Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: NY - Allegheny Reservoir Cattaraugus County - (NamUs 6015), Sep'09 -Traci Douglass

Here is information on the Allegheny river:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegheny_River[/ame]
    Last edited by little726; 05-25-2010 at 02:11 PM.

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    thanks, little726.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    http://www.sheriff.cattco.org/

Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office Seeks Assistance Identifying Skeletal Remains

The Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office is seeking information to assist in the identification of skeletal remains discovered on the shore line of the Allegheny

Reservoir in the Town of South Valley in Cattaraugus County on September 26th 2009.
    A forensic examination revealed that the remains are of a female between the ages of 25 to 45. (likely 30-40). Stature of 5'1"-5'8", A person of a smaller build estimated to be have weighed 105-125 pounds. It has also been suggested that the remains have been in the water for a period of one to five years. Additionally an examination revealed that a single rib shows evidence of a healed fracture. Also a fractured left tibia has been noted. Found with the remains was one left winter type boot. Made of tan suede, is mid calf in length and is size 6. The boot is fleeced lined and made in China under the brand name of Hotcakes. The front of the boot is embroidered with red, white and blue flowers and a green leaf. Dental record of the deceased are on file with the Erie Co. Medical Examiners Office for comparison and DNA is currently being obtained for database entry.

Anyone who believes to have any information in regards to the identity of this person, please contact Det. William Welling at the Sheriff's Office (716) 938-9191 extension 2276.

Photos of boot similar to that found with deceased:

~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

**WARNING: POST-MORTEM PHOTO OF 1983 Chautauqua Co. Jane Doe AT LINK BELOW**

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/souther...of-same-killer

This Oct. 29, 2010 news article explores a possible link between this Jane Doe and a UID woman found murdered in Chautauqua County in 1983.
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:

Interesting, Tatertot. I wonder if there is a connection. I know the first one has long been assumed to be left by a serial killer passing through... would the same serial killer do it again over 20 years later?

Or is it a local guy, and these are just two women who were unlucky enough not to be identified?

I've long believed there's a serial killer in Jamestown. There are just too many unsolved murders of women... I think 8. I live in a much more populated area now and there are only one or two.

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    I've also wondered if Caledonia Jane Doe was connected. The same sort of shooting.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

New York State has a lot of missing women. I often wonder if there is a serial killer on the loose. The Adirondack Park is a desolate area not well traveled in the off months, and most homes are seasonal camps.
    We will never forget you Kellisue Ackernecht

11. The Following User Says Thank You to allaster For This Useful Post:

http://www.wellsvilledaily.com/newsn...unty-cold-case

Investigation continues in Catt. County cold case

By Brian Quinn
    Daily Reporter
    Posted Jun 08, 2011 @ 11:28 AM

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

There's not much to go on, but this missing woman would have been within the UID's height range and she disappeared in November, when wearing boots would have made sense. Her case was added to the Charley Project today:

http://charleyproject.org/cases/w/wines_alayssa.html
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:

Remains identified. I don't remember this woman going missing. Will look for more details.
    http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/souther...-missing-woman
    Rest in peace, Traci.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Torsade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Torsade View Post
    Remains identified. I don't remember this woman going missing. Will look for more details.
    http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/souther...-missing-woman
    Rest in peace, Traci.
    According to other news reports, her family didn't even know she was missing!

Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    According to other news reports, her family didn't even know she was missing!

There is a News Conference scheduled for Tuesday (tomorrow) by the Sheriff's Dept. The local news isn't covering it yet.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karen in New York For This Useful Post:

This was one of my pet cases I that I spent hours trying to figure out who she was. She wasn't listed in any of the Missing People databases I use, so go figure. I am glad she got her identity back and the family can have some closure.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

I'm sure it pleased Traci, that people cared enough to try and help her. I'm really impressed that her remains were identified, as it looks like it took quite a bit of research to do so. Nothing on local news so far, today, that I can find.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Torsade For This Useful Post:

http://www.salamancapress.com/news/a...9bb2963f4.html

This link provides a photograph of Traci. Rest in peace.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angel4u2Whisper2 For This Useful Post:

This article has a little more information:
    http://post-journal.com/page/content....html?nav=5192

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Torsade For This Useful Post:

From the above article: "Some of those leads took us out of the area and out of state, which is why the FBI was involved in assisting us in our investigation," he said. "Ultimately one of the leads that came in, encouraged us to take a look at whether or not this could be who we ultimately identified as Traci Douglass of Salamanca, N.Y. One of those leads that came in came in from somebody who knew Traci, saying, 'Hey I haven't seen her in a while, maybe you should take a look for her.'"

That last sentence really strikes me as odd.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Torsade For This Useful Post:

Question As in this case....many missing people

Like this woman, many missing people have yet to be reported missing for one reason or another.
    I do believe it is time for THE DOE NETWORK
    THE CHARLEY PROJECT
    NAMP
    and similar sites to approach KINDLE
    NOOK
    IPHONE
    IPAD and others to get some APPS so people can share what they know easier and make reports and matches easier.

if there were apps for this line of reading and communications the cases that are now FROZEN and BELOW ZERO COLD CASES
    could be solved so much faster..so how would those sites approach the people to get some APPS going?

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to websurfer For This Useful Post:

and if they had a missing persons app from Charley, NamUS or the Doe Network for the IPHONE, i would have it. What a great idea. I do have an app it's call Missing person Reports. I haven't really looked at it though.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

36. The Following User Says Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

Wow, I'm so relieved this Jane Doe was finally identified! It's so rare that someone who was never even reported missing is IDed -- great work on LE's part in following up leads.

Rest in peace, Traci. I hope the next step in the investigation -- finding out what happened to you -- is successful, too.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to maggieo For This Useful Post:

So often we criticize law enforcement for sloppy work, negligence, or just plain not caring, but this case demonstrates outstanding effort and persistence. Kudos to them and RIP Traci, I'm glad they found you.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Cold Case Unit seeks public's help in Traci Douglass case

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/news...a4bcf887a.html

"Cattaraugus County Sheriff Timothy Whitcomb (seated) asked today for the public's help in closing the case involving the death of Traci Douglass of Salamanca, whose remains were found near the banks of the Allegheny Reservoir on Sept. 26, 2009, and identified two years later.

Cold case detectives John Ensell (standing, center) an Joe Magiera (right) said they want to interview recent callers to another police agency about the case, but do not have contact information. More than 400 leads have been recorded in the case.

"There are people whop have direct information that will assist us in closing this case," Sheriff Whitcomb said. Inv. Ensell may be reached at (716) 938-2261, or cell (716) 597-4298, and Inv. Magiera at (716) 938-2205, or cell (716) 498-3245.

See complete story in Thursday's Times Herald."
    I changed my avatar.

Is Cattaraugus County Cold Case On Verge of Being Solved?

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Is-Ca...205691811.html

"LITTLE VALLEY, NY (WKBW)- Traci Douglass of Salamanca would have turned 46 this year, instead police continue to investigate her mysterious death. Douglass went missing in early 2007 from Salamanca. Two years later, in September of 2009, a fisherman walking along the shores of the Allegheny Reservoir discovered human remains near the Town of South Valley. Thanks to advanced DNA technology in 2011, police were finally able to confirm the remains were that of Traci Douglass.

Despite combing through more than 400 leads, investigators believe certain individuals have direct information about Douglass' death.

"There are people here in the community in Cattaraugus County, specifically in Salamanca, who have information on Tracy Douglass' death. That (information) can help us answer questions and answer the questions as to why we found her where we did," said Cattaraugus County Sheriff Timothy Whitcomb. "We need those people to listen to their moral compass and become part of the solution rather than the problem."

Additionally, police are asking people who provided tips in the past to come forward again. Anyone with information is urged to call Investigator Joe Magiera at: 716-938-2205 or Investigator John Ensell at: 716-938-2261"
    I changed my avatar.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567