not the easiest road she's traveled?

kbl8201

Former Member
Reaction score
from the 'giddy' article.
i find it an intresting comment.
she has had 3 roads so far;
may 3 1980, june 9th 1991.
with a family who loved her a mom who was a best friend, a stepfather who she initially rejected then came to love, and a baby sister she adored.
june 10th 1991-august 26th 2009
kidnap, torture, rape, impronment, no health care, giving birth in a shed or tent....twice. being her captors maid.
august 26th 2009-present
reunited with her family........finally has custody of her daughters outside the reign of her evil captor. a whole world loves and supports her. many good possibilites in her future. a long road of therapy and healing ahead, though.
i guess her first road wins first prize........but road 3 looks pretty good to me too :)

She is reunited with the family that she had to put her out of her mind to save her sanity. She is now the focal point of a nation, most of them loving and supportive, but also the inevitable questioning of her motives, why she didn't leave.
She has custody of her daughters, outside captivity, but also outside the limited safety of being invisible. She knows there are bad people in the world, and she has to deal with allowing her children, one of whom is the same age as she was when her life was stolen, to be exposed to this world, with all it's other monsters.
She has to relive it, all the things that she buried, that she forgot about, just to get by.
She has to break the emotional ties, which in a situation of total control and total dependence, will be as strong as breaking a parental connection.
She has to learn who she is when she isn't influenced.
She has to go to bed every night wondering if evil is contagious, if she's tainted.
She has to work through resocialization, a process that sucks.

And she has to come back from the brink.
Human beings are too complex and too intelligent to ever be stripped to our basal instincts. When that happens, coming back is almost a hard as the survival was. Jaycee was there, at one point in all this, she had to hit that point, and that's what leaves the scars.

This is not easy, and I thank God that the people around her can understand the complexities and pain that are going to come along with her salvation.

from the 'giddy' article.
i find it an intresting comment.
she has had 3 roads so far;
may 3 1980, june 9th 1991.
with a family who loved her a mom who was a best friend, a stepfather who she initially rejected then came to love, and a baby sister she adored.
june 10th 1991-august 26th 2009
kidnap, torture, rape, impronment, no health care, giving birth in a shed or tent....twice. being her captors maid.
august 26th 2009-present
reunited with her family........finally has custody of her daughters outside the reign of her evil captor. a whole world loves and supports her. many good possibilites in her future. a long road of therapy and healing ahead, though.
i guess her first road wins first prize........but road 3 looks pretty good to me too :)

HERE IS THE ARTICLE FOR REFERENCE;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6878619.ece

The first Road is the center of her core being. Which primed her courage and beauty.
the second road was a life experience sad and harsh.
the third road is about Miracles and taking the first two and shaping her own world.
Joan Curry, a family member, said: “Jaycee’s realistic. She knows this is not going to be the easiest road that she’s travelled, but she is very upbeat — giddy that she’s with her family.”

I think there will also be a forth road, one filled with only good feelings good fortune, happiness and more.

I can see the pure joy in Jaycees face, but I also see the pain in her eyes. No one should ever have to endure the horrible things she did. I am so grateful she has the capacity within to be "giddy!!"

Tahnk God she was able to come home after such a long time! Kbl, I agree, despite the trials that lay ahead road three looks pretty darn good!!

I can see the pure joy in Jaycees face, but I also see the pain in her eyes. No one should ever have to endure the horrible things she did. I am so grateful she has the capacity within to be "giddy!!"

Thank God she was able to come home after such a long time! Kbl, I agree, despite the trials that lay ahead road three looks pretty darn good!!

I still cry when I re-read some of the articles, even after having seen her joyous smile.
I love looking at her and Terry too.

Somehow deep inside I know that it is a euphoric joy and I hope it lasts for some time, at least through the Holidays.

BUT in all honesty some hard times are coming also...it will be deep and overwhelming sometimes. There are still so many emotions that will flood them. When they purge much of the old and replace with new - new possibilities actually sink in - Their smile of just realizing they are "FREE TO DREAM" will change that pain in their eyes to real happiness. - "On the other side of purging is freedom. :)"

There are still so many adventures and pleasantries they will encounter. A new way to socialize within the family; is different and nice for them to ease into their first winter in a cozy family, first holiday with a present that is new and not recycled. So many firsts are coming up for all of them.
That include Terry.
IMO not enough has been said about Terry. While I am sure she does not want any attention.
she has to be on a cloud, In the Magazine the picture of Terry & JC by the woods with autumn trees - Terry is on cloud 109. :) :) :)
She has her dream and probably will wake up for a long time every day and walk around asking is this real or is it a GREAT dream.

She is reunited with the family that she had to put her out of her mind to save her sanity. She is now the focal point of a nation, most of them loving and supportive, but also the inevitable questioning of her motives, why she didn't leave.
She has custody of her daughters, outside captivity, but also outside the limited safety of being invisible. She knows there are bad people in the world, and she has to deal with allowing her children, one of whom is the same age as she was when her life was stolen, to be exposed to this world, with all it's other monsters.
She has to relive it, all the things that she buried, that she forgot about, just to get by.
She has to break the emotional ties, which in a situation of total control and total dependence, will be as strong as breaking a parental connection.
She has to learn who she is when she isn't influenced.
She has to go to bed every night wondering if evil is contagious, if she's tainted.
She has to work through resocialization, a process that sucks.

And she has to come back from the brink.
Human beings are too complex and too intelligent to ever be stripped to our basal instincts. When that happens, coming back is almost a hard as the survival was. Jaycee was there, at one point in all this, she had to hit that point, and that's what leaves the scars.

