victim named William Westover, who was killed when the plane he was piloting crashed in 2006.

    This is where the picture came from: http://www.kpho.com/news/9936012/detail.html

    The story of how the plane was located is at http://www.n2700q.com
    -----------------

    Now to let Porchlight for the Missing know.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-18-2014, 10:44 AM
  2. NC NC - Joseph Paul D'Aquisto Sr, 60, Asheville, 11 Jan 2002
    By Seifsister in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 01:53 PM
  3. House Of the Future Circa 1999
    By JBean in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 09:14 PM
  4. Unknown Female located in photograph circa 1977-1984
    By outofthedark in forum Missing Archives
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 05:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •