The Wonderful Woman Named Jaycee

my2sisters

Reaction score
I thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to positive posts about a woman we all love and so greatly respect.

I thought it would be good to have a thread dedicated to positive posts about a woman we all love and so greatly respect.

thanks mysisters.
can we try to keep this thread positive? :)
any links to stories or discussions about jaycee and her girls recovery are greatly welcomed here :)
thanks

my2sisters, I think this is an awesome, fabulous idea! Thank you for opening this thread:)

While Jaycee has had a rough past, and the road ahead of her will be tough, too, right now she is physically safe, and is in an environment which is conducive to further emotional growth and safety. Of course, there will be ongoing challenges and issues as the initial excitement subsides and the hard work of healing and developing an everyday pattern of life sets in. But even the "everyday pattern" of life is exciting, because it's new for her:) I think this thread is a great area to focus solely on our excitement and happiness about Jaycee's rescue. I'm slapping on my rose-colored glasses in here, and dreaming only about what I hope will be. :)

my2sisters, I think this is an awesome, fabulous idea! Thank you for opening this thread:)

While Jaycee has had a rough past, and the road ahead of her will be tough, too, right now she is physically safe, and is in an environment which is conducive to further emotional growth and safety. Of course, there will be ongoing challenges and issues as the initial excitement subsides and the hard work of healing and developing an everyday pattern of life sets in. But even the "everyday pattern" of life is exciting, because it's new for her:) I think this thread is a great area to focus solely on our excitement and happiness about Jaycee's rescue. I'm slapping on my rose-colored glasses in here, and dreaming only about what I hope will be. :)

flourish puts it way better then i did (even if she had to edit for a fractured sentence :) )
would like to add that she's phsyically safe and probably more important, emotionally supported. her family beside her after all these years is giving her a big boost of momentum right now, and with all the combined therapy, that's gonna pay big dividends down the road.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHql-2tv9vI"]YouTube - Jaycee Dugard Kidnapping, Rape Case[/ame]

When I watched this video of Ken Slayton and his daughters, it seemed they were very sincere in wanting to get to know Jaycee and make up for lost time. Ken Slayton, who is a purple heart Vietnam vet, broke down crying at the end of the video and was barely able to continue with his statement -- you could tell he felt guilty over not being there for Jaycee.

As well, Carl Probyn wants to be part of Jaycee's life. I think he will get fast tracked over Ken Slayton because of the bond Jaycee and her girls have now built with Carl's mom, and Carl and Terry's daughter.

Jaycee and her daughters are fortunate to have two men who want so much to be good role models and to become a part of their lives.

YouTube - Jaycee Dugard Kidnapping, Rape Case

When I watched this video of Ken Slayton and his daughters, it seemed they were very sincere in wanting to get to know Jaycee and make up for lost time. Ken Slayton, who is a purple heart Vietnam vet, broke down crying at the end of the video and was barely able to continue with his statement -- you could tell he felt guilty over not being there for Jaycee.

As well, Carl Probyn wants to be part of Jaycee's life. I think he will get fast tracked over Ken Slayton because of the bond Jaycee and her girls have now built with Carl's mom, and Carl and Terry's daughter.

Jaycee and her daughters are fortunate to have two men who want so much to be good role models and to become a part of their lives.

thanks francine.
i will even take positive stuff about ken slayton here as long as it is good for jaycee and you mentioned carl too.
aweseome!

Jaycee is obviously a hero. Her step Dad Carl had said that she probably survived because she was always good kid who never gave anyone any trouble and was very easy going.
He may be right about that, but what she had done under the most extreme of circumstances is a heartwarming story.
her courage to teach her children to read, write and some arithmetic is unparalleled. I imagine the children gave her the strength to keep going, but her will to better herself and manage a printing business was self motivated. While she must have had so many blue days thinking of what could have been, she made the best of what was. That in itself deserves all the glory she can ever get in all the years a head of her. She did not have a soft place to fall, so she got up every day dusted herself off and made it work one more day, one day at a time. She did not get love in so long and now she has a loving family and an entire Nation who love her.
She is a true hero. :) one of a kind.

