House Fire Leaves 1 Child Dead, the Other Hospitalized.

Bee Happy

Reaction score
This is unbelievable!

Screams filled the evening sky as family members try to cope with what happened Monday in a South Memphis community. Two children, 2-year old Catareon Dunn and 3-year old Ladareon Dunn, were left home alone shortly before a fire broke out.

The two boys were left unattended while their mother and aunt left the house to go drop off a friend. Sometime after that, 911 received a call from neighbors saying the house was on fire.

The children’s aunt, Marilyn Wilson, who left the house with the mother, said she had no regrets about leaving the children home alone, “No, I really don’t because if they had been there by themselves, I don’t know if the boys set the house on fire or somebody threw something in there to set it on fire. I really need to get in there to see if my purse burned up. I had my Food Stamp Card and everything in there.”

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/tennessee/101909_House_Fire_Sends_Two_Kids_to_Hospital

OMG, my heart is aching. Those poor babies apparently meant nothing to their family. Who the hell would be caring about a purse or anything else for that matter? I hope they are charged with neglect at the very least!

If you watch the video, the aunt is actually chuckling while saying it. Crazy....

Unbelievable. I'm surprised the reporter didn't drop the mic in shock when she said that.

I hope her purse and her Food Stamp card is burnt up. When she goes to apply for a replacement she's denied. Those poor little boys. The aunt's gotta be on crack or a complete idiot (maybe both...or don't the two go hand in hand?) if she's going to say on television that she doesn't regret leaving her nephews (2 and 3 yrs. old!) home alone. I'm fuming.

what kind of person acts like that?? you have NO regrets about leaving a 2 and 3 year old together alone while the house burned and they were tortured and one actually died? she's got some painful day's coming, no one will be able to walk by this idiot without smacking her.

:sick:
What the hey?
How can you be worried about your Food Stamp Card when two children that you are related to have been taken to the hospital after a housefire? I just don't know what to say. She just sounds like it's normal activity, nothing odd at all, hang on let me go check my purse.
It sounds like the aunt was interviewed at the house, so maybe the child hadn't died yet, so I would like to give her some benefit of the doubt, but I just can't.
Obviously, she didn't care about them at all, or they wouldn't have been there alone in the first place.

Listening to the aunt laugh about her purse and her food stamp card makes my skin crawl.
Lady - you left your two very young nephews home alone in the house, and returned to find one deceased and one critically injured as the result of a house fire, and you're gonna chuckle about your purse with "everything in it" being in the house?
THOSE CHILDREN should have been your everything. If they were, perhaps we wouldn't be reading this story.

I hope they throw the book at these two, and I hope they throw it HARD.

Oh my Lord. That is so sad. I'm not worried about the kids, one who is dead and one who is in critical condition, I just need my food stamps card. :furious: And they both left the house, when one of them very well could've stayed back.

I'm thinking they probably left to buy drugs. Probably left something behind that the boys could get into that started the fire. Or possibly they left something burning.

JMO

Free to have more children, free to seek government assistance for those children (not counting the one that will probably have to have many surgeries and medical care that the tax payers will pay for) and leave those children alone too.

I don't mean to sound callous about taxpayers paying for the little boy's surgeries. I've never begrudged a child receiving food stamps or any type of assistance. I do begrudge perfectly healthy women and men having children and not taking responsibility for them. Everything from providing food, diapers, shelters, health care to being responsible enough NOT to leave them home alone before they're old enough to handle emergency situations.

God bless the little boy still struggling in critical condition. I hope and pray he's able to heal and is placed with a good family.

This is why I support drug testing to qualify for food stamps and government programs. Clean people get assistance, others can go pound sand.

That would be a great idea, too bad we couldn't afford to do that.

I have no words. I can't imagine what these two small children went through and it breaks my heat. May the aunt burn in hell along with her purse and food stamps!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liacoletti
Back