OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Originally started by WS member Doublestop in the information and support forum. Thanks Doublestop!

Bobby and Sherilynn Jamison along with their 6-year-old daughter Madyson haven't been seen since October 8.

"Their truck was found in rural Latimer County. Inside were the family's cell phones, coats, ID's and a substantial amount of money.

The family's dog was also inside, barely alive."

More at link:

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11349062

Very strange. I wonder how much money is a substantial amount?

ETA: was the truck broken down....or stuck?

I wonder where they were found in Latimer County. It's quite a ways away from Eufala. When I ask Google for directions from Eufala to Latimer County, it says 51 miles -- but I'm not sure where in Latimer County it's taking me.

They just found the truck? The dog was in there for 12 days? That's how I read that report.

WHY don't we get more information about missing people? Drives me nuts.

I wonder if they were reported missing by anyone. I guess they weren't, because the first report is the report about finding the car. It's really weird that there's just one article, and nothing from the time they went missing. Looks like Latimer County is heavily wooded and hilly. Maybe they went for a hike and got lost. You'd think they'd take the dog, though.

I checked mapquest also.
From Eufalfa to Wilburton, OK is 59.63 miles and takes 1 hr 7 min.
It is south then east of Eufalfa.

So, they traveled at least 60 miles.
There is a Robber's Cave State Park in Latimer Cty.

Last seen, Oct. 8, a Thursday.
Truck found Oct. 20, a Tuesday.

I am thinking the same as other posters.
No one reported them missing.
The 6 yr old not in school on Fri.
What about mom and dad's employers?

Who saw them last?
Do their family members live close by?
What kind of truck is it?

Why would they leave the dog
locked up?
Why are their cells, coats, i.d.'s, money in the truck?
Was the money in a purse or a wallet or
in an envelope?
Did the money look like they just got it out
of the atm?
Or was it a mixture of bills?
Did they run out of gas?

But, no, they left coats, cells, i.d. and money.
Not robbery, money left.

Rural: Was the truck off in a ditch,
parked by a little used road,
hidden behind a barn?

So many questions.

ot:
It reminds me of the case last Jan. of the Teddy Little Light family
out of Montana.

Prayers for this family.

http://www.touroklahoma.com/detail.asp?id=1%2B5U%2B3607
Robbers Cave State Park:
Robbers Cave State Park is located in the scenic, hilly woodlands of the San Bois Mountains of southeast Oklahoma. A favorite of rappellers, equestrians, hikers and outdoor lovers. Robbers Cave enjoys notoriety as a former hideout for outlaws. The park and adjoining wildlife management area, including Lake Wayne Wallace, offers acres of discovery and enjoyment including trout fishing in season, boating, hunting, mountain biking, trails for hikers and horses, sandstone cliffs for climbing and rappelling, and fall foliage viewing.

more at link...

Just thinking maybe they went to state park.

When I read the news article again,
it struck me that it says,
'snipped'
Several agencies have been searching for the Jamisons, but the Latimer County sheriff suspended the search Monday as they work on a new plan to find the family.

So,
truck found abadoned, searches done by several agencies and now search is suspended as of Oct. 19.

This is strange indeed. If the truck broke down, and they decided to walk, why would they not take their money and dog? The could not have intended to go far or be gone long.

When I read the news article again,
it struck me that it says,
'snipped'
Several agencies have been searching for the Jamisons, but the Latimer County sheriff suspended the search Monday as they work on a new plan to find the family.

So,
truck found abadoned, searches done by several agencies and now search is suspended as of Oct. 19.

So when was the truck found and how long did the searches last?

The story has been updated to say that they are searching a rural area near Red Oak. In the comments, someone says that the truck was in an abandoned oilfield north of Red Oak.

Why would you not take the dog/cellphone/money with you, whatever you were doing?

If you're out for recreation, you'd take the dog. If you're out meeting someone on a drug deal, you'd take the money. In that rural an area, there might not be cell service, so you might leave the phones...but...the dog?

One Topix poster, said to be a family member, says that
the dad has some health issues and survived a bout with cancer.

ot: grain of salt time: topix has its usual assortment of those who just
want to see themselves in print. that is the nicest thing i can say.

Do we know for sure the dog was locked in? I'm wondering if the family had gone for a walk and something happened to them, and the dog went back to the truck and got back in (thinking through the window behind the driver that can slide open).

Highly unlikely, but a slightly better situation that the others that are forming in my head.

The coats might give a clue to when they may have left the truck there.

Date Max Min
Oct 8 86 59
Oct 9 57 48
Oct 10 52 46
Oct 13 66 59
Oct 14 64 55
Oct 15 59 51
Oct 16 64 45
Oct 17 59 41
Oct 18 64 35
Oct 19 73 50
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KMLC/2009/10/19/DailyHistory.html

Their taking coats only makes sense if they went out at night or expected to be out at night (but not on Oct 8!) -- or if they went out on one of the days it was in the 50's. If they left the coats in the truck, it must not have been one of the days in the lower 50's.

I was thinking about the dog. Maybe they went deer hunting and it wouldn't work to have the dog out there, and then they got lost in the woods.

Do we know for sure the dog was locked in? I'm wondering if the family had gone for a walk and something happened to them, and the dog went back to the truck and got back in (thinking through the window behind the driver that can slide open).

Highly unlikely, but a slightly better situation that the others that are forming in my head.

The article says the dog was barely alive so I doubt that it was able to come and go as it pleased.:waitasec:

======================

Pic of truck shows a 4 door truck, white in color.
This is from original link, updated now.

Wow, I'm really surprised we haven't heard more on this one. Very strange indeed.

The coats might give a clue to when they may have left the truck there.

Date Max Min
Oct 8 86 59
Oct 9 57 48
Oct 10 52 46
Oct 13 66 59
Oct 14 64 55
Oct 15 59 51
Oct 16 64 45
Oct 17 59 41
Oct 18 64 35
Oct 19 73 50
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KMLC/2009/10/19/DailyHistory.html

Their taking coats only makes sense if they went out at night or expected to be out at night (but not on Oct 8!) -- or if they went out on one of the days it was in the 50's. If they left the coats in the truck, it must not have been one of the days in the lower 50's.

I was thinking about the dog. Maybe they went deer hunting and it wouldn't work to have the dog out there, and then they got lost in the woods.
--------------------------------------------------

Good job checking weather.

Topix locals saying that it has rained heavily since they went missing and all scent would be gone.
Locals also say that a farmer saw the abandoned truck with the dog in it for over a week and then he called the police.
Supposedly then the police started a search.

I can find nothing else online about this missing family.
I posted it to NG.

Search started last Saturday. Small black and white dog inside the truck. Another search to start Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth