1124 users online (205 members and 919 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What were you doing between 11 PM and 1 AM?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sleeping or at least in bed

16 59.26%
  • On the road, or in the air

0 0%
  • Engaged in an argument, or having a fruit snack

1 3.70%
  • None of the above

10 37.04%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What were you doing?

What were you doing the night of Dec 25-26, 1996 between 11 PM and 1 AM?

It's obviously that most will vote "sleeping&in bed"...what are you suggesting.,.....that the intruder assumed the R's were sleeping just like most people would after a nice x-mas night?
    The rice is already cooked...

I was doing the usual for that time...drinking wine at my parents and hanging out drinking wine.

What were you doing?

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    I think I was baking some chocolate chip cookies and sipping a little wino while watching reruns of Saturday night live. The kids were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads (that's just an assumption on my part). Hubby was stoking the fire and we were listening to Bing Crosby's White Christmas on the radio.

Actually, beyond me as to what I was doing - probably sleeping.
    Last edited by poco; 10-17-2009 at 06:05 AM.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

what I was doing at that time was spending a peaceful holiday in London (with my parents), a VERY different act from what the Ramseys were doing AT THAT TIME ....
    "To do is to be"-Nietzsche
    "To be is to do"-Kant
    "Do be do do be do"- Sinatra
    Only your song matters in the end..

Think I spent that evening with some friends.
    The rice is already cooked...

I think GMT is 8 hours ahead of Mountain Time so I was just arriving at work in a total sulk because everybody else (well, all my friends in the office) was still on holiday. Spent most of the day e mailing people as there was obviously no work to do, it being Christmas week. I do remember eating bubble and squeak soup when the story came up on the Internet.

ETA: Ooh, and a really hot partner on whom I had a monumental crush gave me a slice of his girlfriend's Christmas cake.

Had it been the middle of the night here, I'd have probably been asleep since I was a single person with few cares in the world. Had I been a parent with little ones needing care and attention, as I am now, and if I had a million plans for the next few days, I think I would hope to be asleep but would certainly not depend on it. Certainly, in taking melatonin, John was not depending on getting a good night's sleep without help...
    Last edited by Sophie; 10-17-2009 at 12:08 PM.

I think we see what you are getting at,but remember the pineapple had been eaten 2 hrs earlier.9 pm isn't too unusual for a bedtime snack,esp.if she hadn't eaten much at the White's (face it,most kids don't like new dishes,esp ones such as cracked crab).neither is getting up around 12am,give or take a little on each side of that time,for JB's usual midnight potty run.(but oops,the one night Patsy claimed she didn't do it,how convenient,no?)
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

Holdon,since you're IDI,then how about another poll??you do believe in being fair to Mr (ghostly)intruder,right?this time it reads as follows:

what would you be more likely to be doing from 11pm-1am?

a. arguing
    b. breaking into a stranger's house and kidnapping,head bashing and garroting a small child
    c.having a fruit snack
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hold,arguing with whom? because that could imply Patsy John or Burke arguing as well.
    reminds me of the RN,whereas the author states 'so don't think that killing will be difficult..' (killing whom?)
    something to ponder:

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I think GMT is 8 hours ahead of Mountain Time so I was just arriving at work in a total sulk because everybody else (well, all my friends in the office) was still on holiday. Spent most of the day e mailing people as there was obviously no work to do, it being Christmas week. I do remember eating bubble and squeak soup when the story came up on the Internet.

ETA: Ooh, and a really hot partner on whom I had a monumental crush gave me a slice of his girlfriend's Christmas cake.

Had it been the middle of the night here, I'd have probably been asleep since I was a single person with few cares in the world. Had I been a parent with little ones needing care and attention, as I am now, and if I had a million plans for the next few days, I think I would hope to be asleep but would certainly not depend on it. Certainly, in taking melatonin, John was not depending on getting a good night's sleep without help...
    Thank you for your response, and sorry but I should've added 'your local time'. I was looking for what you were doing 11PM to 1 AM 'your' time.

I was eating pineapple
    I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    I was still cleaning up after cooking a 4-course Christmas dinner for my family. It takes me that long to clean up because my pain-in-the a$$ in-laws sit and talk around my beautiful fireplace instead of helping me. It takes a great deal of control not to just fling those S'mores right at my sister-in-laws fat face while she sits there and polishes her nails instead of helping me clean up.

That, and eating pineapple with Chrishope.

Thanks for asking.
    Last edited by DeeDee249; 10-17-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    Thank you for your response, and sorry but I should've added 'your local time'. I was looking for what you were doing 11PM to 1 AM 'your' time.

Actually HOTYH, I was being a dozey moo and misread the question and poll. Sorry

Anyway, at that time on that day 'our time,' I was certainly in bed but having only a sporadic sleep since the guy I was living with at the time was an insomniac and kept waking me up turning the pages of - wait for it - 'American Psycho.' So probably sleep interspersed with arguments

It is actually amazing how clearly you remember this stuff as soon as one thing jogs your memory....

Certainly, you would expect a great many people to be asleep at that time but you couldn't, of course, know how heavily they slept or whether all the inhabitants would be asleep...

Is this what you are getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    I was still cleaning up after cooking a 4-course Christmas dinner for my family. It takes me that long to clean up because my pain-in-the a$$ in-laws sit and talk around my beautiful fireplace instead of helping me. It takes a great deal of control not to just fling those S'mores right at my sister-in-laws fat face while she sits there and polishes her nails instead of helping me clean up.

That, and eating pineapple with Chrishope.

Thanks for asking.

Stoppit DeeDee: my glass of Chardonnay nearly ended up on my keyboard there You have an amazing gift for humorous narrative!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast