1090 users online (252 members and 838 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Richard Gregory, 40, Derby, 24 Sept 1991

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/areyoumissing/missing/adults/detail.asp?dsid=1732

This gentleman was sent to me as a possible by a shy Wser who was unsure if he was a candidate. Given our starting from scratch, I think we need to broaden our horizons and I think that this guy is startling-Blue/Green eyes, right age, right height and attached earlobes.

What do you guys think? Let's table the accent for the moment....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/areyoumissing/missing/adults/detail.asp?dsid=1732

This gentleman was sent to me as a possible by a shy Wser who was unsure if he was a candidate. Given our starting from scratch, I think we need to broaden our horizons and I think that this guy is startling-Blue/Green eyes, right age, right height and attached earlobes.

What do you guys think? Let's table the accent for the moment....
    ==========

I tried to find out more about his missing status.
    But, could not find anything else at all.

It was 18 yrs ago he went missing,
    making him 58 now
    , in the right age range for BK.
    His weight was less than BK's, but people do put on weight in 18 years.

Not that I would know anything about that.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

wow! Is there any other pics of him?

Looks like a great physical match but for this to be a match we've got to get him connected to BK somehow. Suggestions:

1. Richard was a US or dual national missing from England (the text doesn't give any biographical information);

or

2. Richard is British, disappeared voluntarily, worked (possibly illegally) in the USA, developed the accent and retained it after the amnesia incident;

or

3. BK knows he is RG, is a fraud and figures he can fake the accent convincingly enough to get an SSN by feigning amnesia (I do not think for a second that this is the case though).

I'd like to know how heavy Richard Gregory is meant to be - BK carries his weight very well, and even though Richard is a somewhat thinner build I think he'd still have to be 180 lbs or more to be a match.

Derby is in the central to eastern part of England and has an airport but there are no transatlantic flights. It is not that far from areas with a US military presence (maybe an hour or two, which is a lot in Britain, believe it or not). It does have some industry and is fairly urbanized but is not an especially large city. By way of comparison, Derby only has one twin city (Osnabrueck in Germany) but that city has 11 "twins" of which one is Evansville, In.
    Last edited by Cymro; 10-20-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Our shy friend had an additional piece of information to share on...drum roll....Foreign Accent Syndrome-
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/5144300.stm

Go ahead-smack me everyone...I was the biggest non believer on the possibility he could be from outside the US.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I watched shows on Foreign Accent Syndrome. I don't recall the details of the shows but do remember seeing them.

Another strange coincidence is the double first names... Def not a case cracker but it really stuck out at me. I read about why BK chose his "name" but it still strikes me as odd.

Mr. Kyle
    Mr. Gregory

Sorry, all, I'm weird

The woman in the article linked to still has her original accent, combined with some difficulty enunciating certain sounds (like "s" or "th") and North American speech patterns whereby different syllables are stressed than in British English. I think it's possible to tell that she has been slightly brain damaged. BK's accent however is very consistent, natural and clear... so I would say that foreign accident syndrome, especially one matching the country where he was found, is phenomenally unlikely (especially in combination with another rare form of brain damage, the amnesia, while his cognitive abilities since the accident are intact).

I'm not sure what I think, but I don't think he can be discarded. We need more info about this guy and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.

Wow, I'd never heard of foreign accent syndrome. That's a new one on me. Interesting.

IMO:
    I don't think it is BK.
    But, hey, strange things do happen.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Richard has a marking where BK's dimple/scar is! Also check out the eyes using the Dr. Phil photos where BK is smiling...wow...

Richard Gregory 35 (at the time) (don't know if this is the right one) was involved in a stabbing & death of a young boy named Banjamin Daniel Prunty on June-2003 from Blackpool UK.
    http://ben-prunty.memory-of.com/About.aspx

Looks like it is impossible to be BK this guy was in jail in april 2004.

DARREN BUTTERS AND RICHARD GREGORY WERE RELEASE ON LICENCE ON 30TH JUNE 2005 , THE REASON GIVEN BY THE JUSTICE SYSTEM WAS THAT THE PRISON WAS OVERCROWDED AND THEY ARE NOT A THREAT TO SOCIETY...WHAT A BLOODY FARCE.
    NATHAN BUTTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERD FOR RELEASE UNTIL AT LEAST 2014
    Last edited by Wendy101; 10-20-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: found more info.

Not the same Richard Gregory. The missing Richard would have been 52 in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Our shy friend had an additional piece of information to share on...drum roll....Foreign Accent Syndrome-
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/5144300.stm

Go ahead-smack me everyone...I was the biggest non believer on the possibility he could be from outside the US.
    ha! i remember that...if you ever have watched Aardman's (the creators of Wallace & Gromit) 'Creature Comforts' & have see the Geordie mouse, you could joke that she wanted to lose her Geordie accent used to live near Newcastle before moving further north...people joke about Geordie accents a lot & I've come to understand why!

ANYWAY..........

hmmm...I'm dubious, but then ya have to keep an open mind--truth sometimes being stranger than fiction and all that.

travelling from Derby to a major int'l airport is easy enough to do by train.
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

[QUOTE=kitbits;4318855]ha! i remember that...if you ever have watched Aardman's (the creators of Wallace & Gromit) 'Creature Comforts' & have see the Geordie mouse, you could joke that she wanted to lose her Geordie accent used to live near Newcastle before moving further north...people joke about Geordie accents a lot & I've come to understand why!

ANYWAY..........

Cheek!

Our shy eagle-eyed Wser contacted LE requesting more information, more photos and wheither or not Richard was still missing.....I will keep you updated!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast