What do you think.....

madeleine

Reaction score
would have happened if det.Arndt wouldn't have asked JR to search the house again?

It's just such an unbelievable coincidence that JR found the body.There was a note,a supposed kidnapping,they were waiting for the call and just out of the blue JR decides to search the basemenet AGAIN (why not other places,he's been there before??)and BOOM he finds the kidnapped child garroted,assaulted and DEAD. :waitasec:

Do you think they would have waited for LE to search the house again?
Did he want to be the one to "find" her and would have thought of another excuse to go down there?
Would he have manipulated someone else to go search the wine cellar?Kinda hard since FW was done there and he could have said "I've been there and I saw nothing".

IMO he was damn lucky that Arndt asked him to search the house again.I think he must have been desperate,LE was down there and didn't find the body,FW even opened the cellar door and didn't see the body.

I think he menitoned the window to FW only as an excuse as to why the basement needs to be looked at more closely.

What do I think? I think Mommy was awakened just as she was drifting off into REM sleep. Awakened by JonBenet coming to her after wetting her bed (yet again). Patsy, half-crazed and out of her mind, still half asleep, got angry and pushed her, slamming her head against the tub or sink, then she panicked, that JB would "tell" on her so she went into a deranged "cover-up" mode that got way too far out of control....

I've posted about this case on another site till blue in face....The perp's DEAD. I'll try to make a point of coming back here soon...not that it matters.....

Bottom line is Patsy wrote the randsom note. There is no if, ands, or buts about that FACT. Therefore Patsy is Guilty. Case Closed. I really do enjoy chatting about this, so I will come back.

I think a better question would be:

What if LE had done their job and searched the house and found JBR?

Maybe they don't try and protect their reputations by forcing the square peg in the round hole.

About FW, JR really did act surpised to find out FW was down there....And we have to remember also he knew where the body was cause he told JAR,MR,and MR's boyfriend that he found her at a 11....But I think he knew in the end he had to discover the body cause he already told his kids he found her....But for Det.Arndt to ask them to search is beyond me....

Indeed. The kidnapping scenario would have been proven immediately to be nothing more than staging. Then Patsy and John, like most parents whose children are found dead in their homes, would have been taken in for separate questioning and not a single thing would have been removed from the house - even P's and J's clothing would have been taken into evidence. And I suspect we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

Indeed. The kidnapping scenario would have been proven immediately to be nothing more than staging. Then Patsy and John, like most parents whose children are found dead in their homes, would have been taken in for separate questioning and not a single thing would have been removed from the house - even P's and J's clothing would have been taken into evidence. And I suspect we wouldn't be having this conversation now.

I agree with you..no doubt...:clap:

But then again..even with what has happened in reality...things did seem fishy..and despite that nothing was done about it...
U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E

I think that's what madeleine was asking.

Maybe they don't try and protect their reputations by forcing the square peg in the round hole.

You really think that's what happened? Because obviously I don't. Sophie's right: the Rs should THANK the police for giving them so many wildcard explanations for so many things.

If LE had done their jobs and secured the crime scene,then yeah no one would have been able to say today,well the intruder DID leave evidence but it wasn't collected.

IMO

I think it would have been even more clearer that RDI.

MOO

would have happened if det.Arndt wouldn't have asked JR to search the house again?

It's just such an unbelievable coincidence that JR found the body.There was a note,a supposed kidnapping,they were waiting for the call and just out of the blue JR decides to search the basement AGAIN (why not other places,he's been there before??)and BOOM he finds the kidnapped child garroted,assaulted and DEAD. :waitasec:

Do you think they would have waited for LE to search the house again?
Did he want to be the one to "find" her and would have thought of another excuse to go down there?
Would he have manipulated someone else to go search the wine cellar?Kinda hard since FW was done there and he could have said "I've been there and I saw nothing".

IMO he was damn lucky that Arndt asked him to search the house again.I think he must have been desperate,LE was down there and didn't find the body,FW even opened the cellar door and didn't see the body.

I think he menitoned the window to FW only as an excuse as to why the basement needs to be looked at more closely.

I'm of the mind that JR saw an opportunity and took it. I think that the initial idea was for the police to find her body, and when it looked like they wouldn't, he got damn lucky that the opportunity presented itself.

I think JR was hoping LE would find the body. LE finding her would distance the parents from the crime a little more. It is always suspicious when a parent finds the body of their "missing" child.
But when French failed to even open the door to the wineceller, and Arndt was occupied with supervising an increasingly out-of-control crime scene- JR realized they might never find the body. And if they didn't, everyone would eventually leave. And they had no idea just when that would happen. Let's be frank here- and graphic as well. Finding JB before she began to decompose visibly was of extreme importance. "Finding" the corpse of a child you had killed is even more horrible when that child is in a more advanced state of decomposition. I doubt they could have dealt with that.
I think JR jumped at the chance to "find" his missing daughter, despite that fact that LE would view it suspiciously. He just couldn't risk waiting.

I agree with you..no doubt...:clap:

But then again..even with what has happened in reality...things did seem fishy..and despite that nothing was done about it...
U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E
fishy indeed,right from the start,LE was told to 'treat them as victims,not as suspects'. (who'd said anything about suspects at that point??? they'd supposedly just found the note!)

I think JR was hoping LE would find the body. LE finding her would distance the parents from the crime a little more. It is always suspicious when a parent finds the body of their "missing" child.
But when French failed to even open the door to the wineceller, and Arndt was occupied with supervising an increasingly out-of-control crime scene- JR realized they might never find the body. And if they didn't, everyone would eventually leave. And they had no idea just when that would happen. Let's be frank here- and graphic as well. Finding JB before she began to decompose visibly was of extreme importance. "Finding" the corpse of a child you had killed is even more horrible when that child is in a more advanced state of decomposition. I doubt they could have dealt with that.
I think JR jumped at the chance to "find" his missing daughter, despite that fact that LE would view it suspiciously. He just couldn't risk waiting.
yes,and his older kids were on the way,time was a wastin'.

About FW, JR really did act surpised to find out FW was down there....And we have to remember also he knew where the body was cause he told JAR,MR,and MR's boyfriend that he found her at a 11....But I think he knew in the end he had to discover the body cause he already told his kids he found her....But for Det.Arndt to ask them to search is beyond me....
his older kids arrived after he'd 'found' her,but they were already on the way.imo he was planning on finding her at that point anyway,he just needed a good excuse to do so.and he needed his older kids there to attest to what a good father he was and that he couldn't have possibly been involved in her death.

That always helps when you have someone saying how great you are as a parent and that you are loving and caring but deep down your a wolf in sheep's clothing

I always thought that maybe LE did focus on them from the very first second.....but after reading DOI I changed my mind.....the RASMEY'S ACTED like suspects from second one,no wonder LE had suspicions....they were defensive before even the body was found!!!

bla bla bla,LE suspected us from the beginning...just not true,it's only a lame excuse for their own behaviour.
The suspicion started when both began to give conflicting statements.(see ST's book,first chapters)

I always thought that maybe LE did focus on them from the very first second.....but after reading DOI I changed my mind.....the RASMEY'S ACTED like suspects from second one,no wonder LE had suspicions....they were defensive before even the body was found!!!

bla bla bla,LE suspected us from the beginning...just not true,it's only a lame excuse for their own behaviour.
The suspicion started when both began to give conflicting statements.(see ST's book,first chapters)

Agree Madeleine. A funny comment in DoI is that they were just too upset and out of it that morning to really take in what was happening, yet, in this cloud of confusion, were able to see quite early in the day that LE obviously didn't believe there had been a kidnapping.

I should have added a poll...do you beleive JR when he says he didn't notice the neck ligature?
He saw the tape and ripped it off,the tried to untie her hands but he didn't see the neck ligature&piece of paintbrush hanging.YEAH RIGHT.

Would be funny if they test the cord and his touch dna IS there.I mean if he didn't even notice it then we have to assume he didn't touch it.

Pls GMAB,he didn't see THIS???
http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetneck.jpg
http://www.acandyrose.com/garrote3.jpg

Unbelievable since HE TOOK THE TIME with the tape and the wrist ligature!Not to mention that your first reaction would be to check her pulse or if she's still breathing......

Agree Madeleine. A funny comment in DoI is that they were just too upset and out of it that morning to really take in what was happening, yet, in this cloud of confusion, were able to see quite early in the day that LE obviously didn't believe there had been a kidnapping.

I really don't think that ALL the officers who asked them questions that morning and taking notes are LYING.

ST pg24

"It soon became clear that Patsy Ramsey had changed a very important part of her story and that her statements about her initial movements were inconsistent.It raised some doubts when investigators compared their notes.She originally told officer French that she's checked the bedroom before finding the note on the stairs,but she later told Detective Arndt that she went downstairs and found the note first and only then hurried to the bedroom and found Jonbenet gone.

An equally important point,made by John Ramsey,was repeated to three different officers.He told French,Arndt,and later Sergeant Whitson that he had personally checked the doors the previous night and all were secure.When three cops get the same information during separate conversations with th same person,I view it as a consistent story.Months later,in an official interview,Ramsey would deny saying it to any of them."

And it goessssssss onnnnnnnn but I am too lazy to type it all now....

Yeah I never said that the cops didn't make HUGE mistakes during those first hours BUT this has nothing to do with the R's statements given that morning.Those cops weren't deaf and I really think they wrote down exactly what the R's told them.So,no excuse re this one.The R's CHANGED their story,way too many times.

What do I think? I think Mommy was awakened just as she was drifting off into REM sleep. Awakened by JonBenet coming to her after wetting her bed (yet again). Patsy, half-crazed and out of her mind, still half asleep, got angry and pushed her, slamming her head against the tub or sink, then she panicked, that JB would "tell" on her so she went into a deranged "cover-up" mode that got way too far out of control....

I've posted about this case on another site till blue in face....The perp's DEAD. I'll try to make a point of coming back here soon...not that it matters.....

Bottom line is Patsy wrote the randsom note. There is no if, ands, or buts about that FACT. Therefore Patsy is Guilty. Case Closed. I really do enjoy chatting about this, so I will come back.

@bold
Guilty of misleading LE I agree (if she wrote it) but IMO it doesn't prove she killed JB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back