899 users online (119 members and 780 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Triss View Post
    Great find, dr.strangelove! Yes, I wish more had come of it too. Are we 100% sure that the detective looked into that suggestion? Even if George doesn't know why JD killed herself (although I'm still not really convinced she commited suicide), he must know her name. They took a picture together and she kept it so he was obviously important to her. 26 years without a name, let's bring this girl home.
    Yes i remember the detective seemed receptive to the suggestion and was very open to suggestions. I was under the impression it was looked into but i could be wrong

lol I used secret spray around that time frame. it is entirely possible she is Latina. I know quite a few Latinos w red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternArtist View Post
    Here's that side by side. I agree, the guy in the photo looks a lot like this Jorge Martinez (I still can't believe what an amazing find Dr. Strangelove made here).

I've been looking more into Jorge in here https://caselookup.nmcourts.gov/caselookup/ The year of birth is listed with most cases so I could narrow it down to which ones are this Jorge. He has one with others named in it but they're way after the Doe was found. Eduardo Colin is also in there with a co-defendant and it's a 90's case. This is someone who also may know who this woman is.

I also tend to think that the Doe is Hispanic. I'm sure many many people will disagree with me but from my experiences spray deodorant is more popular amongst Latinas. I had never even seen it until college but in the dorms there were a few women using it and they were all Latinas. Perhaps it was also more popular in the early 90's but that's just my experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    lol I used secret spray around that time frame. it is entirely possible she is Latina. I know quite a few Latinos w red hair.
    Henna rinses were popular then, too, among all ethnicities and hair colors.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

How about Melinda Creech as a potential match? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...h_melinda.html
    She went missing juvenile detention facility in Indiana in 1979. She would have been 25 when the UID was found. She is listed in some places as Hispanic and in others as White so I am guessing she may be biracial. Her eyes are listed as blue but appear grayish in photos. What I keep looking at for the UID as possibly the most distinctive feature is her wide set eyes and fairly straight eyebrows. While they do appear to be groomed to that shape they also appear to naturally not have much of an arch which is kind of unusual. I sort of see that feature in Melinda. The timeline and distance aren't great here though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag

she does look a little similar. couldn't hurt to call it in?

Quote Originally Posted by WesternArtist View Post
    How about Melinda Creech as a potential match? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...h_melinda.html
    She went missing juvenile detention facility in Indiana in 1979. She would have been 25 when the UID was found. She is listed in some places as Hispanic and in others as White so I am guessing she may be biracial. Her eyes are listed as blue but appear grayish in photos. What I keep looking at for the UID as possibly the most distinctive feature is her wide set eyes and fairly straight eyebrows. While they do appear to be groomed to that shape they also appear to naturally not have much of an arch which is kind of unusual. I sort of see that feature in Melinda. The timeline and distance aren't great here though.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11