Mark Fuhrman ???

Leila

Reaction score
Most of us here who followed this case from early on will remember that when Greta Van Susteran was covering the Anthony case every night on her program, she had Mark Fuhrman and her producer there in Orlando on the scene reporting on the day's happenings. It was Mark Fuhrman who was the first to report that Casey borrowed a shovel from a neighbor on June 18, 2008, and later he was the first to report that there was a fight between CA and KC on the evening of June 15, 2008. He reported a neighbor overheard frequent loud arguments.

Tonight on Shawn Hannity's program, Mark Fuhrman was the guest, discussing his new book, Criminal Business. Mark gave the statistics of how many people, children and adults, go missing every year, and then spoke of how some cases capture the public's attention and the media will focus on that case. He mentioned Laci Peterson and other prominent cases.

Then Shawn asked about the Caylee Anthony case, and they started to discuss the case in generalities. Shawn asked Mark if the local law enforcement ever calls on him for his expertise. Mark replied he does sometimes work with the local police, but that he often does his own investigation and if he finds something he thinks is important to the case he will make sure that the local LE agency is made aware of his find.

He said this happened in the Caylee Anthony case..........he found something of importance and turned it over to the local investigation. Shawn asked what specifically Mark found in the Caylee Anthony case, and Mark replied that the information is confidential until the case goes to trial, and said he gave his word that he wouldn't reveal what he found.

Just the way Mark responded gave me the impression that Mark found something pivotal to the case that hasn't been revealed by the prosecution.

I'm trying to think back to those first few weeks after July 15, 2008, and Mark Fuhrman's on-the-scene reporting. I remember that Mark was there prior to and during the time that Greta did her tour of the Anthony home. What was being discussed at that time and what was being revealed publicly?

What is it that Mark Fuhrman could have found? I have the feeling it could be a great importance!

Above and beyond any KC case specifics, it really was a great piece discussing how some of these cases get sucked into the insane media grinder and the damage it can do to the case. If you read between the lines you get the impression that MF is not real pleased with how alot of media outlets have treated a few of these high profile cases, with Caylee Anthony being very high on his list. You sense that he very greatly disproves of the approach taken by NG or this new 48 hours piece. Really a pretty good watch.

Above and beyond any KC case specifics, it really was a great piece discussing how some of these cases get sucked into the insane media grinder and the damage it can do to the case. If you read between the lines you get the impression that MF is not real pleased with how alot of media outlets have treated a few of these high profile cases, with Caylee Anthony being very high on his list. You sense that he very greatly disproves of the approach taken by NG or this new 48 hours piece. Really a pretty good watch.

I found Mark Fuhrman's comments very interesting, and yes he did speak of the media focus on certain high-profile cases to the exclusion of others, with the Anthony case on the top of the list. I was impressed with the interview and am interested in his new book.

I was really intrigued by what it is that Mark discovered in those early weeks that he turned over to LE. I know it wasn't the shovel or the facts surrounding the fight between CA and KC on June 15, 2008, because those have been out there in the public arena for some time. What Mark found won't be revealed until trial. this could be one of those pieces of the puzzle that the prosecution has and is not revealing publicly until necessary.

I wonder how Mark Fuhrman's credibility is these days. I remember him in the first OJ Simpson trial. IIRC, his behavior did not make him shine during that trial. Has he turned over a new leaf?

I wonder how Mark Fuhrman's credibility is these days. I remember him in the first OJ Simpson trial. IIRC, his behavior did not make him shine during that trial. Has he turned over a new leaf?

Mark Fuhrman has become well-respected in the law enforcement community. Some years ago he tackled a cold case in Greenwich, Connecticut - the 1975 unsolved murder of 14-year-old Martha Moxley. Evidence he uncovered resulted in the arrest and the eventual conviction (2002) of Michael Skakel, nephew of Ethel Kennedy, widow of Senator, Robert F. Kennedy.

He's also written several other books on criminal investigation, including one on the O.J. Simpson trial (Murder in Brentwood) and one on the assassination of JFK.

Mark Fuhrman is currently a guest commentator on Fox News whenever there's a high profile crime such as this case.

This is interesting, but (unless I've missed something) he's been very very quiet about this case all year. Last year he did a good bit of reporting on it, but as far as I know this year - nothing.

Wonder what it is?

Tonight on Shawn Hannity's program, Mark Fuhrman was the guest, discussing his new book, Criminal Business. Mark gave the statistics of how many people, children and adults, go missing every year, and then spoke of how some cases capture the public's attention and the media will focus on that case. He mentioned Laci Peterson and other prominent cases.
*snipped*

Terrific set-up post, Leila (of course).

• Here's the Fuhrman interview on Hannity: (link)
  • Here's one of the first Fuhrman reports on Greta 8/6/08 where Mark divulged the date of the shovel being borrowed and the flurry of calls..."tightening up the timeline" and the CSI visit that day: (link)
  • Report on the dryer sheets and garbage bag handle colors, etc. 1/27/09: (link)
  • I recall Mark making the report commenting that the case might swing on the presence/absence of ham and cheese (e.g. the proverbial "ham sandwich") in the trunk presumably related to the contents inside the blue-handled white trash bag recovered from Johnson's Tow Yard dumpster that Simon tossed in from the trunk of the Pontiac 1/28/09 : (link)
  • Mark also did a report 1/30/09 walking through the disposal site that seemed quite odd. He drove from the Anthony's house to the site to show how close they are (but then they cut/edit it losing the impact of the piece IMHO). Markk also shows the Amscot location where the Pontiac was left: (link)
  • If interested you can do a search using "Fuhrman" on the FoxNews Video page (link) and you find most of the Caylee case reports he did. I didn't dig through them all, but, there are more there FYI.
HTH

Personal behavior was idiotic. But, apparently he's a first-rate detective. The books that I've read, of his, are worth reading.

Also, he's not really a racist. Even the guys he busted say he isn't. He was pillow-talking, apparently.

He is, however, a bit if a sexist, or so I've read.

I found Mark Fuhrman's comments very interesting, and yes he did speak of the media focus on certain high-profile cases to the exclusion of others, with the Anthony case on the top of the list. I was impressed with the interview and am interested in his new book.

I was really intrigued by what it is that Mark discovered in those early weeks that he turned over to LE. I know it wasn't the shovel or the facts surrounding the fight between CA and KC on June 15, 2008, because those have been out there in the public arena for some time. What Mark found won't be revealed until trial. this could be one of those pieces of the puzzle that the prosecution has and is not revealing publicly until necessary.

The information he discovered may be something we already know. Chances are it is something he gleaned from comparing already known points of information. But he takes his obligation to LE serriously. So he will not discuss any of his conversations with them or anything that he has given them until after trial. He feels it is LE's place to determine how to best use any such info, not his. It is professional ethics in play, not some big secret we have not heard yet.

The first chapter of his new book is up on Amazon to read- I was anxious to see it- but hmmm - take a look at the Caylee Anthony pages and you will be a bit disappointed at the factual errors he makes.

The glaring statement I remember Mark making last year, which is in a Supplemental report of one of the first Doc dumps, was that Cindy told him of a fight she and KC had on the night of the 15th, and asked him if he thought Caylee was dead.

This is interesting, but (unless I've missed something) he's been very very quiet about this case all year. Last year he did a good bit of reporting on it, but as far as I know this year - nothing.

Wonder what it is?

My interest was immediately peaked by the way he responded to Sean Hannity's question about what he found. It was Mark's reply that makes me think the prosecution may have something not yet revealed that could be pivotal.

*snipped*

Terrific set-up post, Leila (of course).

• Here's the Fuhrman interview on Hannity: (link)
  • Here's one of the first Fuhrman reports on Greta 8/6/08 where Mark divulged the date of the shovel being borrowed and the flurry of calls..."tightening up the timeline" and the CSI visit that day: (link)
  • Report on the dryer sheets and garbage bag handle colors, etc. 1/27/09: (link)
  • I recall Mark making the report commenting that the case might swing on the presence/absence of ham and cheese (e.g. the proverbial "ham sandwich") in the trunk presumably related to the contents inside the blue-handled white trash bag recovered from Johnson's Tow Yard dumpster that Simon tossed in from the trunk of the Pontiac 1/28/09 : (link)
  • Mark also did a report 1/30/09 walking through the disposal site that seemed quite odd. He drove from the Anthony's house to the site to show how close they are (but then they cut/edit it losing the impact of the piece IMHO). Markk also shows the Amscot location where the Pontiac was left: (link)
  • If interested you can do a search using "Fuhrman" on the FoxNews Video page (link) and you find most of the Caylee case reports he did. I didn't dig through them all, but, there are more there FYI.
HTH

BJB............Thanks for all the links! Now, perhaps if we check out each link we might pick up a clue as to what Mark was checking into.

Personal behaviors was idiotic. But, apparently he's a first-rate detective. The books that I've read, of his, are worth reading.

Also, he's not really a racist. Even the guys he busted say he isn't. He was pillow-talking, apparently.

He is, however, a bit if a sexist, or so I've read.

Yes, he is a first rate detective, and well-respected by law enforcement. After reading a couple of his books, I think MF is more of an old-fashioned detective who doggedly pursues all the little details, an builds a case from there.

I too have heard he's a sexist. :)

The information he discovered may be something we already know. Chances are it is something he gleaned from comparing already known points of information. But he takes his obligation to LE serriously. So he will not discuss any of his conversations with them or anything that he has given them until after trial. He feels it is LE's place to determine how to best use any such info, not his. It is professional ethics in play, not some big secret we have not heard yet.

You may well be right that it's something we already know and he's withholding discussing it until after trial.

I'm hoping that when it comes to the trial, Fox News will have Mark on as a commentator on the trial.

The glaring statement I remember Mark making last year, which is in a Supplemental report of one of the first Doc dumps, was that Cindy told him of a fight she and KC had on the night of the 15th, and asked him if he thought Caylee was dead.

I remember that..............Mark knew and was the first to report about the June 15th fight.

That was just the defense making hay out of anything they could to set their guy free. That he is haunted by it to this day is a grim testament to the inappropriate lengths some defense lawyers will go to in order to free a guilty man.

Respectfully Snipped:

What Mark found won't be revealed until trial. this could be one of those pieces of the puzzle that the prosecution has and is not revealing publicly until necessary.

I really hope so. In fact, I really believe that LE has QUITE A FEW of those that will make our heads spin when the trial rolls around. Not just nails in the coffin, but I'm talking about "get the bulldozer out, dig the grave and pour cement on the coffin". They have really flown so far under the radar and been so exemplary in the manner in which they've handled this case and the criticism of them by the defense (Anthonys included) -- you know they are gonna hit us hard with the BAM! --here's the evidence against KC.

I personally can't wait. :woohoo:

Great thread!

I didn't realize Mark Fuhrman had a new book out this month until I checked out the links here. I just downloaded it to my Kindle. Fuhrman's new book supposedly includes information about the Trenton Duckett case. Can't wait to get my Saturday chores out of the way so I can read.

The OJ trail was lost because of possible LE planting of evidence and evidnece not handled correctly, etc, etc.. The ends does not justify the means.

Which is why when I hear his name, in relation to finding evidence.. I feel the same way as I do about Dr. Lee.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back