Thread: Buzbee

Hybrid View

Buzbee

I wonder if MC ever investigated this guy in the Lyon case?

http://gazette.net/stories/10152009/...33_32547.shtml

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marylandmissing For This Useful Post:

This is what I learned doing research. I'm going to try to attach the PDFs from the paper.

He was apprehended after he was seen following a 9-year-old Bethesda girl home, peering in her window, and approaching a locked side door.

In 1980, he grabbed a 22-year-old woman from behind near Four Corners in Silver Spring, MD.

He was charged with raping and kidnapping a 15-year-old girl on July 1981. He broke in her home, blindfolded and gagged her, and took her to his parents house in Aspen Hill.
    He lived in Frederick, MD but worked in the area, and his parents lived in the area. He worked as a house location surveys for real estate settlements. His father was a real estate lawyer. He was raised in Flower Valley, near Aspen Hill, and went to Good Counsel High School. Flower Valley is a neighborhood off of Norbeck Road, Bel Pre Road, Muncaster Mill Road.

If he was 18 then, then could he possibly have known them? I seem to recall the Lyon girls were Catholic.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following User Says Thank You to marylandmissing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by marylandmissing View Post
    This is what I learned doing research. I'm going to try to attach the PDFs from the paper. ...
    He lived in Frederick, MD but worked in the area, and his parents lived in the area. He worked as a house location surveys for real estate settlements. His father was a real estate lawyer. He was raised in Flower Valley, near Aspen Hill, and went to Good Counsel High School. Flower Valley is a neighborhood off of Norbeck Road, Bel Pre Road, Muncaster Mill Road.

If he was 18 then, then could he possibly have known them? I seem to recall the Lyon girls were Catholic.
    It sounds like he was pretty much out of control as far as his MO and victims.

Do you have specifics on him, such as description, complete list of his crimes, and any subsequent confessions? Where is he now?

At 18, I wonder if he had the wherewithall to have committed a double abduction with no witnesses. But certainly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It sounds like he was pretty much out of control as far as his MO and victims.

Do you have specifics on him, such as description, complete list of his crimes, and any subsequent confessions? Where is he now?

At 18, I wonder if he had the wherewithall to have committed a double abduction with no witnesses. But certainly possible.
    MD State prison. His height and weight in 1983 were:
    Height:509
    Weight:140

His record is on MD Judicial court search.

Possible suspect in Kathy Lynn Beatty murder?

I wonder if Buzbee might have been connected with the abduction and murder of Kathy Lynn Beatty in July 1975. She was 14 years old at the time and police have openly speculated that she may have been attacked by "kids".

Here we have a known, convicted abductor and rapist who targeted children and teen aged girls who lived in the area at the time. If there are any connections possible, they should be researched.

The nature of his known crimes, the location of his home, his access to motor vehicles, and any known acquaintences and connections would all be of interest.

What were his habits and hangouts in 1975?

What other crimes was he suspected of, but not prosecuted for?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Timothy Joseph Buzbee, Inmate number 170707

From the Maryland Inmate Locator:

Last Name BUZBEE
    First Name TIMOTHY
    Middle Name JOSEPH
    Date of Birth 08/27/1957
    DOC ID 170707
    Holding Facility North Branch Correctional Institution
    Address: 14100 McMullen Highway, SW, Cumberland, MD 21502
    Phone: 877-828-3802

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Buzbee has been a person of interest in this case for a while, since he was a rapist who lived in Aspen Hill, MD not far from Wheaton Plaza. He was only 18 when the Lyon sisters went missing and did not become known to police until the early 1980's.

With these three new convictions, one can see that he was an active rapist at least as early as 1977. Could he have been active two years earlier?

----------------------------------------------------

Timothy Buzbee sentenced to three more life terms

12 March 2012

ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) - A convicted rapist was sentenced to three additional life terms, two of them to be served consecutively, for rapes he committed in Maryland in the 1970's.

The Montgomery County State's Attorney's Office reports Timothy Joseph Buzbee was sentenced Thursday.The 54-year-old Buzbee pleaded guilty Monday to three counts of first degree rape.

In 2009, authorities used DNA samples taken at the time of the three rapes in 1977, 1978 and 1979 to connect Buzbee to the crimes.

Buzbee was previously convicted of three other rapes in the Apsen Hill area in 1983 and had been serving three concurrent life sentences plus 50 years as a result.

He became eligible for parole in 2005. Buzbee will now become eligible for parole when he turns 65 because of his age.

More at below link...

Source:

WJLA news

LINK:

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/03...rms-73260.html

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Here is a link to the Maryland Judiciary website. If you type in Timothy Buzbee's name, you can see all of his charges and criminal history. By clicking on each case number, you can see exactly what the charges were and all of the legal wrangling which took place.

Buzbee has been in Maryland Prison since the early 1980's. He would have been 17 and a half years old, and a senior in high school when the Lyon Sisters disappeared.

Note the many rapes and kidnappings and peeping tom incidents in his history. He was charged at one point with abducting a child under the age of 12 years.

In 1975, he lived with his parents in Aspen Hill, MD not far from the home of Kathy Lynn Beatty.

LINK:

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...uirySearch.jis
    Last edited by Richard; 03-11-2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: spacing and clarity

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Here is a link to the Maryland Judiciary website. If you type in Timothy Buzbee's name, you can see all of his charges and criminal history. By clicking on each case number, you can see exactly what the charges were and all of the legal wrangling which took place.

Buzbee has been in Maryland Prison since the early 1980's. He would have been 17 and a half years old, and a senior in high school when the Lyon Sisters disappeared.

Note the many rapes and kidnappings and peeping tom incidents in his history. He was charged at one point with abducting a child under the age of 12 years.

In 1975, he lived with his parents in Aspen Hill, MD not far from the home of Kathy Lynn Beatty.

LINK:

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...uirySearch.jis

Considering his history,I'm sure LE has looked into connecting him to the Lyon case as well as Kathy's. They haven't stated any connection between Buzbee and the girls.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherof5 For This Useful Post: