GUILTY NC - Misty Carter, 22, found murdered, Buncombe County, 19 Oct 2009

Peliman

Reaction score
Found yesterday along the Blue Ridge Parkway and still unidentified.

Woman's Body Found on Parkway

A woman's body has been found on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and authorities say it appears it was dumped.

The body of the unidentified white female was found around 6:30am near mile post 395. Parkway rangers and Buncombe County deputies responded to the scene, and they are calling the death suspicious.

The victim is described as 18 to 30 years old, 5'5" to 5'7" tall, 160-190 lbs., with light brown or possibly dyed auburn hair. She had a piercing in her right nostril, and five or six piercings in her left ear. She also had a tattoo on her lower back.

The State Bureau of Investigation and FBI are also aiding the investigation.

The Parkway was cloed at the French Broad River bridge, but is now open to mile post 399.

Body Found On Parkway Near Mount Pisgah
Posted: Monday, October 19 2009, 05:14 PM CDT

Video News story inside the link, LE is seeking info.

http://wlos.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/wlos_vid_1075.shtml

Captured a couple photos of the tattoo and nails published by LE.

NCIDpics.jpg

I wish there was a tattoo artist place where we could try to find out whose work that is, especially since artists are usually distinct. It looks professional. Usually you have to show ID, and it would be a good place to start.

It's unlikely she has been reported missing yet, correct? The body was just dumped and found which means people who might miss her might not know she is gone yet.

Investigators believe they are closer to learning the identity of a woman whose body was found Monday morning along the Blue Ridge Parkway, a detective said today.

Lt. Ross Dillingham of the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office said the agency has received about 10 calls from people concerning the victim. He said he hopes to be able to release the woman’s identity soon.
Advertisement

“We’re following up on some leads,” Dillingham said.

An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday morning, he said.

Investigators called the death suspicious.

Fairview resident Jerry Knaus said he found the naked body lying in the dirt a few feet from the roadway while driving south on the parkway for a hike at Mount Pisgah.

Snipped from http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091020/NEWS01/910200311

Looks like they're closer to identifying her. :rose: May she rest in peace, and get justice soon.

I wish there was a tattoo artist place where we could try to find out whose work that is, especially since artists are usually distinct. It looks professional. Usually you have to show ID, and it would be a good place to start.

It's unlikely she has been reported missing yet, correct? The body was just dumped and found which means people who might miss her might not know she is gone yet.

A note, the news story held an interview with a local tattoo artist who said he received a visit from the sheriffs dept inquiring about the tattoo.

LE also mentioned they can't develop POI's until the person has been identified. I thought I'd place it here in case anyone could possibly ID her from another case. No ID was located on the body according to the news report. I'm hoping for a quick ID, thanks everyone.

I know the tattos are different but height and weight are the same and hair color can change. Georgia isn't that far 161 miles.

Name: Allison Marie Mullins
Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Alias / Nickname: Alice, Ann
Date of Birth: 1981-08-27
Date Missing: 2009-04-18
From City/State: Cartersville, GA 30120
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 27
Race: White
Height: 65 inches
Weight: 165 to 175 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Complexion: Light
Glasses/Contacts Description: Hard contacts
Identifying Characteristics: Tattoo of blue and yellow half moon and three stars, small mole on left cheek, pierced ears.
Clothing: Two shirts worn on top of each other, a T-shirt with The Doors over a black and white plaid, blue jeans, possibly black tennis shoes.
Jewelry: Possibly wearing two rings (description not yet available)
Circumstances of Disappearance: Allison was last seen at her residence. She had gone to bed at approximately 11:00pm. At approximately 7:00am the following morning and discovered Allison's bedroom light still on and no indication she had slept in her bed. Her car, personal identification and cell phone were still in the home. Allison has a medical condition and needs immediate medical assistance.
Investigative Agency: Bartow County Sheriff's Office
Phone: (770) 382-5050
Investigative Case #: 09-012173

I called the Buncombe County Sherrif's Dept. He told me she is IDd and they just haven't released it yet. That was quick. I know that area. It's a great place to run away to. So sad. Such a beautiful place...

That's good news. As good as news as we can hope for but good news.

A note, the news story held an interview with a local tattoo artist who said he received a visit from the sheriffs dept inquiring about the tattoo.

LE also mentioned they can't develop POI's until the person has been identified. I thought I'd place it here in case anyone could possibly ID her from another case. No ID was located on the body according to the news report. I'm hoping for a quick ID, thanks everyone.

Ah thank you. I did not see that. I am glad they were asking around.

She sure was beautiful, and pregnant, too. From Watcher's link:
Authorities are not releasing a cause of death until an autopsy is completed tomorrow.

Deputies are following leads on a possible suspect, but are not identifying them at this time.

They may not be releasing the cause of death, but it looks like it was a murder. Another pregnant woman murdered.

Misty.
Gone too soon.

I hope your killer is brought to justice soon.

I want to make sure this thread includes her name, Misty Lynn Carter of Mountain Home.

http://www.wlos.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/wlos_vid_1084.shtml
*snipped*
"A murder victim's mother and sister say they don't know why anyone would kill their loved one and her unborn baby. Crystal Branson says she heard from her sister, Misty Carter last around 11 Sunday night after spending the weekend together. Crystal says Misty had just found out she was going to have a baby.

She said, "Everything was coming together, she had her boyfriend back, she found out she was pregnant, she got a car, everything in her life was turning around and somebody stole it from her."

Crystal called the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office Monday night after hearing a description of the victim found on the Blue Ridge Parkway on the news. She was able to identify her sister by her blue fingernails and tatoo."

(video of Misty's sister at link)

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11353156#

*snipped

"ASHEVILLE, NC (WBTV) - Deputies in Buncombe County are investigating a murder mystery along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The body of Misty Carter, 21, was found on the side of the parkway early Monday morning.

The sheriff's office is looking at her death as a homicide, but they do not have a suspect.

Investigators also say Carter was pregnant. At this time, they have several leads in the case.

Sheriff Van Duncan says Carter was not reported missing before she was found.

The sheriff's department says Carter's body was found by a passing motorist near mile marker 395 on Monday at 6:30 a.m.

An autopsy was planned for Wednesday at Bowman Gray Medical Center in hopes of determining the exact cause of death."

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article...034/1042?Title=Woman-s-death-stuns-loved-ones
*snipped*
Misty Lynn Carter was a wonderful person who always wanted to have a child, a friend said just days after the young woman was found dead along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Buncombe County.

The body of the 21-year-old North Henderson High School graduate was found near mile post 395 by Glenn Gap at 6:30 a.m. Monday, said Lt. Ross Dillingham of the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office. Police are investigating her death as a homicide, the first of the year for the county.

Carter was six weeks pregnant and was unclothed when a driver saw her on the side of the Parkway.

Kristen Barnwell, 21, of Hendersonville, said Carter was one of her best friends.

"I met her in the sixth grade," she said. "We became close in school and stayed friends."

Barnwell said Carter, of Mountain Home, was there for her any time she needed her.

"She was fun; she always wanted to go do something," she said. "She was very outgoing. We always had fun together. She loved the Disney Channel."

Barnwell said it had been a couple of months since she had seen her friend.

"She got engaged the same time I did, then I moved to Hendersonville," she said. "When I lived in Fletcher, we saw each other all the time."

Barnwell said she couldn't believe the news when she heard Carter's body was found Monday.

"I had to call her sister," she said. "I don't know why anyone would want to do that. Her family is upset."

Barnwell said that she didn't know anyone who would want to kill her friend.

"She had arguments with her last boyfriend," she said, adding that nothing raised a red flag for her.

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article.../1042?Title=Woman-s-death-probed-as-homicide#

*snipped

The death of a woman whose body was found along the Blue Ridge Parkway on Monday in Buncombe County is being investigated as a homicide, and detectives are trying to piece together how a 21-year-old pregnant woman from Henderson County ended up on the scenic roadway.

Related Links:
Woman's death stuns loved ones
The body of North Henderson High graduate Misty Lynn Carter, of Mountain Home, was found near mile post 395 by Glenn Gap at 6:30 a.m. Monday, said Lt. Ross Dillingham of the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office. It's the first murder of the year for the county.

Sheriff Van Duncan said his office is investigating several leads. An autopsy is scheduled for today at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.

Jerry Knaus, of Fairview, discovered Carter on Monday as he drove along the Parkway headed for a hike.

"I was driving to Mount Pisgah," he said. "About a mile or two from Brevard Road, I saw a body lying off the road near a pull-off."

Knaus said the woman was visible from his car. "It was still dark outside, but the closer I got, I realized it was a person. She was dead and naked."

Knaus said he ran to find another car because he didn't have a cell phone.

"I called 911 and then headed back to the site where the body was until the police arrived," he said.

After his discovery, Knaus said he was treated like a suspect for hours.

"They treated me like a criminal," he said. "They searched my truck and wouldn't let me leave. While I was still at the scene, they sent an officer to my girlfriend's house and lied to her about the situation. They freaked her out. Then they came back to me and said that my girlfriend had told them I left in the night with a woman."

Knaus said his girlfriend never told police that, and the tactic was a ruse. He was released, but said he later heard someone trying to open a door at his home.

"When I went to open the door, there were more sheriff's deputies," he said. "They said I had to let them in to search my house. I told them they weren't coming in my house without a search warrant."

Knaus said he will never stop and call the police again if he runs across something like he saw Monday.

"After the way I was treated, I would just keep on going and I have been telling all my friends if they see something like that to just keep going," he said.

Oh my. That is a cunundrum to call the police, wait and then be treated as a suspect and have your life torn apart. Geez, what simply innocent things might we all have on our computers that LE could link as relevant and cause an innocent person to be a suspect? A little frightening.

What would you do? Maybe that's another thread.

I hope they are able to find some good evidence. No clothes, thrown on the side of the road? Does that sound like it was someone she knew? Not to me, but you never know.

Wonder if the police will be in trouble for lying to the girlfriend or trying to enter without a warrent. Now that is a bit aggressive.

Sounds like there are not any solid suspects as yet. I watched the interview with Misty's sister, bless her heart. She said Misty's life was coming together; She just found out she was pregnant (she had been told she could not have children), got her boyfriend back, etc. The way the sister talked it seemed as if Misty had encountered some challenges in recent past. I wonder if she had another boyfriend prior to getting "back" with the one she was with when she died?

Has anyone made a Astro request for Misty?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back