Daddy Chihuahua leads family to safety

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A daddy dog with a deformed leg led his family of nine to safety this week along the shoulder of a busy highway during rush-hour traffic, officials said.

His destination: Animal Care Services.

From the shoulder of a bustling Texas 151, the patriarch of the family led an older female dog and seven puppies down a grassy slope and to the gate of ACS, located along the frontage road of the highway.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/pets/Chihuahuas_come_to_ACS.html

Wow, how cool. That doggy shows more concern for his kids than my ex.

YAY!

this is why I like animals better than humans

(-;

JMO

The picture of "daddy" is so precious! I just pray there is someone who will adopt all of them! :praying:

The picture of "daddy" is so precious! I just pray there is someone who will adopt all of them! :praying:
I have a friend who would, but she's in California with 3 already.

Bless his little heart of gold..:) Dogs are the best!

They are so cute. I would take them all if I could.

What a smart daddy these little guys had. Mom knew how to pick'em huh. Thank you for this story. I love ones like this.

Aw! How sweet! After reading about Somer and worrying about her, it was nice to have this bring a smile to my face!

What a CHEEWAWA!!!!!! Makes my heart swell with pride:twocents:

You know, I think that daddy dog knew his family would receive care at ACS. I believe truly that animals have a sense about this kind of thing.

I once lived in a house with a swimming pool. It was morning, and a mockingbird started tapping on the window glass in the breakfast room, insistent tapping so I got up to see what was going on. One of her babies had fallen in the pool. It was still alive when I got it out & placed it in the sun to dry out. Now how did that bird know to tap on the glass to seek my help? I'll never know, but she must have thought it out.

I have a friend who would, but she's in California with 3 already.
I know someone too like your friend ~ she also has 3 already and where she lives only supposed to have one!

I know someone too like your friend ~ she also has 3 already and where she lives only supposed to have one!
She was the first one to rush out and own a copy of "Beverly Hills Chihuahua"!
Ay Chihuahua!

Someone needs to adopt the whole fam damily. Nice story but in all likelihood, they smelled the other dogs and the food and headed in that direction. 2 of my monsters got out of the yard and ended up a few miles away - they walked into a vet's kennel to visit all the other dogs.

Oh, I would love those babies! I am too far away though and I have 6 dogs. But they do deserve a great home with lots of love.

What a smart daddy these little guys had. Mom knew how to pick'em huh. Thank you for this story. I love ones like this.

Very smart and lucky daddy and family. I work a few blocks from that area and it is an extremely busy road.

I'd take them all if I could. I have a 12 y.o. terrier mix, a 4 y.o. chihuahua and a 8 month old golden retriever puppy. I'm afraid the shock of more dogs would kill the older one.

Melissa

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back