This is not easy, and I thank God that the people around her can understand the complexities and pain that are going to come along with her salvation.

i only disagree with one thing you said.
i am of the opinion she didnt "block them out to save her sanity.' i feel she kept them in her mind, and her memories, to help her keep her sanity

Tahnk God she was able to come home after such a long time! Kbl, I agree, despite the trials that lay ahead road three looks pretty darn good!!

like i said in my message to her. when times are tough for her now, her family is there for her. and that can make all the diffrence. look what its done so far :)

I still cry when I re-read some of the articles, even after having seen her joyous smile.
I love looking at her and Terry too.

Somehow deep inside I know that it is a euphoric joy and I hope it lasts for some time, at least through the Holidays.

BUT in all honesty some hard times are coming also...it will be deep and overwhelming sometimes. There are still so many emotions that will flood them. When they purge much of the old and replace with new - new possibilities actually sink in - Their smile of just realizing they are "FREE TO DREAM" will change that pain in their eyes to real happiness. - "On the other side of purging is freedom. :)"

There are still so many adventures and pleasantries they will encounter. A new way to socialize within the family; is different and nice for them to ease into their first winter in a cozy family, first holiday with a present that is new and not recycled. So many firsts are coming up for all of them.
That include Terry.
IMO not enough has been said about Terry. While I am sure she does not want any attention.
she has to be on a cloud, In the Magazine the picture of Terry & JC by the woods with autumn trees - Terry is on cloud 109. :) :) :)
She has her dream and probably will wake up for a long time every day and walk around asking is this real or is it a GREAT dream.

oh now you have me tearing up again ;)
this might be your best post ever song............
"adventures' love the sound of that ;)

i only disagree with one thing you said.
i am of the opinion she didnt "block them out to save her sanity.' i feel she kept them in her mind, and her memories, to help her keep her sanity

I'll give you that one. It depends on the person. Some might block them out to keep the grief at a minimum. Some might cling to the memories so they don't lose them. It all depends on the person. I can make an informed guess, but nothing that I say here is said with any great certainty.

I'll give you that one. It depends on the person. Some might block them out to keep the grief at a minimum. Some might cling to the memories so they don't lose them. It all depends on the person. I can make an informed guess, but nothing that I say here is said with any great certainty.

i can say it with almost certianty. her being so glad to be reunited with her famly says it all to me. she didnt push them back to the far side of her memory. she always kept them close to her heart

i can say it with almost certianty. her being so glad to be reunited with her famly says it all to me. she didnt push them back to the far side of her memory. she always kept them close to her heart

A telling statement was when Jaycee talked about "unconditional love". I am sure that after so many years she felt some fear, shame and and nervousness about facing Terry, her Mother and best friend!!

She also probably didn't want to hurt her Mom with the facts of what had happend to her for all those years. I am so happy that she has a Mom that could radiate that unconditional love for Jaycee and her girls!! The healing balm of a Mothers love!!

A telling statement was when Jaycee talked about "unconditional love". I am sure that after so many years she felt some fear, shame and and nervousness about facing Terry, her Mother and best friend!!

She also probably didn't want to hurt her Mom with the facts of what had happend to her for all those years. I am so happy that she has a Mom that could radiate that unconditional love for Jaycee and her girls!! The healing balm of a Mothers love!!

After 18 years and no photographs or family to remind her, her memories of her past would have faded to the point of being not much more than fragments when she was found again. After all that time she probably thought there was a good chance that her family had forgotten about her and that she had become a stranger to them. That would have been her biggest fear and to find out that was far from the case, that her memory still burned bright in the minds of her family, must have had a very profound effect on her. That alone would have done more than anything else to heal her wounds. I think it was a special moment in her life, when she found out what the true meaning of family is and that she had come home to them.

After 18 years and no photographs or family to remind her, her memories of her past would have faded to the point of being not much more than fragments when she was found again. After all that time she probably thought there was a good chance that her family had forgotten about her and that she had become a stranger to them. That would have been her biggest fear and to find out that was far from the case, that her memory still burned bright in the minds of her family, must have had a very profound effect on her. That alone would have done more than anything else to heal her wounds. I think it was a special moment in her life, when she found out what the true meaning of family is and that she had come home to them.

i think in the harder, earlier years, her memories are the only things that kept her going

All we know is that the Human Spirit is amazing.
And that JC has more Courage then we can even imagine.
all we know is how she looks now, not what Terry saw at first.
all we know is that they are Euphoric now.
all we know is there is a future filled with possibilities for all of them.

What JC used to stay strong we do not know.
LIKE her step Dad Carl did say.
JC was a very good and easy child and that is what kept her alive. I believe Carl the second he said it. It rang real for me.
Yes JC must have had many hours of dreaming back there in the garden of her real family.
Even in just wondering where and how they are all doing or if and when they may find her.

think what jaycee feared most was that terry would reject her daughters. i wouldnt be surprised if garrido used that point to keep her from taking them and leaving

All we know is that the Human Spirit is amazing.
And that JC has more Courage then we can even imagine.
all we know is how she looks now, not what Terry saw at first.
all we know is that they are Euphoric now.
all we know is there is a future filled with possibilities for all of them.

What JC used to stay strong we do not know.
LIKE her step Dad Carl did say.
JC was a very good and easy child and that is what kept her alive. I believe Carl the second he said it. It rang real for me.
Yes JC must have had many hours of dreaming back there in the garden of her real family. Even in just wondering where and how they are doing or if and when they may find her.

and fear that garrido would hurt them if she didnt obey his azz a 100 percent :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmxclearance
Back