Tim Miller Fires Back at Mark Klaas after last nights Nancy Grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillenFan21

Reaction score
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved

As unlikely as it seems, fellow missing child advocate Mark Klaas has blasted Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller for an amateur undercover operation that used a TES volunteer to befriend Misty Cummings, playing her “undercover mama” in an attempt to ferret out new information that might be helpful to police, who believe the 17 year old babysitter turned stepmom may be hiding more than she’s revealed about the missing child.

Tim Miller “should be in jail” for what he did, declared Klaas on CNN HLN’s The Nancy Grace Show Wednesday night. Klaas said such a sting operation could threaten any case police might build against Misty should she ever be charged.

But an outraged Miller fired back Thursday. “F—Mark Klaas!” said Miller, in an exclusive interview with The Bald Truth. “Yesterday Texas Equusearch found our 102nd victim. Unfortunately, he’d drowned, but we used our sonar and equipment and brought closure to another family. How many missing people has Mark Klaas found? All he’s done is live off his daughter’s name.”

Miller said he was shocked Klaas would question his status with police, and the high regard LE say they have for TES and its help in the Cummings case. It was Miller who put together an explosive battery of tests, including a polygraph he says Misty flunked, that many credit with jump-starting public interest in the case. Miller shared the results with investigators.

“I challenge Mark Klaas to walk into the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department with me and see if I get arrested,” he told me Thursday, offering to fly Klaas to Florida next week when he plans to return to Satsuma. “If I had enough time to read, let alone answer, all the criticism against me, nothing would get done in my office. So, for now, I’m loading up my boat and sonar equipment, to go search for another fisherman who drowned, and help another family. I invite Mark Klaas to join us.”

Both Klaas and Miller have lost daughters to kidnappers; the remains of Miller’s 16 year old daughter, Laura, were found in a field 17 months after he says he asked law enforcement to search the area and they ignored him. No killer was ever caught, but Miller has channeled his pain, grief and guilt into finding others’ lost loved ones.

“At least I got to bury my daughter,” he says, “and that’s something so many victims’ families don’t get to do. If I can help one family avoid what I went through, Laura will not have died in vain.”

MORE of the ARTICLE HERE: http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/15/exclusive-new-misty-cummings-double-agent-details/#more-3236

Wow, what a classy guy. :rolleyes: I think TM has done some really good things and I think he has a good heart. But he should just keep his mouth closed. I lose more respect for him every time he speaks.
All he’s done is live off his daughter’s name.”
That is a low blow and a very, very tasteless thing to say.

All he’s done is live off his daughter’s name.”
Wow, what a tasteless, horrible comment.

I just lost a lot of respect for Tim Miller. He, of all people, should know how much that comment hurts. It was a disgusting comment. I've always liked Tim and TES, but I'm starting to doubt my own judgment.

That makes three of us then. Wow, I'm flabbergasted that he would say such a thing about Mark Klaas. Unreal.

Anyway, I wonder why Mr. Miller doesn't feel the need to communicate through the "real media" instead of someone like Art Harris?

I'm always the fifth wheel. From here on out, if anything ever happened to one of my family members, TES will not be welcomed. I would have enough to be worried about dealing with a family crisis without the added worries of potential problems they may come along in having contact with TES. To all the other potential families out there in the future, I wish them and TES the very best in search efforts.

We need all these search organizations, not just one kind. They all have something to offer. The differences are what makes the greatness. We need peace between these organizations, not dissension and strife. This case is way out of hand. Some need to step away and quit living it.

I've never known Mark Klaas to be disrespectful or cruel to anyone. I've always admired his courage and his strength to help others because of what has happened to him. I am horrified at Tim Miller's comment about Mark living off of his daughter's name - badly done, Tim. Badly done!

Wow, all the respect I had for TM, despite his doing some things that I seriously disagreed with, just went flying right out the window.

Not that I necessarily agree with MK's comments on NG either. Why can't these org. leaders stop competing and realize they are all in it for the same thing: to bring a missing child home?

What Willenfan says, and I encourage everyone to watch NG's show tonight when the link is put up. Pay close particular attention to Art Harris and what he says about LE's investigative techniques and plans are tonight as we speak for Lisa Croslin while they have her detained in the putnam county jail.

Not only do we have Tim giving Art these exclusive interviews one behind the other, we now have Art on live tv telling the viewing audience what LE is doing tonight in detail with Lisa, Misty's Mom.

I posted on another thread, what he described LE is doing in questioning Lisa. How they will put in front of Lisa all of mistys stories and ask her to compare the before and afters. Then to compare them to what she has told her. Watch the video.

Who has given Art Harris this inside information concerning LE and their investigative techniques that are being used tonight on Lisa? He mentioned several in the video. HE spoke with certainty of knowing. We have Tim claiming working undercover with LE and with their Blessings. Giving them blow by blow reports as he tricked Misty with a false sense of security using a Motherly figure. Then we have Tim working so close with Art obviously. So we have Tim and his daily interviews with Art, Tim working closely daily reporting to LE as according to their own words, Tim and Art state LE and Tim are in constant contact. And then we have Art tonight giving us new insider information about the pcso. Where's the leak? Who is the leak? How does Art have this information to begin with? Who is Art Harris?

IMO~ it's Mark Klaas who should keep his mouth shut. I have respect for both of these men, they both do great things, but Mark Klaas clearly has a chip on his shoulder. MK chose to voice his opinion about Tim Miller on NG, what was Tim supposed to do? AKAIK Tim was in contact with LE, and they seem to not have a problem with what he did, not sure why MK has such an issue with it.

I do/did question TM's judgment with his "undercover mama", however MK went too far in saying that Tim should be arrested. I think MK has clouded judgment here, because of the way his own daughter disappeared, but I don't think LE ever called his story a "farce", "unbelievable", "inconsistent", and I am quite sure he cooperated with LE every step of the way.

JMO

IMO~ it's Mark Klaas who should keep his mouth shut. I have respect for both of these men, they both do great things, but Mark Klaas clearly has a chip on his shoulder. MK chose to voice his opinion about Tim Miller on NG, what was Tim supposed to do? AKAIK Tim was in contact with LE, and they seem to not have a problem with what he did, not sure why MK has such an issue with it.

I do/did question TM's judgment with his "undercover mama", however MK went too far in saying that Tim should be arrested. I think MK has clouded judgment here, because of the way his own daughter disappeared, but I don't think LE ever called his story a "farce", "unbelievable", "inconsistent", and I am quite sure he cooperated with LE every step of the way.

JMO
Mark Klaas never said a word about Tim's daughter, Tim Miller took things to the gutter level w/ that statement.

What I think Tim should have done is taken the high road and not even dignified it w/ a response. And IMO it's Tim Miller whose judgement is clouded.

And no LE didn't use those w/ MK but they have in many cases pinned all their efforts on the parents or the last person to see the child and it was a grave mistake, it does happen.

When I listened to MK last night on NG, I could tell he was under the assumption that LE was not aware of what TM was doing with DB and MC. Thus, the comment that TM should be arrested. That's what I meant when I said earlier today that MK should at least have his facts straight before making such comments. They are hurtful. I noticed a defensive attitude with Mark when we were all still searching for little Caylee. The remarks toward Tim were always critical. Now, that TM has decided to start firing back, it's TM that doesn't look so good. I'm sure Tim said that out of anger but it took a lot to get him there. This is the first time I've ever heard or seen any comment in retaliation toward Mark. Sorry it's come to this but maybe it's time for these two men to sit down and talk. The worst that could come out of it is they have laid their cards on the table. The best that can come of it is they will find a way to work together and help a lot of people that desperately need it, especially the little ones that need to be protected and found.

Well, I can kind of understand why Mark Klass was upset.It really isn't good professionally to get involved like that and I totally agree most investigations should be left for the police.Someone really can get hurt or it can interfere with the investigation.But I can totally understand Tim Miller and alot of us getting frustrated and thinking something needs to be done.I would have to know if LE really knew about this and if they thought it was ok.I respect both of these men.They have both helped so many people.I pray they can work together for Haleighs sake and not let her down.Them bashing each other and people bashing them is not and will not help find Haleigh.We need people like this to help find Haleigh.Who else is looking for this pretty little girl?I really don't know what to think about all this.I just pray someone finds Haleigh.

I hope no one here ever loses a child to an abduction, or under mysterious circumstances. It would be hard to get Mark K off of NG to come search, but I have no doubt in my mind, Tim Miller would be there in a heartbeat. I know which one I would feel more comfortable calling, regardless of their personal feelings for each other.

I still have more respect for TM than I do for MK....let MK get out there in the brush with TM and get his hands and feet dirty instead of sitting in a studio as a guest of NG spouting whatever her current sermon happens to be....

I admire TM for doing ANYTHING he could to find Haleigh.
I think MK is going through some thing personal , JMO
MK usually does his homework and in Haleigh's case, something is far off.
2 powerful men with some ego problems right now.
We also know that TM has had health problems and this stress ........
I just want Haleigh found and those responsible for her disappearance caught and punished!
Haleighneeds Justice NOW!!

Frankly, when people who do searches become commentators on a pseudo news show, for whatever reason, they need to examine their goals. JMO etc etc.

Frankly, when people who do searches become commentators on a pseudo news show, for whatever reason, they need to examine their goals. JMO etc etc.

It doesn't seem that TM can do anything right these days.

The very thing any parent always worries and teaches their child against.

Someone getting ahold of their child and tricking them into something. How many police videos have been watched in schools, bought for homes, to teach our children about trickery and methods used by people? No, we don't do any and everything it takes to anyone and say it was in the name of some good cause.

No no no. It goes against everything I've taught my children to look for and be aware of. Now you absolutely see what the "true" meaning of "double minded" speaking out of both sides of your mouth looks like in action. No wonder our children are confused. When doing a good cause, it should be "Good". Peace.

Maybe my biggest issue is with LE, if they set Misty up with a 24/7 amateur undercover "witness" who could only then offer up inadmissible hearsay at a trial. SHEESH. Anything Misty said couldn't be used against her if DB was acting as an agent for LE unless DB managed somehow to tape it all. And that seems unlikely given the road rage incident (that would have made a fine defense exhibit, huh? LE's "undercover agent" chasing some woman down the highway, making obscene gestures, and getting pulled over for road rage.

If this is how LE's whole investigation has been carried out, maybe Misty IS telling the truth. How reliable was the polygrapher and the polygraph? How reliable is the physical evidence LE says contradicts Misty's story? If they need Tim Miller to do their job for them, there's no chance at all of finding Haleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong