NY - Woman wants to lift protection order on boyfriend attacker

Columbo

Reaction score
Add the persuasiveness of a "repentant" abuser to hormones gone wild in a woman's brain and this is what happens. He's a state senator. Watch her be the next horrible statistic....I hope she won't be, of course, but these guys never seem to change.

snipped from article:

Karla Giraldo wants her man back.
Just days after her boyfriend, state Sen. Hiram Monserrate, was convicted of assaulting her, Giraldo told the Daily News she will ask a judge to lift the order of protection that has kept them apart for 10 months.
"I love him. We love each other and we want to be together again," the 30-year-old Giraldo said in an exclusive interview.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...ately_wants_to_be_together_with_monserra.html

A few DAYS later and she wants it lifted?? There is no way he's changed in a few days. I pray to God the judge doesn't lift the order..otherwise she'll be thrown right back into this terrible abuse cycle.

The one silver lining I can see in this is that she doesn't appear to have children, at least, so her stupidity is only harming herself - either that, or she wasted the court's time in the first place. Either way, :shakehead:

The one silver lining I can see in this is that she doesn't appear to have children, at least, so her stupidity is only harming herself - either that, or she wasted the court's time in the first place. Either way, :shakehead:

Good point, this is oh so true. But now you have got me worried --if she has a cat or dog, sometimes these creeps take it out on the pet.

A few DAYS later and she wants it lifted?? There is no way he's changed in a few days. I pray to God the judge doesn't lift the order..otherwise she'll be thrown right back into this terrible abuse cycle.

I wonder if he did contact her while the order was in place, to wheedle and whine his way back into her life? Or if he appeared so pathetic in court that she feels sorry for him now?

I wonder if he did contact her while the order was in place, to wheedle and whine his way back into her life? Or if he appeared so pathetic in court that she feels sorry for him now?

He had to have made contact with her as she changed her story almost immediately and the prosecutors tried to call her a hostile witness. Hiram makes me sick to my stomach and he is probably going to walk a free man with his government job still intact. Between him, Pedro Espada Jr and Charles Rangel, I am ashamed and embarrassed to have these criminals as a part of my state's government. What a pathetic joke.

His smiling face - after being convicted of one count - is certainly a turn-off for me.

This woman received 20 stitches, which isn't just a small cut. After reading her statements about detectives lying and doctors and nurses lying and blaming everyone but him, I have little sympathy for her.

The footage of him forcibly dragging her out of the apartment building only prove that this was no accident IMO. He is one smug piece of crap.

Unfortunately, people like him seek people like her. He would never do that to me or you because we would not have put up with it. He knows the type of woman he can do this to and can spot them in 5 seconds across a crowded room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back