Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2009.07.28 / 2009.07.29 Deposition Cindy Anthony Transcript parts 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by headndownstream View Post
    These depositions have had me so upset, and I'm enjoying reading comments here, and keep thinking of things I want to throw in, but I'm less than halfway thru this thread and don't know if my questions will pop up later. Anyway, I'll throw this out there...has there been discussion about the 'trading ID's?'. I've had to wear an ID my whole life, where ever I worked, with the kind of work I do. I have never ever remotely heard of it being a fun thing to do to trade my ID with anyone. Why is she telling this? What is her motive? And none of you believe it do you?
    I have never heard of anyone doing that either. I am not sure what the point was to her sharing that except they found an ID badge or something with another name on it and she is making up an excuse as to why KC would have someone elses name badge.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to s1rebecca For This Useful Post:

I am looking forward to the trial when they simply make her answer "yes" or "no" that is really going to get to her if she can not embelish her answers. I can see her getting really frustrated.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to s1rebecca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by s1rebecca View Post
    I am looking forward to the trial when they simply make her answer "yes" or "no" that is really going to get to her if she can not embelish her answers. I can see her getting really frustrated.
    I agree!! It will be torture for Cindy.. And I hope they cut her off at the pass right away every time she tries it.. I can see her becoming a hostile witness pretty darn quick..

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lizzysf For This Useful Post:

They are going to force feed her all her lies back to her, and she will not be able to defend herself like we've seen.. when it matters the most.. In front of the jurors.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizzysf For This Useful Post:

And just imagine her frustration at not being able to chomp-chomp-chomp away at a wad of gum when she's on the stand. I wonder how many hits off the water bottle she'll take??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainyGirl For This Useful Post:

I have never heard of anyone doing that either. I am not sure what the point was to her sharing that except they found an ID badge or something with another name on it and she is making up an excuse as to why KC would have someone elses name badge.

So another person under the bus. KC did not steal this ID, she was playing a game. Cindy say that KC had gotten them into a park event by using her ID? Unbelieveable. It was no accident that the lanyard with KC ID was hidden either. That ID is Universal property and Cindy knows that. Most people mail their's back into the company when they terminate.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Just my Opinion,
    Given what we know of Casey at this point, that rarely is anything she does or real or truthful. She's a professional grifter and scammer
    I have always just assumed that Casey had a "fake ID badge", that she put together herself. Unless you actually worked worked at Universal Studios, how would anyone know if it is an official badge or not. And I can only imagine that even within Universal itself, there are different kinds of badges. Cindy may or may not have known if it was real.

ETA: no one has seen an image of that lanyard as far as I know.
    Though I'm sure LE knows what official Universal ID Badges look like.
    Last edited by celticthyme; 10-23-2009 at 12:58 PM.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to celticthyme For This Useful Post:

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by headndownstream View Post
    These depositions have had me so upset, and I'm enjoying reading comments here, and keep thinking of things I want to throw in, but I'm less than halfway thru this thread and don't know if my questions will pop up later. Anyway, I'll throw this out there...has there been discussion about the 'trading ID's?'. I've had to wear an ID my whole life, where ever I worked, with the kind of work I do. I have never ever remotely heard of it being a fun thing to do to trade my ID with anyone. Why is she telling this? What is her motive? And none of you believe it do you?
    lmao. Cindy could tell me how old I am and I'd have to go re-check my birth cert! You kidding, nobody believes her (well, I guess a couple people may)! LOL
    Last edited by OneLostGrl; 10-23-2009 at 01:09 PM.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RainyGirl View Post
    And just imagine her frustration at not being able to chomp-chomp-chomp away at a wad of gum when she's on the stand. I wonder how many hits off the water bottle she'll take??

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

This has probably been mentioned already, I have not read all of the posts in this thread...but, Cindy says (in her depo) that she didn't know anything about Dominic's search of Suburban until after December 11th. Lee said in his depo that Cindy told him about it before December 11th...I wonder if the state has the inside scoop on this whole "search" to include the chain of communication ?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

Wowza! Finally finished all 3 deps. Cindy's was just so painfully looooong. Why isn't her lawyer telling her to answer yes or no, just yes or no. My lordy there is no reason for her to go on and on and on when asked simple yes/no questions. All these words are going to come back to haunt her.

By now someone must have mentioned to her that when one gives too much information they are usually not telling the truth. So don't blather on!

maybe they really are trying to get everything they have said thrown out cause it is all so confusing and confilcting, and then they won't have to testify against their daughter.

But after reading all 3 depos, the main story of what happened (well of what casey told them happened) hasn't completely changed. (except when they went on to the blanchard park story) Casey had them all seriously snowed!
    Not just about what happened to caylee, but about her whole day to day existence and what she was doing with her time. They didn't even know Tony existed, they really knew nothing of her true self.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luvthesleuths For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by celticthyme View Post
    Just my Opinion,
    Given what we know of Casey at this point, that rarely is anything she does or real or truthful. She's a professional grifter and scammer
    I have always just assumed that Casey had a "fake ID badge", that she put together herself. Unless you actually worked worked at Universal Studios, how would anyone know if it is an official badge or not. And I can only imagine that even within Universal itself, there are different kinds of badges. Cindy may or may not have known if it was real.