Jaycee is obviously a hero. Her step Dad Carl had said that she probably survived because she was always good kid who never gave anyone any trouble and was very easy going.
He may be right about that, but what she had done under the most extreme of circumstances is a heartwarming story.
her courage to teach her children to read, write and some arithmetic is unparalleled. I imagine the children gave her the strength to keep going, but her will to better herself and manage a printing business was self motivated. While she must have had so many blue days thinking of what could have been, she made the best of what was. That in itself deserves all the glory she can ever get in all the years a head of her. She did not have a soft place to fall, so she got up every day dusted herself off and made it work one more day, one day at a time. She did not get love in so long and now she has a loving family and an entire Nation who love her.

in spite of everything song, you just made me tear up again.
thanks

Plus... she's soooo purty! :dance:

I'd rather meet her than anyone else I can think of...just to be in the presence of an angel. :angel:

Thank you, m2s, for starting this thread. Great idea.

YouTube - Jaycee Dugard Kidnapping, Rape Case

Hi Francine. I am quoting you for 2 reasons:

1. My sentiments exactly. I think and hope the presence of Mr. Slayton will be another happy ending for JC. She deserves many. You can practically see his heart breaking for her. Very touching, to me, for a man to make the effort to publicly take responsibility for his mistakes. Carl has always been a strong influence and obviously loves JC deeply. She couldn't have picked 2 better examples of what men should be. She's lucky.

and 2. Because your avatar is adorable and I wanted to take the opportunity to ask if it's a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier? It's such a beautiful breed. I also would like to know if yours is a crazy "melonhead" like my friend's?;)

I still think it's amazing that she educated her kids up to grade level (and possibly beyond). Under those circumstances. Just... wow.

Way to go, Jaycee!

For this she deserves so much respect. What a woman, what an example.
I hope things just get better and better for her. What a path she has travelled.
Jaycee-you rock :blowkiss:

For this she deserves so much respect. What a woman, what an example.
I hope things just get better and better for her. What a path she has travelled.
Jaycee-you rock :blowkiss:
:dance:

Jaycee is so blessed to have a Mother like Terry, who never gave up hope, has daughters who are her best friends and has proven that she loves Jaycee and her grand daughters unconditionally. I can't say enough about this remarkable woman and her daughter who excelled despite all the odds against it happening!

Jaycee is so blessed to have a Mother like Terry, who never gave up hope, has daughters who are her best friends and has proven that she loves Jaycee and her grand daughters unconditionally. I can't say enough about this remarkable woman and her daughter who excelled despite all the odds against it happening!

it was hard reading those articles from 91/92. to see terry's heart broken and little shayna wanting her 'sissy'. now things are so much better........and 'little' shayna is bigger then both terry and jaycee lol

Thank you, m2s, for starting this thread. Great idea.

Hi Francine. I am quoting you for 2 reasons:

1. My sentiments exactly. I think and hope the presence of Mr. Slayton will be another happy ending for JC. She deserves many. You can practically see his heart breaking for her. Very touching, to me, for a man to make the effort to publicly take responsibility for his mistakes. Carl has always been a strong influence and obviously loves JC deeply. She couldn't have picked 2 better examples of what men should be. She's lucky.

and 2. Because your avatar is adorable and I wanted to take the opportunity to ask if it's a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier? It's such a beautiful breed. I also would like to know if yours is a crazy "melonhead" like my friend's?;)
Thanks Tizzle! She is a one year old soft coated wheatie terrorist and she is full of beans! She tends to run around so much that she overheats, so we keep her fur closely trimmed. People often confuse her with a poodle, cockerdoodle, or a labradoodle. She tends to look more like this pic most of the time because of the way we trim her:

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.maplerockwheatens.com/sitebuilder/images/pebbles14wks-428x366.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGZPBi3E89uY46jSjl07lMI4T1n7w

She is a runt, and weighs only about 25 pounds. Most females weigh 35 to 40 pounds. They are a really affectionate, lively breed! I'll let her know you were inquiring!:crazy:

Yes, with these two men who both want to be part of Jaycee and her daughters' lives, maybe they will realize that not all men are cruel and ruthless as was Phil Garrido.

I hope Jaycee has her quiet life with her family just as she wants. She deserves to have the best life possible from now on. I can only imagine the things she and her girls are looking forward to, things that many take for granted. The girls are probably so excited at possibly being able to make friends and eventually go to school.

bumping for jaycee since thats apperently the only thing im useful for around here

thought i'd post here to remember why i joined here in the first place.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back