1144 users online (239 members and 905 guests)  

Websleuths News

Neighbors Thought Dead Man Was Halloween Display

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,568040,00.html

LOS ANGELES — Residents of a Southern California apartment complex say they saw a lifeless body slumped on a neighbor's patio, but didn't call police because they thought it was part of a Halloween display.

Mostafa Mahmoud Zayed had apparently been dead since Monday.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

This is so sad and disturbing. Down the street from my mother's house, a neighbor has put a "body" across their sidewalk, covered in a bloody sheet. They have crime tape draped around the edges of the yard. Personally, I feel some people take Halloween overboard, and I'm not surprised these people were confused.

I think both of the previous posts show the extent to which our society has become desensitized toward violence and crime. In the first, a prime example of how we no longer "see" the violence and/or death going on around us. The second, a reminder that violence has become nothing more than entertainment.

No one should be living in a society where a dead man is mistaken for a Halloween prop OR that a 'body' is used as one.

And people wonder why our young people are the way that they are..........

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

Post Neighbors thought body on patio for days was Halloween display

Associated Press

Posted: 10/17/2009 10:46:49 AM PDT
    Updated: 10/17/2009 10:46:51 AM PDT

Residents of a Marina del Rey apartment complex say they saw a lifeless body slumped on a neighbor's patio, but didn't call police because they thought it was part of a Halloween display.
    Mostafa Mahmoud Zayed had apparently been dead since Monday.
    Cameraman Austin Raishbrook, owner of RMG News, told the Los Angeles Times he was at the scene Thursday when authorities arrived. The 75-year-old man was slumped over a chair on the third-floor balcony of his apartment with a single gunshot wound to the eye. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/weird-news/ci_13584624
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

That is so sad. I remember something like this a few years ago-I think the man hung himself and people thought he was a Halloween decoration.

Wasn't there a situation a few years ago in which a man hanged himself from a tree in his yard and everyone thought it was a Halloween decoration? I think he was up there for a week or so.
    Yes I agree we've been desensitized as a society to some things. And I don't think we're the better for it.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

If it helps, I would have called.
    I am not desensitized to death or the possibility of it showing up in day to day life.
    I'm so overly sensitized that I check old car seats that people leave in store parking lots. Just to make sure they didn't leave the baby too.

For some reason, this sickens me more than is reasonable.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Fake Halloween hangings gone horribly wrong; http://snopes.com/horrors/freakish/hanging.asp