CANADA Canada - Theresa Allore, 19, Lennoxville, QC, 3 Nov 1978

Old Broad

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.whokilledtheresa.com/

I found this website a while ago and haven't found anything on it here at WS, if there is already a thread please delete this one. The family has had to fight so hard to find out anything, first they were told she had died from an accidental overdose.

Old Broad

I haven't seen her site or heard of her murder before. Thanks for posting it.

I remember see something about her but iam pretty sure it was not on this site...Iam thinking maybe doe network but not sure...

Originally posted by: johnallore on LTWH Cold Cases

Seeking information that will lead to the closure of my sister's case. Theresa Allore died in Quebec in 1978. Her death may be related to two other unsolved murders in the region from 1977 - 1978 (Louise Camirand and Manon Dube). Further information os available at

Who Killed Theresa?

The case is included in Kim Rossmo's book, Criminal Investigative Failures.

Posted by: gaia227 in 2008...

Great in-depth article published September of this year about Theresa's murder. It is so frustrating. LE calls in a drug overdose yet there were no drugs found in Theresa's body......

Why wasn't Theresa Allore discovered sooner?

When 19-year-old Theresa Allore went missing from school and then turned up dead on a lonely country road, Quebec police led her family to believe she had died of a drug overdose. Now, 23 years later, her brother John Allore and National Post reporter Patricia Pearson have spent five months investigating Theresa's disappearance. In a three-part series beginning today, Pearson uncovers the story of Theresa's death, which was almost certainly a murder by a serial killer who may still be at large.

We tend to think of unsolved mysteries as a parlour game. But that isn't the case for everyone. For some, like John Allore, treasury manager of the city of Durham, N.C., the mystery he cannot solve is the one that keeps his heart from mending.

THERE IS A 5 PART SERIES OF VIDEO'S LINKS ARE LISTED IN ORDER:...More...

Welcome to Websleuths Mr. Allore. I'm sorry its under these circumstances. Hopefully someone will have information on your sisters case...

Thank you very much... and it's quite alright. I'm coming up on the 31 anniversary of Theresa's death and I would like to think I've gained some emotional maturity.

So... If I can help other cold-case victims through this experience I would like them to count on me as a resource.

It's more about the support. Please lean on me for advice!

Cheers to all who are in the dark and need a little illumination,

John A

Untitled-Scanned-48.jpg

Are these still available, to be tested for any DNA?
i spent last night looking at your information, and i could not find anything related to any DNA testing being done on the clothing?I am assuming, clothing and other evidence is still available for testing yes?
I know your sisters was DESTROYED!...so we have to look elsewhere

allore%20lion%20hitchhike.JPG

I am really surprised, no other students have ever been reported missing over the years from this school, or would that be something they would not want known to the public?
this view from the pub, reminds me of someone just setting there reading the newspaper, and watching the hitch hikers gather at the corner, and waiting for someone he likes to appear.....almost like a picking ground, just set and wait, then go offer them a ride.............seems it would be someone local, whom fits in, known by many perhaps.........knows the route to the school, the route the students would take to hitch hike back to school after missing the bus...

Detectives2.jpg

Are these still available for DNA testing?

IMG_1359.JPG

Someone took these clothes, that were there,.....perhaps the killer themselves retrieved the clothing, after the hunters had left, or when it became apparent a search of the area was going to be done.

Slide36.jpg
wallet3.jpg

the top photo, to the right down the embankment, does that lead into the woods?.....i don't know for sure what LE opinion is, but i would say, and just speculating of course, but i would say if she did get a ride from that corner, the POI could have been watching from that pub, or setting in a vehicle near by watching and waiting.........picked her up, and when they got to wear her wallet was found, there was a struggle, and upon her exiting the vehicle, during the struggle, either her pants , pocket was torn , which caused the wallet to be found, where it was, and she ran down hill from the side of the road, that is why i asked if that was a wooded area down the embankment...she ran into the woods and was followed, and was caught, made to disrobe, and made another attempt to escape at some point, and was caught again...............

