Jaycee's emails

not_my_kids

Reaction score
Since it was starting to take over another thread, it should have it's own.
Can we please move discussion of the emails that may have been sent by Jaycee regarding the printing business here?
This way it can have it's own area and if we find anything interesting or useful about the emails or other online access that Jaycee may have had, it'll all be in one convenient spot.

Can we please move discussion of the emails that may have been sent by Jaycee regarding the printing business here?
This way it can have it's own area and if we find anything interesting or useful about the emails or other online access that Jaycee may have had, it'll all be in one convenient spot.

thanks for posting this here. i have never really felt this was that important of an issue though.

thanks for posting this here. i have never really felt this was that important of an issue though.

It may not be anything at all, but it may become important later, and this way it doesn't turn into a thread eater. I think it may be important, at least as an indicator of how well prepared she is to handle the world the way it is now.

In other cases of solved abductions, we have seen that sometimes, not being able to acclimate to a world outside of captivity can have harsh consequences. I think it will be helpful to Jaycee that she doesn't have to become familiar with the electronic devices that are the crux of communication these days. They may also speak to her mental state. As time goes on, there will be more that is made public, and since we already know the content of some of the emails, it can't hurt to get started on them now.

It may not be anything at all, but it may become important later, and this way it doesn't turn into a thread eater. I think it may be important, at least as an indicator of how well prepared she is to handle the world the way it is now.

In other cases of solved abductions, we have seen that sometimes, not being able to acclimate to a world outside of captivity can have harsh consequences. I think it will be helpful to Jaycee that she doesn't have to become familiar with the electronic devices that are the crux of communication these days. They may also speak to her mental state. As time goes on, there will be more that is made public, and since we already know the content of some of the emails, it can't hurt to get started on them now.

absolutely understand your points.
but to me the only reason the emails were released was because the people in that area who might have known what was going on were trying to say 'see? she didnt want to leave!"

absolutely understand your points.
but to me the only reason the emails were released was because the people in that area who might have known what was going on were trying to say 'see? she didnt want to leave!"

I see it the same. It was an attempt to prove that she had contact with the outside world and could have pleaded for help or revealed her identity. But strategies like that, "Blame the victim", tend to blow up in the face of the person using them.

I see it the same. It was an attempt to prove that she had contact with the outside world and could have pleaded for help or revealed her identity. But strategies like that, "Blame the victim", tend to blow up in the face of the person using them.

Nobody is blaming the victim, and the fact that she had Internet does not mean it was not totally controlled by the SOB. We still do not need a thread IMO

it is very enraging.
put some of these nitwits that blame her in jaycee shoes from the time she was 11. they wouldnt even survive.

Nobody is blaming the victim, and the fact that she had Internet does not mean it was not totally controlled by the SOB. We still do not need a thread IMO
I didn't say that there was anyone here blaming her, I certainly am not and have not seen anyone here do anything of the sort. But I think that was the intention of the existence of her online presence being revealed.
I personally believe that she could have had full online access and still have been controlled well enough never to speak out.
:banghead::banghead::banghead: I don't see why everything must be seen as an attack, coming from this end of computer, there are no attacks on anyone or their beliefs.

I didn't say that there was anyone here blaming her, I certainly am not and have not seen anyone here do anything of the sort. But I think that was the intention of the existence of her online presence being revealed.
I personally believe that she could have had full online access and still have been controlled well enough never to speak out.
:banghead::banghead::banghead: I don't see why everything must be seen as an attack, coming from this end of computer, there are no attacks on anyone or their beliefs.

song and not my kids....we are all in agreement here. no one HERE is blaming jaycee.
my point was the emails were released by garrido's ciients to 1) make themsleves look like they had no clue 2) make jaycee look bad.

I think this is an interesting and possibly important topic. I would broaden it out to "Jaycee's Work with the Printing Business" which would include the emails. I would ask the mods to erase this thread, esp because most of the posts already are not meaningful and start a new thread. I think such a thread is far more useful than a couple of the others recently started. :innocent:

I think this is an interesting and possibly important topic. I would broaden it out to "Jaycee's Work with the Printing Business" which would include the emails. I would ask the mods to erase this thread, esp because most of the posts already are not meaningful and start a new thread. I think such a thread is far more useful than a couple of the others recently started. :innocent:

what is that supposed to mean?
the topic i started was based on what i worry about jaycee's futre (her education).
is that not relevent to anything here?

I sent a request to close the thread. Maybe the do-over will be better.
As suggested, I'm off for a cup of decaf to wash down my chill pills.

what is that supposed to mean?
the topic i started was based on what i worry about jaycee's futre (her education).
is that not relevent to anything here?

its not like were running out of thread space. if we dont want to post in a thrad we dont have to.
for example, im staying clear of any NE threads. but im not suggesting it be clsoed down cause i dont like it

its not like were running out of thread space. if we dont want to post in a thrad we dont have to.
for example, im staying clear of any NE threads. but im not suggesting it be clsoed down cause i dont like it
Well-stated. If a thread is irrelevant, it will die down on it's own for lack of new posts. Otherwise, if there is valuable information, we have a place to put it, there isn't a shortage of bandwidth on WS at the moment...

It seems it is ok to post those here, so...

On May 7, 2007, she [allegedly Jaycee] wrote: "I will take a look at the price sheet and send you over a copy of the revised brochure tomorrow. as to the pictures sorry ... but we don't have a digital camera ... hopefully you can find a way to get me those pictures you want so i can add them to them brochure. i can get the brochures to you pretty fast within the week of final approval of the brochures. How many are you going to order and do you want them on glossy or matte paper, thick or thin?"

And on January 21, 2008, Dugard wrote: "heres the business cards in jpeg format let me know if you need anything else thank you."

I think it's pretty difficult to discuss the emails without the actual text of the emails here.

We can't see the headers, and those might tell us something. In other words, did Jaycee always work from the same place, ie., the house, or was she ever working from anyplace else with another computer while others were away? (IE, locked up next door).

I don't know if PG wrote emails for his business, or if Jaycee was the only one, but it would be interesting to know if HE ever sent emails or did work using the Molinos' computers, esp. if he was over there a lot. Headers would be revealing.

I'm not sure how relevant it is to the case, but I'd love to know if Jaycee was "allowed" to search for photos on the internet to use for the business cards, or how that worked.

As for any spelling mistakes or other errors in her emails, Jaycee has nothing to be ashamed of. The more I hear about this young lady, the more impressed I am by her. She is obviously someone who did miracles with the limited education she had, and she has the drive and interest to learn. If her emails weren't exactly business-like or had lower-case "i's" rather than capitals, that is something easily corrected. She simply didn't know any better, and nobody was teaching her but herself. If the small I's can be interpreted psychologically, I leave up to others.

Ironically, the fact that she was communicating with people on an everyday basis on the phone and computer for business is one semi-"healthy" thing about the whole experience. At least she dealt with the public to some extent, and wasn't TOTALLY cloistered, silenced. (Nonetheless, I realize that while, in some ways, she was the "face" of the business, her real identity and so much about her, was indeed buried.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back