974 users online (133 members and 841 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: If an R confessed, would you accept

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

81 89.01%
  • No

10 10.99%

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Poll: If an R confessed, would you accept it?

Polls are all the rage around here, so here's my contribution. A while back, HOTYH actually asked me the title question, but we never expanded on it. Here's a chance for us to do that.

But there's a twist: regardless of your answer, I'd like to know your reasons.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

I guess it depends what made her/him confess.

Let's say PR left a note(confession) before dying which will be made public one day....dunno if I'd buy that.......maybe it was written to protect JR if charged.

If JR would confess while being grilled by LE........yeah.
    Last edited by madeleine; 10-18-2009 at 04:07 AM.
    Ramsey case: "Instead of being the DNA of one person, they have instead created a composite of someone who does not exist. "

I would have to agree if it was a confession from PR in a letter, I don't know cause then I will sit here and wonder if JR was covering from himself cause he as distance himself from this case....Cause no matter how I answer this, I see both them guilty...
    Knowledge of time is precious.Wisdom of truth is more precious than time..Opinions I write are mine..

well- thats a sticky one SD....what if John confesses that Patsy was the one who killed JB.How would we know if he's telling the truth, with her being dead ? what if he's covering for himself...
    But, if he confesses that HE HIMSELF did it, or Burke confesses that he himself (or either one of the parents did it) , then thats a different story...
    "To do is to be"-Nietzsche
    "To be is to do"-Kant
    "Do be do do be do"- Sinatra
    Only your song matters in the end..

yeah sd you have to add a "depends" choice.

This is a really hard question, Dave. My first thought was 'yes' but then I got to thinking about other issues. Will have to think about this..

IA with the others,would depend on the circumstances,seeing as JR is the only parent of JB still alive and Patsy can no longer speak up.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    I doubt Patsy will be the one - but one never knows nowadays with all this new technology.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

There is no statute of limitations for murder or attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit murder in the State of Colorado. This would make any confession highly unlikely. It also appears unlikely that JR has any sort of conscience that might compel him to confess, especially after this length of time.
    Burke may have a conscience, although love and loyalty to his father and the memory of his mother has trumped that so far and probably will continue to do so.
    The only scenario in which I could see a real confession would be after the death of JR – perhaps a death bed tell all by Burke. At that time I think we would all find it acceptable and genuine.
    Last edited by cynic; 10-18-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

When I say I would accept the confession, I am assuming the confessor is providing a plausible scenario of how it all went down that would explain everything.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    There is no statute of limitations for murder or attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit murder in the state of Colorado. This would make any confession highly unlikely. It also appears unlikely that JR has any sort of conscience that might compel him to confess, especially after this length of time.
    Burke may have a conscience, although love and loyalty to his father and the memory of his mother has trumped that so far and probably will continue to do so.
    The only scenario in which I could see a real confession would be after the death of JR – perhaps a death bed tell all by Burke. At that time I think we would all find it acceptable and genuine.
    I absolutely agree with all of this. I don't see JR confessing to this crime, guilty or not, and I also do not see BR coming forward with what he knows while his father is still alive. The only thing I'd see JR doing is putting the blame on Patsy. Either because she actually WAS the one who did it or because she'd dead and can't be prosecuted.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

I don't see Burke EVER saying ANYTHING.IMO he doesn't even remember much,his parents took care of it I am sure.
    Ramsey case: "Instead of being the DNA of one person, they have instead created a composite of someone who does not exist. "

Interesting though what JAR had to say when LE briefly questionned him those first few days. (ST's book)

I sure would.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    I sure would.
    so would I.

But if the DNA is linked to a pedophile serial killer?

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast