Poll: Will you buy Mark Furhman's New Book in which he identifies who killed JBR?

Does the Mark Fuhrman book mark the beginning of the new RDI revolution

• Yes

Votes: 85 59.9%
  • No

Votes: 57 40.1%

• Total voters

Sophie

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Business-Entertainment-Subverts-Justice/dp/1596985844/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255823768&sr=8-6#reader"]Amazon.com: The Murder Business: How the Media Turns Crime Into Entertainment and Subverts Justice (9781596985841): Mark Fuhrman: Books[/ame]

(To continue the poll trend)

LOl, me too DeeDee: just ordered it :D

I didn't know he'd written a book.I JUST LOVE HIM!! I consider him the God of crime-solving!! thanks for posting! :)

The book looks like a good one (based on what I could see at the Amazon link). If I see it in the bookstore, I think it's one I would buy.

No.
I don't think Mark Furhman is the end all and be all of solving crime.
Just because he writes about something does not make it true.

Must say, the OJ case largely passed me by for whatever reason so I had no idea of the controversy surrounding Mark Fuhrman.

No.
I don't think Mark Furhman is the end all and be all of solving crime.
Just because he writes about something does not make it true.

I totally agree with you.

1.Call me crazy,I know OJ is guilty but I am not sure the glove wasn't planted. My opinion.

2.I didn't like his views re maddy Mccann's parents guilt AT ALL.He said the mom's guilty only because she didn't give the "right" answer re some blood drops.

3.Of course every talking head will mention the JB case in his book.....because the JB case is high profile.....see how many folks already buy his book only because he mentions it.Sales.

I totally agree with you.

1.Call me crazy,I know OJ is guilty but I am not sure the glove wasn't planted. My opinion.

2.I didn't like his views re maddy Mccann's parents guilt AT ALL.He said the mom's guilty only because she didn't give the "right" answer re some blood drops.

3.Of course every talking head will mention the JB case in his book.....because the JB case is high profile.....see how many folks already buy his book only because he mentions it.Sales.

I bought the book only for the JBR stuff and because a pro-Ram on the Amazon site was so evangelical about not buying it (to the extent of accusing our SD of being Fuhrman!) but, having acted in haste, I'm repenting at leisure. Having undertaken to read about him, I find that the very best you can say about him is that he is a really horrid person. I expect there's more positive stuff somewhere which may temper this initial impression. I must say that I am surprised that ST consulted him..

Dunno Sophie,maybe he's a good talking head,I don't listen to him much.I didn't like him back when I followed the OJ trial......he was so arrogant and some things they said about him proved to be true.Not my type of man.That doesn't mean that everything he says is bs though.

our SD=Furhman? :D
Good one!Hey SD,did you or did you not plant that gloveeeeeeeeeeee?:D

our SD=Furhman? :D
Good one!Hey SD,did you or did you not plant that gloveeeeeeeeeeee?:D

I know, LOL! The thought of our lovely Dave being anyone in disguise let alone Mark Fuhrman....

I think you're right: he is probably right about some stuff. I think I might have waited 'til I could get it for 50p and a bag of toffees on Ebay rather than paying full price had I known what I have learnt since I bought it but I think I'd have probably read it anyway.

This isn't really to be discussed here, Madeleine, but since that forum has been pulled, did you know that the Portugese court banned that detective from publishing his book and saying that Maddy is dead?

I know, LOL! The thought of our lovely Dave being anyone in disguise let alone Mark Fuhrman....

I think you're right: he is probably right about some stuff. I think I might have waited 'til I could get it for 50p and a bag of toffees on Ebay rather than paying full price had I known what I have learnt since I bought it but I think I'd have probably read it anyway.

This isn't really to be discussed here, Madeleine, but since that forum has been pulled, did you know that the Portugese court banned that detective from publishing his book and saying that Maddy is dead?

Yep I heard and I totally agree.First of all,there is absolutely no evidence that she is dead,she might be alive somewhere,not likely but possible.people shouldn't stop looking until there's a dead body.I watched his documentary and I expected something huge (maybe something like ST's book),he has nothing,but nothing.He and his leaks(which were pure inventions) ruined everything,I even read some of the police files,there's just nothing there.I was a MccannDidIt.Not anymore.I was fooled by the port.LE.I really think she was taken by an intruder.Ok,enough ranting,it could get pretty long.:)

Hi Sophie.

Interesting that Furhman continues to suspect the Ramseys regardless of ML exhoneration of the Ramseys.

Does the Mark Fuhrman book mark the beginning of the new RDI revolution?

In a way. Because if he can do it, I can do it (hint hint). I was talking this over with a very close friend. They said that it wouldn't work, that Fuhrman is well known, whereas I could not because I'm a nobody. I said, "have you ever read The Odyssey? After Odysseus was captured by the Cyclops, he told the monster that his name was "Nobody." So that after he stabbed its eye out and its friends asked who did it, all the Cyclops could say was "Nobody did it."

I bought the book only for the JBR stuff and because a pro-Ram on the Amazon site was so evangelical about not buying it (to the extent of accusing our SD of being Fuhrman!)

It's not the first time I've been accused of being somebody! If I had a nickel for every time someone thought I was Steve Thomas...

Yep I heard and I totally agree.First of all,there is absolutely no evidence that she is dead,she might be alive somewhere,not likely but possible.people shouldn't stop looking until there's a dead body.I watched his documentary and I expected something huge (maybe something like ST's book),he has nothing,but nothing.He and his leaks(which were pure inventions) ruined everything,I even read some of the police files,there's just nothing there.I was a MccannDidIt.Not anymore.I was fooled by the port.LE.I really think she was taken by an intruder.Ok,enough ranting,it could get pretty long.:)

Madeleine, the McCann case sort of passed me by a bit since I was really busy at the time so a lot of the finer detail eludes me. What I did gather, though, was that people were unable to separate the issue of the McCanns leaving the little ones unattended from the issue of the actual abduction. Equally, the fact that (at least early on) they got less criticism for leaving the kids alone than underclass parents from a sink estate in an inner city would have got seems to have made them automatically guilty in some people's eyes.

OTOH, I seem to recall spending a fair bit of time getting annoyed with posters on my usual English websites saying 'Well, look at the Ramseys: the parents didn't do it so the McCanns probably didn't do this.' :waitasec:

Hi Sophie.

Interesting that Furhman continues to suspect the Ramseys regardless of ML exhoneration of the Ramseys.

Fuhrman's a professional law enforcement agent, Tadpole. He sees that for what it is.

Does the Mark Fuhrman book mark the beginning of the new RDI revolution?

In a way. Because if he can do it, I can do it (hint hint). I was talking this over with a very close friend. They said that it wouldn't work, that Fuhrman is well known, whereas I could not because I'm a nobody. I said, "have you ever read The Odyssey? After Odysseus was captured by the Cyclops, he told the monster that his name was "Nobody." So that after he stabbed its eye out and its friends asked who did it, all the Cyclops could say was "Nobody did it."

It's not the first time I've been accused of being somebody! If I had a nickel for every time someone thought I was Steve Thomas...

YOUR BOOK WILL BE PUBLISHED Have no doubt about that.

I am not sure why that guy reacted quite so strongly to your post on Amazon or why, given his loathing of Fuhrman, he bought the book....
Having said that, I sort of weakly defended Fuhrman without actually knowing the first thing about the guy and had to temper my response slightly in view of the fact that he is unquestionably controversial...

Need to empty my PM box as it's full and I can't do outgoing but I will do so in a sec and be in touch.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back