ETA: no one has seen an image of that lanyard as far as I know.
    Though I'm sure LE knows what official Universal ID Badges look like.
    I'm just reading about the lanyard now. The name on it is "Chris." Cindy said she didn't know Chris. I would imagine that the badge would contain more than just a person's first name and photo id. If it is used for entrance to anyplace it would be reasonable to think it probably has a "bar code" to keep track of that person's whereabouts. I hope SA has tracked "Chris" down . . . And if the whole thing is fake I'm sure they've substantiated that as well. In either case I think the lanyard discovery will prove to be a boon for SA. I think Exhibits 17 and 18 will be photos of the lanyard but don't want to go look and lose my place.
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:

I just looked at the Exhibits. There's no picture of the lanyard. There's a picture of what looks like the collapsible bin from the trunk with a rather large sticker with "Chris" printed on it. It's a Universal Orlando sticker. It looks like it may be a name tag sticker you would wear such as a "Hello My Name is" sticker.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

I think I read most of the posts here, but I can't be sure. I hope this isn't a repeat!

I'm on PDF pages 343-348. IMHO, Cindy has officially put Casey under the bus.

Cindy had stated she wasn't reading the discovery and I think she really should have. We all know that Caylee's body had been placed in a cylindrical laundry bag after being double-sealed in plastic bags, and we have the evidence picture to prove it.

Well, Linda Drane Burdick shows her the picture of the garage and asks her what is kept in the plastic bags up on the shelves. Unlike George, Cindy knows exactly what's where. She tells Linda that around Caylee's second birthday she bought a square laundry hamper to store Caylee's stuffed animals.

After some discussion, she says she bought a round one to keep balls in (the kind kids jump in). They had bought a "hippopotamus" from the neighbors with the balls. When they took the hippo off the porch, Cindy stored the round hamper in a plastic bag.

She points out that LE must have taken the round one because the black plastic bag it had been stored it was torn. She says they must have taken it Dec. 11, or she would have noticed the bag was torn and would have fixed the situation. LE wouldn't have torn the bag to get to its contents, that's more of a desperate Casey thing.

She also points out that the square one was missing. (We know LE took it Dec. 11)

Well, we know LE took the square one and matched it to the cylindrical one Caylee was dumped in... both same maker, same brand. Cindy ID'd them both

BOMBSHELL!
    Last edited by CarolinaMoon; 10-23-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    I think I read most of the posts here, but I can't be sure. I hope this isn't a repeat!

Cindy had stated she wasn't reading the discovery and I think she really should have. We all know that Caylee's body had been placed in a cylindrical laundry bag after being double-sealed in plastic bags, and we have the evidence picture to prove it.

Well, Linda Drane Burdick shows her the picture of the garage and asks her what is kept in the plastic bags up on the shelves. Unlike George, Cindy knows exactly what's where. She tells Linda that around Caylee's second birthday she bought a square laundry hamper to store Caylee's stuffed animals.

After some discussion, she says she bought a round one to keep balls in (the kind kids jump in). They had bought a "hippopotamus" from the neighbors with the balls. When they took the hippo off the porch, Cindy stored the round hamper in a plastic bag.

She points out that LE must have taken the round one because the black plastic bag it had been stored it was torn. She says they must have taken it Dec. 11, or she would have noticed the bag was torn and would have fixed the situation. LE wouldn't have torn the bag to get to its contents, that's more of a desperate Casey thing.

She also points out that the square one was missing. (We know LE took it Dec. 11)

Well, we know LE took the square one and matched it to the cylindrical one Caylee was dumped in... both same maker, same brand. Cindy ID'd them both

BOMBSHELL!
    True...and if LE took the cylindrical bag with the balls stored in it...was it LE that walked back and dumped the balls in the shed? haha!! NOT!! So if the balls were stored in this bag...Casey must have dumped the balls in the shed when she took the bag, or Cindy found them in the garage sans the bag and put them in the shed. Either way ya slice it up, Cindy knew the bag was gone when she either discovered the balls in the shed, or moved them there herself..

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lizzysf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luvthesleuths View Post
    Wowza! Finally finished all 3 deps. Cindy's was just so painfully looooong. Why isn't her lawyer telling her to answer yes or no, just yes or no. My lordy there is no reason for her to go on and on and on when asked simple yes/no questions. All these words are going to come back to haunt her.

By now someone must have mentioned to her that when one gives too much information they are usually not telling the truth. So don't blather on!

maybe they really are trying to get everything they have said thrown out cause it is all so confusing and confilcting, and then they won't have to testify against their daughter.

