Woman admits to having 15 abortions in 17 years

NewMommy09

Reaction score
If this needs to be moved to "Up to the Minute" I understand, as there has not necessarily been a crime committed. However, I feel that this SHOULD constitute a huge crime. In my opinion, whether you are pro-choice or pro-life, does not matter, to purposely get pregnant 15 times (and abort each time) simply to anger your husband who does not want children, should definitely be crime. This woman should not only have her reproductive organs removed, but her pleasure centers as well. I hope nobody buys her book, because she doesn't deserve to make a dime off the horrible things she did. I can understand addiction. But this is freaking ridiculous and I can not conceive how this woman can blame her actions on addiction. :furious::banghead:

:angel: My prayers are going out to all those tiny little angels who were purposely conceived and aborted out of selfish anger by a soul-less person.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...82798/Woman-has-15-abortions-in-17-years.html

I am at a loss for words. This is horrible!!!!!

I am at a loss for words. This is horrible!!!!!

I hear you julie. My son is almost 6 months old, and the absolute joy he brings to my life is more joy than I ever could have hoped existed. He's my sunshine and my everything. I read this story and just cried my eyes out. And this woman seems to have NO SHAME or sympathy for what she's done.

She wasn't a teenager that made a mistake. She wasn't raped. She PURPOSELY didn't take her birth control so she could get pregnant and abort. I hope her reproductive organs are completely screwed up. I see her as no better than a serial killer.

Am I missing something here? She was 15 when she went to college and a year later married a 50 year old professor??? And the logic says to me that this "prodigy" was giving her husband exactly what he wanted if she was pregnant and had the abortions. He didn't want children, after all. So, how was that rebellion? She purposefully didn't take her b.c. pills to rebel, but when she got pregnant, she had an abortion...so he got what he wanted anyway. This story is disgusting, horrible, vile, sad. No matter where one stands on the issue of abortion, I have a hard time believing anyone would support her behavior.

Am I missing something here? She was 15 when she went to college and a year later married a 50 year old professor??? And the logic says to me that this "prodigy" was giving her husband exactly what he wanted if she was pregnant and had the abortions. He didn't want children, after all. So, how was that rebellion? She purposefully didn't take her b.c. pills to rebel, but when she got pregnant, she had an abortion...so he got what he wanted anyway. This story is disgusting, horrible, vile, sad. No matter where one stands on the issue of abortion, I have a hard time believing anyone would support her behavior.

A couple of issues. One, the age difference - a 16 year old marrying a 50 year old professor. Humm..

Second, it is her, and only her, decision and right to take, or not take the pill, and to abort or not abort pregnancies.

Of course there are huge ramifications too the husband based upon her decisions. And she used this to torment her husband - not exactly "what he wanted".

Lastly, the article / news is from Britain. Yet it seems the marrage, residence and abortions happened in the US. I'm guessing the book is being marketed in Britain where it will be a big seller, as opposed to the US which would find her behavior _________ <you get to fill in the blank>.

And, if not a hoax, this woman is mentally ill.

There is something about this story that just doesn't seem right. For some reason I'm not trusting that she is telling the truth about the number of abortions that she has had...I don't know why.

JMHO.

I agree with those calling shenanigans. It was her right to choose-the toll this would take on her body and brain would be pretty impressive-abortions leave scar tissue...it would be apparent that she was abusing herself in this way.

It doesnt really make much sense to me in any case...

There is something about this story that just doesn't seem right. For some reason I'm not trusting that she is telling the truth about the number of abortions that she has had...I don't know why.

JMHO.

LOL, this is usually my first thought about these types of stories. For some reason I did not think this. Thanks for reminding me. :crazy:

If you're right, that would make a whole book based upon a lie.

This women is this story is true, is in my opinion disturbed.

You know the "Daddy" complex...a 15 year old having a relationship with a 50 year old man tells me that they both have significant issues.

She needs significant counseling and years of it.

Thank Goodness if this story is true, she is not a Mom, as I feel that she is just too messed up. She aborted to "get back" at her husband.

I am sure he cared, considering that "she was doing" exactly what he wanted and not have a child in the marriage.

I'll admit men are not the smartest creatures on earth when it comes to getting "lucky", but you would think the husband (a professor) would have thought about birth control himself.

Again, if any of this is true.

As they say, men have a penis and brain, but only have enough blood to operate one at a time.

This women is this story is true, is in my opinion disturbed.

Thank Goodness if this story is true, she is not a Mom, as I feel that she is just too messed up. She aborted to "get back" at her husband.

True or not, she IS a mom.

From the article:

""Irene, who lives in Denver, works as a literary agent and now has two daughters - Loretta, five, and Lolita, three.""

not a crime and should not be in this forum. abortion is legal. no limit on how many.

having said that, this woman is mentally ill. she should get counseling, not a book deal.

This SHOULD be a crime! How sick. Her poor children will now know they could have had 15 other brothers and sisters. How sad - she is definitely mentally ill.

it sounds like she was just using abortion as a means to get revenge on her husband. she should have just left him. she is sending the wrong message, she should have used birth control instead of using "abortions" as a birth control means. disgraceful!

No kidding, what crime. Abortion is legal in this woman's country.

It is not a crime, there fore why again, is it in the Crime in the News......

I guess NewMommy09 is expressing her views on a legal medical procedures, which again has no legal basis in the courts for criminal charges.

This really does take away from real crimes against living children, you know the crimes, of murder, rape, abuse, neglect. Those are crimes against children and belong in the crime in the news thread.

These are the living breathing, human children, already born and victims of actual crimes.

This thread seems to equate what this women did with the suffering of children murdered and abused in life after being born. The real suffering of living children is a crime........not abortion.

I am glad it has been moved. Though I ABSOLUTELY understand the feelings of some that her choices are criminal, according to England's justice system they are not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back