GUILTY CA - Jennifer Schipsi, 29, found murdered, Palo Alto, 15 Oct 2009

Columbo

Reaction score
This is so sad. Jennifer Schipsi was found dead on her bed in her burned out apartment. The boyfriend, Bulos Zumot, said she was a smoker and had been stalked. Yeah, right, probably by him.

snipped from article:

Immediately after the breakup, Zumot began bombarding Schipsi with telephone calls, text messages and e-mails. At first, he was apologetic and said he would have her car repaired.
"He seemed sincere and said he would seek counseling and anything he could do to prevent this from happening," Schipsi said in her application. "Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I began seeing him for dinner a few times per week and the anger and verbal abuse started up again."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_13606098?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1

Seems like this kind of couple attract each other most often than not ha?

:waitasec:

She ammended her order from no contact to peaceful contact. She didn't lift it...or am I reading this incorrectly?

Not a huge surprise-he then murdered her (apparently) and texted her mother repeatedly???

Sometimes when you are in fear for your life from someone that you believe will ultimately KILL you, you are tempted to dial down your protection in an attempt to pacify this person who is breathing heavily down your neck. Because the law will not protect you-not in any substantial, real way. That is what people do not get I think-these perps are in it until the end. They are not satisfied until they finish what they have started and they have full control over your life and death. They have an itch they have to scratch-you will be with them or no one. You are a sore spot that has to be excised. It is an affront to them that you got away.

It is terrorism, plain and simple. But here in the US, if you shared a bed with that person or if you are biologically related to that person, some how it is more understandable if they lose control of themselves because of anger or disappointment with you.

The key that women or people in this set of circumstances have to understand is that you can never stand down. Be the b**ch if you must. Because it isnt going to matter if you give in a little or a lot-the end result will likely be one like this one.

JMO.

Yes :( they are like two puzzle pieces with the perfect complimentary edges.

I escaped with my life from one of these guys, by the grace of God realizing before it was too late what I was dealing with. I spent seven years with him in a fog of denial and fear. My forgiving (and terribly unconfident) nature and his aggressive and demeaning nature kept us locked together through circumstances any sane person would have run screaming from.

A "victim" is in a state of relative insanity, I believe. And every time another victim loses her life or health to one of these monsters, I grieve :(

Even if you escape, change your name, moved to another city, the abuser will then target your friends and family.

Even if the person goes to prison, when they get out, they will continue to stalk and hurt you.

Like a case right now, the husband installed a GPS on the car of his wife, he knew where she was, with whom and doing what.

In the end, he killed her and another women. All because she wanted out of the marriage. He is on trial.

Another case, a women wanted a Divorce from her abusive husband. He enlisted "his family" to follow her, threaten her, and in the end, he broke into her house, while she was taking a shower.

She was able to "grab" her infant child, run outside naked, she "threw" her child into the arms of a neighbor who was trying to protect her, but her husband threatened to shoot the neighbor.

In the end, she was able to save the life of her infant, but he forced her back into the house and killed her.

The only way to get away from these men is when they are dead.

I know I am repetitive, but I would like to point out that it is terrorism, plain and simple. Wonder why it cannot be seen as such? Again, I believe because there is this completely unjustified "Ah ha" when people find out that the perp and the victim had a relationship.

I know I am repetitive, but I would like to point out that it is terrorism, plain and simple. Wonder why it cannot be seen as such? Again, I believe because there is this completely unjustified "Ah ha" when people find out that the perp and the victim had a relationship.

You are so right, it is terrorism.

This really scares me as my 20 (soon to be 21) year old daughter is in a relationship with a very controlling and jealous person. They have been together for 4 years and they have a baby together, 16 months old. He is not physically abusive YET. He is verbally and mentally abusive. He uses the baby to get to see my daughter. If she tries to break up with him, he threatens to take her to court for joint custody, or take the baby and disappear. He moved in with us after the baby was born and before he moved in, I thought he was a great buy. I "learned" him real fast and he only lasted 3 months in my house! My daughter and granddaughter still live with me.

This past weekend he harrassed her so much because she went to a friends house that she said she would rather kill herself than live like this, but then by Sunday everything is "great" with them again. I don't know how to get her to see and be done with him.

She does have abandonment issues as her father (my ex) left when she was 15 years old. We went on vacation with my mom and when we came home he was gone. We divorced and neither of my daughters have seen him or heard from him since. He paid child support but never any contact. I know this has a lot to do with her lack of self esteem and issues.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Amen about the terrorism!

It is seen, and experienced, as terrorism by the people who live in it, and who have survived it.

I did not leave when I KNEW I was in danger because I feared him more than I trusted the police or myself to protect me.

What grieves me the most is how I somehow, some way, found it within myself to overcome that fear but cannot show another how to do that. I've supported many many women in the same circumstance, and watch them come up against that fear and retreat. Over and over and over. I don't know how to tell others "how" I overcame that fear because I don't know the mechanics of it myself. Maybe it was the loaded gun I carried with me until I had the sense to disappear into a different state. Or my conviction that NOTHING that happened to me could be worse than staying with him, or having any contact with him.

Living 24/7 with an abusive person is living with a person who tears you down a hundred times a day, from inconsequential remarks about the rice being sticky AGAIN to death threats. Your mind closes down and the future disappears into the fog. You just get through each day and avoid setting him off. You lose your normal shame, you are willing to grovel and beg for scraps of attention because you are so isolated and your confidence is gone. It is a discrete psychological state, to be in an abusive relationship. It has been compared to Stockholm Syndrome. The victim becomes impervious to outside reality.

Victims appear deluded and mentally ill because they ARE. And not always because they walked into a relationship with these issues. The damage done to you by a person that you love and admire is insidious and pervades every facet of your life.

I often feel like a deprogrammer when I support abused women. The effects linger for months or even years after the relationship is over.

From October 2011:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...-Girlfriends-Murder-Arson-Case-132827238.html

Bulos 'Paul' Zumot, a Palo Alto hookah bar owner convicted of strangling his girlfriend and setting her body on fire two years ago, was sentenced Friday to 33 years in state prison.

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge David Cena handed down the sentence eight months after a jury convicted Zumot of first-degree murder and arson in the Oct. 15, 2009 death of 29-year-old real estate agent Jennifer Schipsi.

Although i have not followed this thread or case, i found this article interesting, imo.
June 2 2020
https://www.msab.com/2020/06/02/suc...der-case-can-depend-on-deleted-text-messages/
''Success or failure in a murder case can depend on deleted text messages
If you have been obsessed with true crime TV series or have watched police procedural shows, there’s a good chance you’ve seen dramatic depictions of a mobile forensic investigation. Usually we see an investigator examining the phone then clicking some buttons in order to get the user’s text messages and call history, which instantly appear on the screen.

Yes, information retrieved from a mobile phone can offer crucial evidence. But the reality of obtaining that information is very different.

Let’s consider an actual murder case and some of the questions that need to be answered to solve it: What can a forensic examination recover from your mobile phone? How is it done? Can deleted data be recovered from a phone?''

''Both Jennifer and Zumot were heavy iPhone users. And those iPhones had more to say than either of them might have suspected. “The couple had two years of passionate breakups and makeups and a history of domestic abuse,” according to the police.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back