Lockerbie Bomber Dies

Too bad we arent' the type of people to go celebrate in the streets for them all to see.

I am glad he is dead. He should not have lived this long, IMO.

My only consolation is that he probably squirmed a lot toward the end. I least I hope so, the .

The Scottish government released al-Megrahi in 2009, believing he'd soon die of cancer. He was greeted as a hero in his native Libya and met with leader Moammar Gadhafi, whose 42-year rule now teeters on the brink of collapse.

His release after serving eight years of a life sentence infuriated the families of many victims, who suspected Britain's real motive was to improve relations with oil-rich Libya.

Sen Gillibrand said in a statement. "Seeing him participate in good health at a pro-Gadhafi rally recently was another slap in the face ...."

Sen Schumer said: "A new Libya can send a strong statement to the world by declaring it will no longer be a haven for this convicted terrorist."

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110823/ap_on_re_us/us_libya_lockerbie

noZme's opinion ~ Hell Yeah, put him back in prison & throw away the key!!

Good! This never should have freed to begin with!

I'd bet there are persons in government in the UK who are getting very uneasy about now; if this guy is rearrested and starts talking we may find out what kind of deal was cut to get him released.

A lot of people, including many of the relatives of the victims, believe he was just a fall guy.

I'd bet there are persons in government in the UK who are getting very uneasy about now; if this guy is rearrested and starts talking we may find out what kind of deal was cut to get him released.

Supposedly the guy is drifting in and out of consciousness...so not sure what he is going to tell anyone to be honest :(

And yea it probably was something to do with oil why he was released BUT..In many peoples opinions thats why we have helped the rebels in Libya so...

I dunno but can he even be tried for the same offence again. The crime happened here and he was sentenced and then released because of his "condition". I'm not really sure what could even be done by America?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back