Caylee's Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
There is some in depth discussion about what teeth were found, what is missing and possible implications. It is getting buried in another thread and will be lost.

perhaps you may want to discuss here but be careful about starting rumors or carrying rumors forward.

Perhaps it would be good to post the link to the document about the tooth.. I can't seem to remember it clearly. The first time I read it I thought they were meaning KC's tooth.. perhaps a wisdom tooth she had had pulled.. wanted for dna purposes although I dunno why they would want that with KC available to them anyway. I see I was in error.. they must have meant a baby tooth of Caylee's.. maybe one lost in the trunk of the car, although I doubt that myself.
Anyway, I need to look at the link again, and see what all was on that list.. or a list of the items on the list.. I'm getting myself confused.

Perhaps it would be good to post the link to the document about the tooth.. I can't seem to remember it clearly. The first time I read it I thought they were meaning KC's tooth.. perhaps a wisdom tooth she had had pulled.. wanted for dna purposes although I dunno why they would want that with KC available to them anyway. I see I was in error.. they must have meant a baby tooth of Caylee's.. maybe one lost in the trunk of the car, although I doubt that myself.
Anyway, I need to look at the link again, and see what all was on that list.. or a list of the items on the list.. I'm getting myself confused.

page 7

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html

I can see where Cindy is going with the 20 teeth VS 18 teeth.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/06/19/caylee.anthony.autopsy.pdf
This one says 20 teeth..
On 12/12 OSCO received 2 teeth
On 12/13 3 more teeth were found
Dr. Garavalgia (sp) found 1 tooth inside the skull stuck to dirt
Notes 13 teeth in the mandible
Notes 1 tooth missing
= 20 teeth

In the Anthropologists report it says differently:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/19801867/detail.html
13 in mandible, 4 loose teeth found and 1 missing
= 18 teeth

That is why she keeps bringing it up..to bash the forensics and the States experts.
All the teeth were recovered the first day or two after the remains were discovered and right near the skull. The front incisor was not found. I question whether it was missing before she was dumped.

This one says 20 teeth..
Notes 1 tooth missing
= 20 teeth

= 18 teeth

That is why she keeps bringing it up..to bash the forensics and the States experts.
All the teeth were recovered the first day or two after the remains were discovered and right near the skull. The front incisor was not found. I question whether it was missing before she was dumped.

Caylee was just a baby, though - too young to be NATURALLY missing teeth. This whole topic of the tooth just sends shivers down my spine.

The remains site was flooded for quite a while. Page seven indicates two teeth were found five inches below the top of the root system. There was a larger established root system throughout the muddy soil. A torrential hurricane blew past the area and dumped several inches of rain. Moreover, the area was ridden with debris and trash. Baby teeth are miniscule. Therefore, I am not surprised a tooth was not recovered.

I'm taking a real risk here at being really stupid. I have a question though.
Did I read somewhere that a tooth had been found under the carseat in the pontiac?

The remains site was flooded for quite a while. Page seven indicates two teeth were found five inches below the top of the root system. There was a larger established root system throughout the muddy soil. A torrential hurricane blew past the area and dumped several inches of rain. Moreover, the area was ridden with debris and trash. Baby teeth are miniscule. Therefore, I am not surprised a tooth was not recovered.

I still question it though. Yes, it could still be in the woods...but perhaps not. I mean they were able to find those teeth 5 inches under the soil. They dug that scene inch by inch. It is suspicious that all but 1 tooth were found right around the skull...even if 5 inches deep.

I'm taking a real risk here at being really stupid. I have a question though.
Did I read somewhere that a tooth had been found under the carseat in the pontiac?

No. It was not found. Speculating.

This one says 20 teeth..
Notes 1 tooth missing
= 20 teeth

= 18 teeth

Actually, in her depo, CA uses the disparity in the # of teeth to substantiate her belief that Caylee may NOT be deceased .......... imo

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html

Pg 393, beginning on line 10 -

Q: Okay. What do you think happened to Caylee?
A: I have no idea. I have no idea. There's no cause of death. There's no time of death. I don't know when she died. I don't know how she died. I'm still not certain that Caylee is dead. I'm still getting tips on Caylee that she is alive.
Q: Okay.
A: Mr. Baez can tell you that I'm still upset the fact that they talk about 18 teeth that Caylee had. Caylee had 20 teeth.
Q: Uh-huh.
A: And the report that I finally read a few weeks ago says --they talk about 18 and accounting for 17 teeth that she had. Caylee had twenty teeth and I know that for a fact --
Q: All right.

I just lost a long post regarding a child's tooth development (Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care). I'll try again:

First two teeth are lower central incisors. ("Incisor" is the name given to the eight front teeth, which have sharp cutting edges.)

After four months, come the upper incisors. The average baby has six teeth, four above, and two below, when he's about a year old.

After a pause of several months, six more teeth are apt to come in and without much pause, the two remaining lower incisors, and all four first molars. The molars don't come in next to the incisor teeth but farther back, leaving space for the canine teeth.

SO FAR WE HAVE 6 + 6 + 2 + 4 = 18 (within two years it sounds like bleeding into the second year)

After the first molar teeth, there is a pause of several months before the canines (the pointed "dog teeth") come through the spaces between the incisors and the molars. THE COMMONEST TIME IS IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SECOND YEAR. The last four teeth in the baby set are the second molars. They come in right behind the first molars, usually in the first half of the third year.

SO DID CAYLEE HAVE her Canines yet which would account for 20 teeth? She was right at the age she would be getting them.* Geesh!

Also of interest - "The first thing to realize is that the crowns of all the baby teeth (the parts that will show) are formed in the gums before birth. In other words, they are made from what the mother eats during her pregnancy. . . .
The baby's permanent teeth, the first of which won't appear until the child is about 6 years old, already are being formed within a few months after birth. . . ."

*Under the title, "How the average baby's teeth come through." I found this sentence, "Since babies get twenty teeth in their first 2-1/2 years, it is easy to see that they are teething most of that whole period."

Here is my conflict, from what I read in the first part of my post, it sounds as if most children would have 20 teeth by the age of three. The last sentence above reads "babies get twenty teeth in their first 2-1/2 years".

So much for clarifying the 18 or 20 tooth question. Sounds like she would have had twenty teeth but if the canines were't quite through yet she may have had only 18. Go figure!

Lastly, since they are the pointy teeth, do you think we could tell from looking at a picture of dear Caylee smiling? She had such a sweet, happy smile.

Taken from Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care, March 1992.

Actually, in her depo, CA uses the disparity in the # of teeth to substantiate her belief that Caylee may NOT be deceased .......... imo

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html

Pg 393, beginning on line 10 -

Q: Okay. What do you think happened to Caylee?
A: I have no idea. I have no idea. There's no cause of death. There's no time of death. I don't know when she died. I don't know how she died. I'm still not certain that Caylee is dead. I'm still getting tips on Caylee that she is alive.
Q: Okay.
A: Mr. Baez can tell you that I'm still upset the fact that they talk about 18 teeth that Caylee had. Caylee had 20 teeth.
Q: Uh-huh.
A: And the report that I finally read a few weeks ago says --they talk about 18 and accounting for 17 teeth that she had. Caylee had twenty teeth and I know that for a fact --
Q: All right.

I agree. I took it as.. if the states "experts" can't even figure out how many teeth she had, how do we know if they identified her correctly? She may still be alive. (go for the most absurd to prove their point) They tie the two issues together to build a larger defense on the "botched forensics"...

We can't simply go by her age either...we can guess based on what is normal, but every kid is different.

If you go to the Images Only thread, there is a picture of Caylee in Post No. 4, where she is smiling. It looks to me that she has her canines in that picture.

I was hard pressed to find a picture of Caylee smiling which made me sad. The picture that was taken of her near some computer, I think from TL's cell phone, has Caylee looking kind of bloated and not happy at all. Something is wrong there imo.

What about the teeth that had not erupted yet? Are we including those? They would still be present even though they were under the gum line wouldn't they?
As for the missing tooth,baby teeth or so tiny it could have been carried off by animals, birds anything. I am surprised they found as many as they did.

I just lost a long post regarding a child's tooth development (Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care). I'll try again:

First two teeth are lower central incisors. ("Incisor" is the name given to the eight front teeth, which have sharp cutting edges.)

After four months, come the upper incisors. The average baby has six teeth, four above, and two below, when he's about a year old.

After a pause of several months, six more teeth are apt to come in and without much pause, the two remaining lower incisors, and all four first molars. The molars don't come in next to the incisor teeth but farther back, leaving space for the canine teeth.

SO FAR WE HAVE 6 + 6 + 2 + 4 = 18 (within two years it sounds like bleeding into the second year)

After the first molar teeth, there is a pause of several months before the canines (the pointed "dog teeth") come through the spaces between the incisors and the molars. THE COMMONEST TIME IS IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SECOND YEAR. The last four teeth in the baby set are the second molars. They come in right behind the first molars, usually in the first half of the third year.

SO DID CAYLEE HAVE her Canines yet which would account for 20 teeth? She was right at the age she would be getting them.* Geesh!

Also of interest - "The first thing to realize is that the crowns of all the baby teeth (the parts that will show) are formed in the gums before birth. In other words, they are made from what the mother eats during her pregnancy. . . .
The baby's permanent teeth, the first of which won't appear until the child is about 6 years old, already are being formed within a few months after birth. . . ."

*Under the title, "How the average baby's teeth come through." I found this sentence, "Since babies get twenty teeth in their first 2-1/2 years, it is easy to see that they are teething most of that whole period."

Here is my conflict, from what I read in the first part of my post, it sounds as if most children would have 20 teeth by the age of three. The last sentence above reads "babies get twenty teeth in their first 2-1/2 years".

So much for clarifying the 18 or 20 tooth question. Sounds like she would have had twenty teeth but if the canines were't quite through yet she may have had only 18. Go figure!

Lastly, since they are the pointy teeth, do you think we could tell from looking at a picture of dear Caylee smiling? She had such a sweet, happy smile.

Taken from Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care, March 1992.

Most likely she had her cuspids(K-9) on average childern get them at 16-22 months of age.

Based on the information, I think CA may be correct and Caylee should have had twenty teeth as she appears to have gotten her canine teeth prior to her death.

What about the teeth that had not erupted yet? Are we including those? They would still be present even though they were under the gum line wouldn't they?
As for the missing tooth,baby teeth or so tiny it could have been carried off by animals, birds anything. I am surprised they found as many as they did.

Yeah, all teeth are included. Dr. G's report still says 20 and the Anthro's report says 18.

I think there were 20 too. 19 are accounted for in the collection report. Dang! Why does she get to be right! :furious: LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth