GUILTY CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy Hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #2

thanks Q!!! I am just catching up after being at work all day.

Thanks, Suz. I almost did it myself, but I couldn't figure out if it should still be in "Up to the Minute" or not... I think I have only started threads in the crimes, jury and missing sections before.

(Don't forget to add tags as we go, please; I got us started on some of the initial dull ones. Yes, I know I am super cool. :propeller:)

If they're planning on nailing the mom too with charges, if I were the Mrs. I'd want my own atty if I could afford it. Altho I bet someone would do it for free just for the publicity.

If they're planning on nailing the mom too with charges, if I were the Mrs. I'd want my own atty if I could afford it. Altho I bet someone would do it for free just for the publicity.

Is David Lane doing this pro bono? Or is ACLU paying for him? (Sheriff said something about the possibility of ACLU representation.)

http://www.killmerlane.com/

I know there's probably an obvious answer but I'm not getting it this moment...by why is the ACLU respresenting them?? Because of their "alien" heritage? Have to make sure the alien rightism isn't violated???

I know there's probably an obvious answer but I'm not getting it this moment...by why is the ACLU respresenting them?? Because of their "alien" heritage? Have to make sure the alien rightism isn't violated???

There's also a growing prejudice against people who build large, high-voltage, held-together-by-duct-tape balloons in their backyards.

Just to clarify this (and I have no idea how it worked this time) in addition to staff, they have a reference program. Attorneys indicate interest and specialty areas, and they send out case histories. Then people volunteer or enter into appropriate compensation agreements. It doesn't mean that both people would end up with the same attorney. That's not possible in a number of circumstances.

With a case with these headlines. They can easily get someone to do it free.

Question.....Did the parents actually admit that it was a Hoax??

LE said that there's a Colorado laws that prohibits them from divulging certain aspects of the case, such as whether the Heenes took a lie detector test or confessed.

This is the absolute most ridiculous case I've ever heard, and what's even worse is I heard the hoax had apparently been planned for two weeks. These people need a mental evaluation.

The parents really sicken me. Before Falcon blows his parent's cover, they repeat, "didn't you hear us calling you?" and you can see the mom nodding her head vigorously at Falcon as the question is asked. She's cuing him on how to respond. After he makes his "you told me to do it" comment, his mom utters, "Nooo?" Like a kid saying "uh uh". Then, later, you can see Falcon is not sure whether he did the right thing so he climbs on dad's lap. Watch as dad then carefully but purposefully shoves Falcon off him. You can tell the dad's upset.
Even these kids, who have been brought up with no rules and a disrespect for authority, felt very uncomfortable with the whole thing. You can read it on the older two's faces. Children have an inherent sense of fairness and justice and I'm sure when they saw the ruckus caused by this stunt and the concern of LE, the media and neighbors, their inner radar told them what was happening was wrong. Yet, their role models continue to forge ahead with the hoax. What kind of twisted message is that?
What really creeps me out is how the children had to witness their mother crying and upset during the 911 call and then how the dad smothered Falcon with hugs and kisses and fake cried with "relief", all the while knowing their dad was faking. I can't imagine what message that sends. It's telling these kids that the ones in charge of them, their parents, are liars and cannot be trusted and that even their apparent concern for the welfare of their kids is false. (Well, I guess I can imagine what message it's sending!) I think these boys will likely feel very insecure with their parents from now on.
I truly do believe this is emotional abuse and neglect. They taught these kids to lie to the very people who they are supposed to go to for help. While the rest of the world's children are taught the boy who cried wolf story, these kids are taught the very opposite. And they are not old enough to rationalize, like we are, that their parents are wacko, narcissistic and immature. All they know is that they are mom and dad, the people the boys need to rely on to survive.
It's horrible and the ramifications are many - not viewing LE with respect and as an entity that you turn to for help and safety, not learning that telling tales can create dangerous situations if later, you really need help, but no one will believe you, and learning that the love of one's own family is not necessarily real.
Poor kids. I really hope there is some serious intervention here, with mandatory family counseling, individual counseling for the parents with a therapist who won't let them get away with it and parenting classes, at the least. I do think the family should be put in the juvenile dependency court system and be forced to go to court where the boys can listen as a judge reads their parents the riot act and explains to the boys that what their parents did was a very dangerous and bad mistake and that they are now getting help to learn to be better parents. What creeps those two are.

This is the absolute most ridiculous case I've ever heard, and what's even worse is I heard the hoax had apparently been planned for two weeks. These people need a mental evaluation.

If they did it to get media attention (as alleged) then it sure worked like a charm. Seems like they got all the attention they could have possibly wanted, and then some.

I'm not talking about the police relying on the father's lies about the relevant dimensions and weights. Reliance on the father's data is simply reliance on the father. I won't accuse them of proper anaylsis. Let's assume that there was no way to confirm his data until the thing landed.

I'm talking about the evaluation of that aircraft, its payload, volume, and flight pattern, which were on international television. This guy didn't even do the math!

Efforts have been made in the past to lift a person with helium. I'm saying the degree of falsehood here should have been easier to recognize, or at least suspect enough to withhold this matter for investigation before announcing that it was a "real event" and then making a U-turn because there was no way that the kid was in that device. The voices were out there saying that it was not possible. As it turns out, there was no way that balloon lifted the kid.

Hi ya Lilpony ;} Great to see you.

The sheriff said he could not give results of the LDT's or interviews, but then he said they did learn it was a hoax. I think what happened is the 3 kids were interviewed {he said they were} and their stories corrobarated [sp] each others, telling the tale it was a hoax. The sheriff said they had evidence it was a hoax. IMO

I'm not talking about the police relying on the father's lies about the relevant dimensions and weights. Reliance on the father's data is simply reliance on the father. I won't accuse them of proper anaylsis. Let's assume that there was no way to confirm his data until the thing landed.

I'm talking about the evaluation of that aircraft, its payload, volume, and flight pattern, which were on international television. This guy didn't even do the math!

Efforts have been made in the past to lift a person with helium. I'm saying the degree of falsehood here should have been easier to recognize, or at least suspect enough to withhold this matter for investigation before announcing that it was a "real event" and then making a U-turn because there was no way that the kid was in that device. The voices were out there saying that it was not possible. As it turns out, there was no way that balloon lifted the kid.

Sheriff said they contacted a professor with the parameters the father told them, and professor said it could lift the kid. Voices out there didn't even have the parameters to accurately calculate anything.
I don't see how sheriff should have just assumed the balloon couldn't lift the kid when the professor said it could based on the parameters given.

Hi ya Lilpony ;} Great to see you.

The sheriff said he could not give results of the LDT's or interviews, but then he said they did learn it was a hoax. I think what happened is the 3 kids were interviewed {he said they were} and their stories corrobarated [sp] each others, telling the tale it was a hoax. The sheriff said they had evidence it was a hoax. IMO

Hi Scandi....:)
Man, I sat there all day and watched this stupid balloon sail through the sky...lmao...these parents are something else...good grief...:loser:

Did any of you watch the first session with the Heene family?

I didn't and was just wondering for those of you who did see it...what were your impressions on the family dynamics??

I tried to get into the newest Wife Swap YouTubes today, but ABC was taking them down like dominoes! lol :waitasec: Wonder why? lol

I was not one who ever saw the fam in action on the first WSwap, but the bits and pieces I did get to see on the 2nd show..were absolutely appalling!

The Mommy and Daddy have taught their kids that being a potty mouth is totally acceptable, and in fact cool, ta boot, not to mention burping and farting.. I mean how low can you go here????!

Teaching them that it is AOK to lie to the Police....??? I'm soo hoping that this is only one in a million that dare would bring their children up with no moral or civic standards whatsoever? :waitasec:

If these were my next door neighbors and I heard this on a routine basis, I would take action of some kind! The Dad, I think we all agree is..is.......fill in the blank______________. Don't want a time out. The Mom is just OUT there, Party on, free spirit, look alive, jump the hoops, get Adventure going, see the sky, be a scientist, swear at whoever disagrees with you, and all that.

Those 3 boys are all going to need some serious counseling if this is what they think the normal childhood is all about. :shakehead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back