GUILTY TX - Veronica, 29, & Mitchell Esquivel, 3, Denver City, 15 Oct 2009

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
The following message is transmitted at the request of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

The Denver City Police Department is searching for Mitchell Romero, White, male, 3 years old, D.O.B. 12/31/05, with black hair and unknown other physical descriptions.

Police are looking for Mario Romero, white, male, 34 years old, D.O.B. 12/27/75, 5' 7", 205 lbs, black hair and brown eyes, in his abduction.

The suspect is driving a maroon 2004 GMC Yukon with TX license plate number of 43WFX6. The suspect was last heard from in Denver City, TX.

Law enforcement officials believe this child to be in grave or immediate danger.

If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Denver City Police Department at 806-592-3516.

Denver City authorities say they're looking for 34-year-old Mario Romero for questioning in the death of his wife 29-year-old Veronica Esquivel Romero.

Police tell us they arrived on the scene at around 6:00 PM last night and found her body.

Right now they are not releasing how exactly Veronica died.

If you have any information you're asked to call Denver City Police.

ETA: another link with pic of little Mitchell

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=11330370

Amber Alert Issued for 3 Year Old Texas Boy
Posted: Friday October 16, 2009 10:27 PM CT

The State of Texas issued the Amber Alert Friday (10-16) after the boy was reportedly abducted by the suspect in Denver City. Denver City is near the New Mexico-Texas state line, about 30 miles east of the New Mexico town of Lovington. The child's mother was found murdered at the child's home and the suspect is wanted in connection with the murder

http://www.codeamber.com/romerotx/

Not good. I hope Mitchell is found safe!!! Odd that he is not on the NCMEC AMBER Alert page or AmberAlert.com. Is this just a local Alert?

My DBF called me because he heard it on the radio on his way home....I didn't see it @ beyondmissing or codeamber ...took a couple hours to show up @ beyondmissing & I just got the tweet from codeamber!

Dunno why those sites are slow to update. :(

ETA: and Denver City is close to NM border -- so this s/b a national alert, wouldn't ya think?

We recieved a scroll alert across the TV almost 3 hours ago on this and it gave absolutely no information.:furious: It simply stated a Civil Authority had issued Child abduction alert in (gave specific counties)...that was it...nothing more and I haven't seen another thing on this abduction. I was so mad I emailed the station and told them It would be most helpful to those of us living in the areas mentioned to have a general idea of just what we should be looking for in connection with an apparent child abduction.:furious:

We recieved a scroll alert across the TV almost 3 hours ago on this and it gave absolutely no information.:furious: It simply stated a Civil Authority had issued Child abduction alert in (gave specific counties)...that was it...nothing more and I haven't seen another thing on this abduction. I was so mad I emailed the station and told them It would be most helpful to those of us living in the areas mentioned to have a general idea of just what we should be looking for in connection with an apparent child abduction.:furious:

And the suspect is considered dangerous!!

And the suspect is considered dangerous!!

Well he's supposedly headed this direction so at least now I know what to look for. Out of 4 media outlets that cover this area only one ran the alert and their running it was pointless because it provided no information. So three hours later 1 citizen in the area (me because I'm a sleuth) knows what to look for. How irresponsible of the local media outlets...the life of this baby boy depended on them and they failed him miserably.

Well he's supposedly headed this direction so at least now I know what to look for. Out of 4 media outlets that cover this area only one ran the alert and their running it was pointless because it provided no information. So three hours later 1 citizen in the area (me because I'm a sleuth) knows what to look for. How irresponsible of the local media outlets...the life of this baby boy depended on them and they failed him miserably.

I signed up for tweets from TX DPS Public Inf. Office (TXDPS_PIO)

If you're in NM this might be a good one to follow...now that I think of it, I'm gonna see if I can find NM hwy patrol on twitter.

Denver City man, child sought

Denver City police searched for a 3-year-old boy and his father, a man they're calling a person of interest in the death of the boy's mother.

The Texas Department of Public Safety issued an Amber Alert for Mitchell Romero, a 3-year-old Hispanic male with black hair, after Denver City police discovered him missing Thursday from the home where his mother was found dead.

Vernonica Esquivel Romero, 29, of Denver City was found dead about 6 p.m. Thursday in her home in the 200 block of E. 10th Street in Denver City.

Police suspected her husband, Mario Molina Romero, was en route to Mexico with the couple's son.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/101709/loc_505706594.shtml

--------------------

Maybe I'm just a grammar-freak, but why is this all written in past tense?

I'm wondering why the Amber Alert didn't go out until Friday evening when Mitchell was discovered missing on Thursday?

His mom was murdered -- where did they think he was before they issued the alert???

I was wondering the same. It may be that LE didn't realize that they had a child? Maybe it wasn't until they were notifying Mitchell's mother's family of her death that, they asked about her son? And then they realized that he was missing. I don't know. It could also be that they were just extremely slow.

still no updated news on little Mitchell...I sure hope he's OK.

Texas DPS still tweeting the Amber Alert for Mitchell.

I hope there's peeps watching for that maroon Yukon!

Neighbors React to Denver City Murder

For some residents who live in Denver City, hearing about a woman being killed and an Amber Alert for her missing child came as a shock.

[snip]

"He's still missing. As far as we know he's with his father. We did get some information. I'd say about 15 to 20 calls and we're moving with that right now," Lt. Charles Higgs with the Denver City Police Department, said.

While officials are not releasing any details on how Veronica was killed, those living in the neighborhood are still surprised at what happened.

"She didn't seem like she was in a troubled marriage. I'm still shocked and upset about it. I just hope they find the boy and return him safely," Tenorio said.

More: http://www.newschannel10.com/Global/story.asp?S=11332924

Nothing so far today on Mitchell's whereabouts.

I hope angels are guarding him & keeping him safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back