(add on 2)...or perhaps, she arrived at this point, already disrobed, and had her clothes and wallet on her lap or so forth, and when she got out, the wallet fell to the ground and stayed where it was found. the point being, i don't think the killer was responsible, for the wallet being found there, but your sister did, ....at sometime, she was right there, where her wallet was found.

or, after the hunters found matching clothing, but it was gone when returned,...perhaps the POI returned to the area, took the clothing, and upon getting back into his vehicle, the wallet fail out and found where it was.......................
but i think the first part is more likely what happen, i would say she, it was dropped while getting out of the vehicle...........but its all speculation on my part.

i DO have my doubts, about someone just picking up these women, and just killing them in a vehicle and then just dumping them, killing them in the vehicle, and then just dumping them.........there may be a place, there taking to first, before being left in that area, a place close by, but not so close to neighbors or the school itself.........but a place where the POI, could get to the dumping ground, in a short time, without drawing and suspicions....................the POI, may not have an addiction to the killing, and may be able to simply turn it on and off, his desire to kill....but, its something he is able to control and does it when he wants to, and not because he has to...........in this regard, it should be mentioned, that having you continue on with this case as you have, you probably have saved another from being murdered, because the POI, has/had stopped do to the publicity you have kept on going.

since they were found in the general area, i agree that the same person, could be responsible for the three, since it would be a area he was comfortable with....

Your visual aids are outstanding!, you provided a lot of pieces to this puzzle, which is always helpful in trying to put things together.
I know, not all you know, has been released, and that is understandable and respected.

There is that chance, the poi in this case, lives somewhere right in the middle of all this.....someone whom had a cellar type dwelling, attached to there home, mobile home, garage etc.....Anyone, you can think of, back then, whom was a POI, whom had such a dwelling that you can recall?

(#3)....they do drive on the right side of the road there, like we do here in the USA yes?..........if they do, which i was just not sure, so i asked.
Did a POI, live in that area, if you continue down the road, on the same side as the wallet was found, you go in the same direction as the picture was taken, did a POI live in that area..........it seems perhaps, but just speculating again, the killer left the area, going in that direction, which means he may have been heading home, in that direction.......that is why i ask.

(#4)....utube part 3 of 5......i found that to be a very spiritual moment for you, in NC...something spiritual, that manifested itself into the physical, so you could see that which up to that point, had only been spiritual.
Could you sense something like that at the time, like it being a message of some sort..
(#4b)...I know you may think it to be a mere coincidence, them coming to search your property, but i think its more then that, and i think perhaps so do you....THINK back....to that time, while they were there searching your property, and you was watching them through the window, what thoughts were you having , at that time....those quite thoughts you heard in your mind, as you were watching the men search, and i am only interested, in those thoughts you were having about your sister at the time, and not any thoughts about the previous owner, or the reasons why LE was there etc.......try and remember.

Oh boy... lots of questions... I will try to answer:

1. The clothing for my sister, and Manon Dube (and the stuff in the garbage bag) was all destroyed. We assume the Camirand clothing was destroyed (can't no for sure, police never gave me access to that file). The only reason the wallet survived is because police gave to my father. In 2002 police retested and found male DNA (could have been an inspectors, or person who found it in 1979)

2. Students missing: I searched thoroughly the news archives from about 1969 - 1989 and found nothing: draw your own conclusions (incarcerated, moved). I have no doubt there were multiply attacks on woman at the school that the school covered up.

3. Woods down embankment. "Anyone who had outbuilding / trailer, etc... back in that time"? YES: Everyone! (seriously, creepiest place on earth, with so many places to do really bad things).

4. Same side of the road as USA, yes. You get into things about "left handed v right handed" and what feels natural to throw. Keep in mind I would consider it risking behavior to throw a wallet across the other lane of traffic.

5. Spiritual: The plaster like the heart? Definitely. Theresa was very fun, and a practical joker. So what I feel when I spend time on this for the most part is a sense of lightness and playfulness (thank god it rarely feels dark and disturbing: sure it IS disturbing, but there is a spiritual sense of comfort)

6. Search property: good point: I will try.

www.theresaallore.com

I'm going to add one thing here for the benefit of you at this site who spend a lot of time doing this and have been exposed to a lot more cases:

I have always thought that the idea if a connection with the unsolveds from Northern Maine, NH and Vermont should AT LEAST be explored by law enforcement (believe me, I have tried to get police to at least look at the idea).

Kim Rossmo hates this theory as it defies all logic of a serial killer working within their milieu. However all it would take is an occupation like a trucker to move this theory from the realm of bad-movie-scenario to plausible.

www.theresaallore.com

Oh boy... lots of questions... I will try to answer:

1. The clothing for my sister, and Manon Dube (and the stuff in the garbage bag) was all destroyed. We assume the Camirand clothing was destroyed (can't no for sure, police never gave me access to that file). The only reason the wallet survived is because police gave to my father. In 2002 police retested and found male DNA (could have been an inspectors, or person who found it in 1979)

2. Students missing: I searched thoroughly the news archives from about 1969 - 1989 and found nothing: draw your own conclusions (incarcerated, moved). I have no doubt there were multiply attacks on woman at the school that the school covered up.

3. Woods down embankment. "Anyone who had outbuilding / trailer, etc... back in that time"? YES: Everyone! (seriously, creepiest place on earth, with so many places to do really bad things).

4. Same side of the road as USA, yes. You get into things about "left handed v right handed" and what feels natural to throw. Keep in mind I would consider it risking behavior to throw a wallet across the other lane of traffic.

5. Spiritual: The plaster like the heart? Definitely. Theresa was very fun, and a practical joker. So what I feel when I spend time on this for the most part is a sense of lightness and playfulness (thank god it rarely feels dark and disturbing: sure it IS disturbing, but there is a spiritual sense of comfort)

6. Search property: good point: I will try.

www.theresaallore.com

1. In 2002 police retested and found male DNA (could have been an inspectors, or person who found it in 1979)

If they still have that DNA, and had a complete DNA profile, i would have someone run it again, in all the DNA databases available to have it ran, it may be inspectors, or person whom found it, or it could be a POI, or even someone convicted on a related crime to match it with.....seven years later, can you tell us what they did with it, and if its still available to run for a possible match.

3. "Anyone who had outbuilding / trailer, etc... back in that time"? YES: Everyone!​

I was more interested on a POI on a list you may had.

4.Keep in mind I would consider it risking behavior to throw a wallet across the other lane of traffic.

I don't understand this, i was not implying it was tossed across the road.........i assumed, she was found on the same side of the road as the wallet was found, but im taking your statement as meaning, the wallet was found on the one side of the road, and she was found on the other side??

5.Spiritual: The plaster like the heart? Definitely. Theresa was very fun, and a practical joker. So what I feel when I spend time on this for the most part is a sense of lightness and playfulness (thank god it rarely feels dark and disturbing: sure it IS disturbing, but there is a spiritual sense of comfort)

its taken me awhile, to respond to this one, for this is the one i wanted to see your response about the most. In cold cases, anything is possible, as far as how a case will be resolved.....But i think more then likely, your going to resolved this, by spiritual means, and nothing currently available physically. you stated, your sister is a practical joker, then she would probably get a good laugh from seeing you jump at times, when you become startled by something.
and probably say to you, hey john its me, chill out or something.
I would like to believe, that both of us believe, that if your sister had any way, to help you solve her case from the spiritual side of life, she would do that for you. And its my belief, right now, that that is exactly what she is doing, you have/are experiencing something that is extremely rare/ reported.........and that is to have spirit manifest something from the spiritual realm, into the physical realm, in order for you to continue on, and eventually resolve and end this chapter of your sisters life, , and someday, that will make a good book to read, and give hope and encouragement to others, to know that perhaps , there are and can be other ways, of resolving situations, by means they cannot currently see. I can only compare it to the stories, you read about, a cold case, being re looked at, and this time, for some reason or the other, theirs something that seems new, or information, that for one reason or the other, was overlooked, or somehow missed, that lead to the case being solved........I like to think at times, that's spirit, sliding something, into the file, that was not there before, but now it is.

getting back to your answers/?s. As far as a connection to someone in the states, i don't know...........i noticed on your sites, there is french writing also, back at that time, would someone coming from one of those states you mentioned, need to speak french there, where the girls were from?
or at the time, was it mainly English language spoken there? To have one come from the states, murder here, and then go to canada and commit murder there, or not murder here, but murder there, and the opposite is true also, as far as a canadian truck driver coming from there, killing there and also coming to the states and committing murder here also.......anything is possible. If you have some hard or soft evidence, that would make a possible connection, then send it to the state police in each of those states, i am sure they would check it out to see if there are any similarities on file, to warrant a possible further investigation into a possible connection between the state and Canada.

but i would like to know, if any of the POI on your list, had a job similar to the search being done in NC....for instance, when they were searching the septic tank area, i think it was, did any POI, have a job back in Canada in that type of work, or perhaps when they were searching the landscape, was there any POI on your list, that had that type of occupation back there in Canada?

and this Clifford Olson you mentioned, from your signiture link, even though it was BULL... as you say it was, if he said he had information, and gave any information, regardless if it was all BULL, we would still like to know, what he said, if that would be possible.

cover up?, the lack of involvement from LE back then.......
was there ever a rumor going around at the time, that perhaps it could have been the son or nephew of a hi ranking public official, and with there connections, they were trying to cover it up, make it go away by destroying evidence, and not allowing any witnesses to come forward, for fear of retaliation/intimidation?.....Just speculating on that, not indicating any truth what soever in that statement.

LE should give you the case files on this, some of them whom may be working on it, may not had been born at the time, and from what i can tell, they were passed on information from the case, that had hardly anything in it.................that one detective, that said, no physical evidence connected the women together, as far as being killed by the same person, well, she forgot about one important physical piece of evidence, and that is the fact, that were found in the same general area, which would indicate they were relating, even if nothing on there person, would indicate as such.

Has any of your LE friends in NC, given you any advice, on pursuing this investigation? especially with your curiosity about a possible connection, with the states?

i will google your sisters name over the weekend, for i am finding things out i didnot know, until after I googled her name........i wish now, i would have done that before answering your post.

Three part article about Theresa's case and how it may be part of a cluster of crimes against females.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=05e480bc-7071-4931-9661-91877394b889&p=4

"Mr. Allore has now collected accounts of 18 other incidents of intimidation, harassment and sexual assault, any of which may help unravel the enigma of Theresa's fate.

It may only be the tip of the iceberg, he added, because most of the women who have come forward speak English, leaving a huge swath of the francophone population untapped.

"I'm not saying they're all connected," said the 42-year-old father of three, who lives in North Carolina.

"It's that there was enough of them to show a pattern."

The women's accounts bear striking similarities.

Most were hitchhiking, a common practice at the time, when they ran into trouble.

Several described beat-up cars. Two mentioned vehicles with bench seats. In four cases, some sort of tool was used as a weapon".

"A PATTERN OF CRIME"

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=51aa66b5-504b-4439-ae77-54b069552003

"2) March 19, 1977 - At 9:30 p.m. 20-year-old Louise Camirand vanished from the corner of King St. and Jacques Cartier Blvd. in Sherbrooke. The engaged, part-time archivist at the local hospital was last seen leaving a dépanneur.
Her nude corpse was found face down in a snowbank on March 25 between the village of Austin and the town of Magog.
A pathologist determined that she had been raped and strangled with a bootlace, possibly military issue, possibly her own. The lace was found tied around her neck. Some sort of tool had been inserted into her vagina mutilating her.
Her pants and suede jacket were in the snow beside her body. But her blouse and underwear were never located.
No one was ever arrested or charged with her slaying."

Some of the "connected" murders (mainly the ones with younger victims) have a fair resemblance to the Snow Killer/Oakland County Child Killer/Babysitter slayings near Detroit in 1976-77.

Very sad case. It's a shame Theresa's murder was brushed off by the university and local police. I feel so badly that her family was treated badly. In the first 5 minutes of reading about this case, its easy to surmise Theresa did not die from a drug overdose.

I graduated from college a couple of years before this, during the years Ted Bundy was roaming campuses. College women were preyed upon quite a bit back in those days and schools, especially in small towns and rural areas, often did blame rapes and assaults on the victims. I suppose many still do.

Whoever this killer was, he had to know the area very well and felt comfortable committing so many crimes there. The location of Theresa's body was sufficiently remote (and on private property) that an outsider would never have chosen it. The serial killer aspect also seems possible. So many of the victim accounts in the NP articles above mention similar perps, weapons (red/long handled screwdriver), etc., but I'm not sure all are connected. The maps and timelines of the three highlighted cases are difficult to deny.

It's frightening also to think the perp may still be out there living in the "eastern townships". I wonder if our RichKelly could weigh in on this, though Theresa's brothers have done a superb job in getting expert help to review the case. I continue to be so amazed at the brothers and other family members who pursue answers in the deaths of their sisters. There are more than a few here in the Cold Case section and I applaud their devotion and hard work.

This case seems so close to being solved. I really hope it happens. Even if they find the perp, but can't link him to the evidence in Theresa's death, he's likely been involved in other attacks on women in the area, with some evidence possibly available for testing. Anything to get him off the streets or locked up for good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back