But after reading all 3 depos, the main story of what happened (well of what casey told them happened) hasn't completely changed. (except when they went on to the blanchard park story) Casey had them all seriously snowed!
    Not just about what happened to caylee, but about her whole day to day existence and what she was doing with her time. They didn't even know Tony existed, they really knew nothing of her true self
    Only because they ignored the obvious and many years worth of signs. For Cindy's sake.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lizzysf View Post
    True...and if LE took the cylindrical bag with the balls stored in it...was it LE that walked back and dumped the balls in the shed? haha!! NOT!! So if the balls were stored in this bag...Casey must have dumped the balls in the shed when she took the bag, or Cindy found them in the garage sans the bag and put them in the shed. Either way ya slice it up, Cindy knew the bag was gone when she either discovered the balls in the shed, or moved them there herself..
    Or Cindy made no mistake in her depo.. once again here we are with Cindy offering too much informatation about something she claims to have no knowledge of.

Maybe Cindy emptied the balls herself?

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post

BOMBSHELL!
    Great post!! I hadn't noticed any of this!! You r0ck!
    Last edited by OneLostGrl; 10-23-2009 at 06:19 PM.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

As far as CA goes.....

I think that her history of "word salad" will bring her "just desserts".

37. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Here is my thoughts on the depositions of all 3 of the A's this was a way for the SA to lock them into certain statements....But make no mistake when the trial happens and they are each on the stand the SA will not only have the comments that were made during this deposition but they will bring out all of the interview clips as well as the Morgan & Morgan deposition and at that point they will drop the hammer on them for all of the conflicting statements, this is the point where I think we will see some perjury charges come into play....With all of the lies that have been told there is no way the A's will be able to keep it all straight and it will be one heck of several days that they will spend on the witness stand...I would give anything to be in the courtroom during the days the A's are forced to testify against KC...

And if we all thought that these depositions were crap, just wait until JB gets them on the stand to do his depositions, at that point the SA will more than likely get a whole lot more ammunition to load for the cross examination of this family...

There will certainly be fireworks when this goes to trial and I do not think for a moment that the SA will be as nice to this family when they are on the stand during the trial...

Does anyone know if the items that are currently under seal by the courts will be shown to the general public during the trial, or do they make the poll camera point away from the exhibits when they are shown to the jury?
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimmer For This Useful Post:

I wanted the SA to ask during the depositions why Jeffrey Michael Hopkins or Juliette Lewis haven't been located. Instead of asking if Mr. Casey had found the nanny, has he looked for Hopkins or Juliette Lewis? Since they aren't accused of kidnapping like the nanny is, why wouldn't they come forward, or someone that knows them. If anyone believes KC's story, wouldn't the logical investigator search for Jeff Hopkins since he introduced KC to the nanny. Surely he would have a number to contact her and maybe he didn't lose his phone (sarcasm intended)

41. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jandkmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
    I wanted the SA to ask during the depositions why Jeffrey Michael Hopkins or Juliette Lewis haven't been located. Instead of asking if Mr. Casey had found the nanny, has he looked for Hopkins or Juliette Lewis? Since they aren't accused of kidnapping like the nanny is, why wouldn't they come forward, or someone that knows them. If anyone believes KC's story, wouldn't the logical investigator search for Jeff Hopkins since he introduced KC to the nanny. Surely he would have a number to contact her and maybe he didn't lose his phone (sarcasm intended)
    I am sure that all of these questions will be asked during the trial, the SA wants to make sure to get certain questions answered and on the record for the depositions, but they also want to hold some of there thoughts close to the vest, so that they can catch the defense of guard...I certainly think the SA is so on top of this case, it will blow our minds when it gets to trial, and all of the A's will be made to look like fools when that happens.
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimmer For This Useful Post:

Talking

i would like to see them all squirm on the witness stand

but it aint gonna happen imo

this will never get to trial..

what we have seen for evidence, is just the beginning

it all boils down to this

when you have no defense, welllll then you have no defense

life in prison... they will be begging for it with the state

adios KC

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robotdog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
    They touched on it briefly with LA, but when they asked him about Juliet Lewis, JB lauged and said "you mean the actress?"....entirely inappropriate, of course, because it's his stupid client that pulled the name out of her hat, so laugh at her, Bozo....
    Anyway, I think with that silly statement, JB pretty much answered LA's question for him-There is no Juliet and using that name is ridiculous.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

seekingjustice** is offline My beautiful Girl 'Monique Ashleigh' - See you in Heaven..
    I am halfway though reading all the posts on this thread, so please excuse me if this has already been discussed..

In Cindy's depo, part 2, page 371- they are talking about the mass text via cellphone and my-space that Casey sent out to all her contacts on the morning of July 16 2008.

Cindy says that it was her idea to alert as many people as she could.

SA asks: When you came up with that idea, did Casey object?

Cindy says: No, Absolutely not!

SA asks: She wasn't afraid that that would somehow put anybody in danger?

Cindy says: NO

Ok, so I take this to mean that any defence that Casey may try to make saying she couldn't tell anyone that Casey was missing was because it would put her in danger - was just obliterated by Cindy!!

49. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to seekingjustice** For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast