Discrepancies in the Depositions Between Anthony Family Members

Jolynna

Reaction score
I just started reading Cindy's deposition part 1, but already there are contradictions between her testimony and George's.

George says Cindy had breakfast with Caylee on June 16. Cindy said she didn't see Caylee on June 16 and that the last day she saw Caylee was June 15.

George said that besides the financial problems, problems with KC also led to the marital separation. Cindy said no, that financial problems were the ONLY reason for the separation.

I'm guessing as I read there will be more and that others will find contradictions I miss.

George said Caylee wasn't using complete sentences and that Caylee never talked about what she did. Cindy said Caylee not only used sentences but that Caylee put together complete paragraphs. Cindy said Caylee even put together whole stories.

Why do I think this is going to turn out to be a VERY long thread?

(sorry, just couldn't resist)

George says he didn't put the piece of tape on the gas can after getting it back from LE.. Cindy says he did, and that George told her he did. (found in missing 100 CA depo pages)

KC's non-graduation - they found out:

1.) the day of graduation
2.) 2 days before graduation
3.) about a week before graduation

Pretty sure it was LA who said "about a week before...". I noted the discrepancies, but my brain is mush about who (GA/CA) committed to #'s 1 & 2.

This one is hard for me because the contradictions make my head spin and then I can't remember who said what! Allow me to start one here, but I may need someone's help with the details.

When they found out KC was pregnant with Caylee.

None of them had the same story here.

This one is hard for me because the contradictions make my head spin and then I can't remember who said what! Allow me to start one here, but I may need someone's help with the details.

When they found out KC was pregnant with Caylee.

None of them had the same story here.

i'm not much help here, but this is what i do remember -
LA noticed early on that his sister had a belly bulge, but no one wanted to talk about it and he decided it wasn't any of his business to bring it up. According to CA's testimony, the first OB visit was the week after Rick's wedding. (she was about 7mos then?). Haven't read all of GA's yet.

i'm not much help here, but this is what i do remember -
LA noticed early on that his sister had a belly bulge, but no one wanted to talk about it and he decided it wasn't any of his business to bring it up. According to CA's testimony, the first OB visit was the week after Rick's wedding. (she was about 7mos then?). Haven't read all of GA's yet.

Thank you! :blowkiss:

I know what GA said. He said they found out when she was 5 months and they were very happy about the news.

Cindy says she was searching for Chlorophyll.
IIRC the Google search that was done asked Google How to make Chloroform.
so what was she asking- How to make Chlorophyll ? She says she searched for the effects on dogs..... :innocent:

I would find the differences more suspect if they all remembered the exact same thing.

Lee- NO
George- I don't know, it was between them
Cindy- YES

I just started reading Cindy's deposition part 1, but already there are contradictions between her testimony and George's.

George says Cindy had breakfast with Caylee on June 16. Cindy said she didn't see Caylee on June 16 and that the last day she saw Caylee was June 15.

George said that besides the financial problems, problems with KC also led to the marital separation. Cindy said no, that financial problems were the ONLY reason for the separation.

I'm guessing as I read there will be more and that others will find contradictions I miss.

During one of the last tv morning shows (where they were holding the Caylee Bear) George said he made Caylee breakfast the last morning, put her into her car seat.

How about self contradictions? George saying he and Cindy discuss 99% of what is going on yet when asked about even significant events he says no she never told him about it.

Poor old George, he is left out of the loop on most things in this family isn't he?
Part of me occasionally sympathizes with his dilemma.
He is just a bystander in that house most of the time.

One of the disturbing pieces for me isn't the inconsistencies in these depositions when compared together, it's the comparison with the information today vs that which they gave and how they gave it, individually, to the FBI and OCSO back when. Read/watch those interviews, and then read these recent ones. Of course the questioning will be different in a sense for a deposition, but there appears to me to definitely be a shift to "only answering what is asked", rather than a free offering of information with the understanding, nonetheless, that anything you say that you haven't said before is covered under immunity from prosecution.

They are all, as they have for most of Casey's life, trying to cover for their daughter/sister's lies to the point of both the grandmother and brother inferring that Casey "speaks in riddles" or intentionally writes in a manner where the meaning is left to the perception of the reader. What?!?!?! Most of the time in my experience, a lie is just a lie, and the person uttering the lie is just liar, not some poor misunderstood victim. Of course the response from the family and other supporters would be "you don't know her" to that, however it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see common sense.

The other more uncomfortable aspect for me is that instead of accepting that the remains found are their granddaughter/niece, all of them profess not to believe it, even though the grandmother contradicts that latter statement early on by referring to "when Caylee's remains were found." IMO, lack of familiarity with the truth is not just the accused's condition, it's apparently viral to other members of the family.

What I hope is that when forced to testify in court, prosecutors will not be so "easy" with the questions. Yes, that makes me sound callous and cruel for this family who has had the tragedy with their granddaughter they have. But you know what? If it was me, I'd want to know the truth. And if I'm hiding behind some fascade of hope that is an illusion, I'd expect someone would show me that. In the case of this family, numerous parties enabling that view for the family and supporting it are mostly to the benefit of one single person: the accused.

During one of the last tv morning shows (where they were holding the Caylee Bear) George said he made Caylee breakfast the last morning, put her into her car seat.

But during his depo he states that he didn't put Caylee in the car seat, but only held the door open for them.

Cindy claimed her dogs puked a lot . George said they never puke.

Lee claims Casey stole one check from him and minimizes it as not that big of a deal..didn't pay him back.
Lee-Pg 40

Cindy says Casey stole a check from him on a few occasions, but paid him back.
Cindy- Part I page 110

lets try and do as much list only as possible. this can be an extremely useful topic during trial, but if we have to wade through a lot of chit chat,discussion and opinion it will be very tough to use.
So let's get away from commentary and try and keep this as reference. Feel free to expand on other's posts or have necessary discussion, but please keep opinion off the thread. By opinion I am more referring to your feelings ore reactions to the the inconsistencies. If you want to draw some basic conclusions which are opinions, that is fine, but again the goal would be to keep this as a good reference thread to look for facts during the trial.

Cindy says she was searching for Chlorophyll.
IIRC the Google search that was done asked Google How to make Chloroform.
so what was she asking- How to make Chlorophyll ? She says she searched for the effects on dogs..... :innocent:

And I'm wondering about the time of this search. Was she at work?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back