762 users online (106 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry GA - Mother Gets 70 Years for Starving Twins clayton county

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news...g_Twins_101909

"CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. (MyFOX ATLANTA) - A Clayton County judge gave a mother the maximum sentence for starving her twins nearly to death. Twenty-five-year-old Tessa Zelek asked the judge to be fair. The judge sentenced Zelek to 70 years in prison, with at least 52 years to serve."

Sounds fair to me.

Hoppy
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Those poor babies. I hope they're able to overcome the abuse they've endured and grow up healthy and happy. In an eye for an eye scenario, the mother's sentence would only be fair if she too were starved. She'll eat just fine while incarcerated.

Asked and answered. Peace and love to the children in this case...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Yes, Yes, Yes. ANd a hearty Woo-hoo.
    I was watching this one. I really hoped they'd nail her. These were the parents that were printing out forged prescriptions and then laying in bed high while their twins starved to death. When they would cry too hard, they just turned the baby monitor down.

I really wished the worst for this mother, I am glad she got it.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

even though she got 70 years, the article said she could get out in 52 years. i'd say give her life with no parole!

It's encouraging to see the law work like it should. Hats off to this judge who called it as she saw it and rendered an appropriate sentence. Let's just hope she STAYS in jail for the full sentence and is not out in 15 years. These poor kids will have a struggle the rest of their lives due to the brain atrophy caused by the malnourishment. What I just never get in these cases is how families will not report and will cover up for them.. It is hard to wrap my brain around. This behavior is so aberrant and foreign to most of us...they should all be locked up.

I only hope there are a few big bullies in the cafeteria that take her lunch away daily. Let her get a taste of what those poor babies went through. I can't believe the father only got fifteen years. They should have served the same sentence.

From the article in the first post: "Zelek's mother, 53 year old Christiann Zelek, is charged with not seeking medical attention for the children and covering up the crime. Christiann Zelek faces trial in November."

All I can say, is Way to Go Clayton County Georgia!!!! Putting the message out there that you can't just stand back and watch harm come to children and then be excused for not doing anything! Kudos to Georgia LE and the Judge!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by chemcopout View Post
    http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news...g_Twins_101909

"CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. (MyFOX ATLANTA) - A Clayton County judge gave a mother the maximum sentence for starving her twins nearly to death. Twenty-five-year-old Tessa Zelek asked the judge to be fair. The judge sentenced Zelek to 70 years in prison, with at least 52 years to serve."
    Sounds fair to me.
    Happy New Years

She should be glad the judge showed her more mercy than she showed her own children!
    And her mother helped cover it up? Unbelievable!!

I don't know how I feel about this "strike a deal, get a lower sentence" thing. He saw it happening, did he not? He is responsible, too. I don't know the whole story, though. Maybe there is more to it?

Well, I can only hope that the twins grow to be big strapping boys, and that they hunt down the father in fifteen years and kick his butt.

Does anyone know if people can earn time off their sentence for good behavior in prison in Georgia?
    I hope not! Or else I hope she behaves very, very badly in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    From the article in the first post: "Zelek's mother, 53 year old Christiann Zelek, is charged with not seeking medical attention for the children and covering up the crime. Christiann Zelek faces trial in November."

All I can say, is Way to Go Clayton County Georgia!!!! Putting the message out there that you can't just stand back and watch harm come to children and then be excused for not doing anything! Kudos to Georgia LE and the Judge!

Salem
    That part made me feel ill. What the heck?!?! Nature gives us grandmas and grandpas as a safeguard when the moms and dads fail - as much as my mum loves me, nothing would save my azz from her fury if I was doing anything like this to her grandbaby.

If you can't trust grandma, who can you trust?

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Does anyone know if people can earn time off their sentence for good behavior in prison in Georgia?
    I hope not! Or else I hope she behaves very, very badly in prison.
    I think the earliest she can get out is in 52 years-I believe that would be the minimum with good behavior, if she's a bad girl, she would do closer to 70 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast