FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

badme102

Former Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this doesn't belong here. Mods please move if necessary.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=146917&catid=3

CLAY COUNTY, FL -- The Clay County Sheriff's Office says they are searching for a missing seven-year-old girl in the Grove Park neighborhood of Orange Park.

The child's mother notified police around 6:30 p.m. that her daughter, Summer Renee Thompson, had not returned home from school.

Thompson is a second-grader at Grove Park Elementary. Police say she is a white female, 3'5" tall and about 65 pounds. She has brown hair and was last seen wearing a cranberry colored jumpsuit with pink striped sleeves.

The sheriff's office will be holding a news conference between 9:30 and 10 tonight. We will stream that live on firstcoastnews.com.

Praying that Summer is found safe.

Last seen at 2:45 walking home with her sister. It might be just me, but if my 7 year old didn't show up with her sister, when she had just been walking with her, I wouldn't wait another 3+ hours to call the police.

I agree, Idaho...that really bothered me that they waited that long to call LE.

OMG, please not again. :(

looks like firstcoast is the only one covering this. I cannot find anything else in the news.

Please Lord, let her be safe. :praying:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21342995/detail.html

Picture

Deputies Looking For Missing Girl
Clay County Deputies Say Girl Never Came Home From School

POSTED: Monday, October 19, 2009
UPDATED: 9:18 pm EDT October 19, 2009
Summer Renee Thompson - Missing 7-Year-Old Girl
Summer Renee Thompson
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- Clay County sheriff's deputies are searching an Orange Park neighborhood for a girl who they said has been missing since late Monday afternoon.

Deputies said 7-year-old Summer Renee Thompson was last seen in the Grove Park neighborhood. They said the girl's mother called police and said her daughter never returned home from school.

One of the comments under the article describes the area. I'm not sure if I can copy that here or not.
To paraphrase, they are saying there are helicopters and LE all over the place. The area is full of creeks and alley ways between the houses.

Last seen at 2:45 walking home with her sister. It might be just me, but if my 7 year old didn't show up with her sister, when she had just been walking with her, I wouldn't wait another 3+ hours to call the police.

The article says the mom flagged down an officer - didn't even call? We could be getting incorrect reports, tho. That often happens during a newsbreak.

Her pic is up on First Coast News link now....
Can I put the pic in here? Sorry, I'm so used to the Parking Lot...

There is now a picture of her. jnTexas and badme posted links above with a photo. Not an AMBER Alert.

Now one article above says that her mom didn't even call police. She just flagged down a deputy when she was out looking. How long do you look before you call?

Her name may be spelled "Somer". Not sure. Could just be shoddy detail gathering from reporters on either spelling.

Any word on the presser?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21342995/detail.html

Picture

Deputies Looking For Missing Girl
Clay County Deputies Say Girl Never Came Home From School

POSTED: Monday, October 19, 2009
UPDATED: 9:18 pm EDT October 19, 2009
Summer Renee Thompson - Missing 7-Year-Old Girl
Summer Renee Thompson
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- Clay County sheriff's deputies are searching an Orange Park neighborhood for a girl who they said has been missing since late Monday afternoon.

Deputies said 7-year-old Summer Renee Thompson was last seen in the Grove Park neighborhood. They said the girl's mother called police and said her daughter never returned home from school.
Thank you for the picture.She is a cute little girl.I pray they find her safe and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy