FL - Demetrius Clark for abandoning newborn, Jacksonville, 2009

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
A 911 caller said he saw a woman putting what appeared to be a baby in front of the business. When they arrived, police found a trash can on its side with a newborn baby inside.

Police say the baby was wrapped in a red blanket and covered in blood and afterbirth. The umbilical cord was still attached.

The newborn was taken to the hospital, and Jacksonville Fire and Rescue says the baby was unharmed.

Snipped from http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146968&catid=3

I am [ETA: THANKFUL] that someone noticed something and called 911. I am happy the baby has been found alive, and hopefully, the baby will a family to love him/her.

What a weird place to leave a baby. Why that choice?

i am that someone noticed something and called 911. I am happy the baby has been found alive, and hopefully, the baby will a family to love him/her.

What a weird place to leave a baby. Why that choice?

You were! oh my I don't know what I would do if I found a newborn in a trash can. I guess I'd do exactly what you did and call 911. Did you get a look at the girl?

Wow mae! I'm so glad you called 911. I don't know what I would do either momtective....

I'm so glad the baby is safe now. Kudos to you mae! May the angels smile upon you and that little one.

Salem

Ack no I left out a key word!

I am GLAD. I am sorry! It was not me. I hope never to have to make a call like that. I am very thankful someone called. I echo your words to that person though.

LOL Mae. It's ok that you left out a keyword :) We all make typos.

JSO Searching For 911 Caller

According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, it happened Tuesday morning about 4 outside the Greater Works Christian Ministry on Beach Boulevard, just east of Southside.

A 911 caller who identified himself only as "Smith" said he saw a woman putting what appeared to be a baby in front of the business. Police have released a picture of the person they believe made the call, and they would like to talk with him more.

Snipped from: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146968&catid=3

Photos and video at link.

If I saw someone place what looked like a baby into a trash can.........I'd go check it out myself....then I would seriously think about calling no one and keeping it;) long before I dialed 911

man who called is reportedly the father according to the above link.

"The father, Demetrius Clark, only identified himself as "Mr. Smith" when he made the call early Tuesday morning. He told the 911 dispatcher he saw a woman putting what appeared to be a baby in front of Greater Works Christian Ministries.

According to the report, the mother of the newborn is a 17-year-old runaway from New York. Clark told police she has been living with him for about a year. He also said he hadn't notified police that she was here because the teen and her mother didn't have a good relationship.

According to authorities, there was evidence that the teen has recently given birth.

Police notified the teen's mother that she was living in Jacksonville. The police report said Clark and the teen's mother used to date.

Clark was arrested and booked."
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=146968&catid=3

There has to be more to this. Fla has "safe haven" laws where you can drop a baby off at fire stations, etc. Wonder how old the father is.

man who called is reportedly the father according to the above link.

Knew there had to be more to this. So the father, is 37, having sex with the 17 year old runaway, and had her living with him, took the baby from the 17 year old mother moments after birth, went and put her in a trash can, then called 911, saying the mother did it.

Whats wrong whit people?Never heard of safe haven?Or leaving the baby in the hospital?And 37-year old"man"having sex whit 17-year old girl?So sick!
My goodnes sake,it`s a BABY not some *advertiser censored**ing trash!

I hate to add to the general feeling of disgust but if shes 17 now & he "used to date"the teen's Mother when do you think the "relationship"between him & the teen began?:sick:
I wonder too WHEN she ran ran away-could it be AFTER discovering she was pregnant by this creature? I guess throwing the baby away was so he could try to hide the DNA proof.
Im actually quite shocked he called 9-1-1(although if hed utilized the Safe Haven law "drop offs" he might not have gotten caught)!

DEMETRIUS LAMONT CLARK was sentenced in Duval County in July 2010 to 8 years for sex with a 16/ 17 year old, and 5 years for child neglect.

Current release date: 08/08/2016

CLARK-J42283.jpg

DEMETRIUS CLARK
5'10"
Date of birth:
05/31/1972

DC number: J42283

Tattoos:
TATTOO LEFT ARM CROSS BEATTLE PYRAMID FIGURES
TATTOO RIGHT ARM EYE W/SWIRLS
TATTOO RIGHT ARM MOOSEHEAD

http://bailbondcity.com/fldoc-inmate-CLARK/J42283

it's worse than you know. he lived with her mother for years. they became involved while under her roof. he's out now. how do i know this? they used to be my friends. he goes by lamont, not demetrius.

the girl's mother passed away several years ago. she was my friend til the end of her life. none of knew this was happening. they were living in another state when this started and he hid this from most of his "friends". so disgusted that he is out of jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back