774 users online (96 members and 678 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UT - William, 51, & Charmaine Sharp, 54, murdered, Castle Dale, 21 Oct 2009

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8391143

An adult son has been arrested after both his mother and father were shot and killed inside their home. Younger children were also in the home when it happened.

This happened this morning, Castle Dale is not far away from me and if you remember the coal mine that collapsed a few years ago, trapping the miners inside,this is a small town that was affected by it.

If you click on the comment section of the article, some very interesting comments from people.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

OMG...I am starting to wonder what is in the water in Utah ?

Where are those poor children who witnessed their parents demise?
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

They said on the local tv news that the younger children are now with older siblings. There are 10 children total so I imagine some are grown and out of the house. They also said that there's been a history of mental problems with the one arrested but they don't know yet why he did it, a teenage brother and sister managed to get the gun away from him!

VB
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

This article gives more information on the killing, the father was on the phone with one of his daughters when it happened and the mother was in the kitchen fixing breakfast. Also gives a picture of the accused, his name is Peter Sharp and William and Charmaine Sharp are the parents.

What I'm wondering about is, with his mental illness, how easy was it for him to get ahold of the gun? It's hunting season here right now so maybe guns were more out in the open?

VB

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post

This article gives more information on the killing, the father was on the phone with one of his daughters when it happened and the mother was in the kitchen fixing breakfast. Also gives a picture of the accused, his name is Peter Sharp and William and Charmaine Sharp are the parents.

What I'm wondering about is, with his mental illness, how easy was it for him to get ahold of the gun? It's hunting season here right now so maybe guns were more out in the open?

VB
    So very sad. I know I'm going to get some flak for this but, they clearly knew he was mentally ill, having guns accessible in the home would have been completely irresponsible, IMO.

Prayers for the surviving children and the community.