Identified! NY - Manhattan, LIVING girl, 14-17, amnesia, Oct'09 - Kacie Peterson

West

Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7079278

White female, light complexion, 14-17
Blond hair (looks brown to me), blue eyes
5'6'', medium build
Likes to read and write, into fantasy fiction
Thinks name might be Amber
Studying for GED
No memory of family, where she's from etc.

Picture of her on website!

P.S. My first time starting a new thread, let me know if I need to do anything/change anything!

I posted the same thing in Amber Dubois's thread in the Missing forum but I had the same thoughts too, especially about the nose.

However, there are some definite similarities--height, hair/eye, age, interesting to note possible Amber name connection. If she's been living on streets, abusing drugs, drinking heavily etc., that could explain for the aging conditions on face (puffier, heavier eyelids) but the nose shouldn't change that much.

Oh well, at the very least Amber Dubois gets some more coverage and someone may recognize this Amber or Unknown as their own.

Can anyone help identify this girl?

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7079278

23 Oct 09

Police and New York City Administration for Children's Services are asking for help in identifying a young woman who doesn't know who she is.

She's estimated to be between 14 and 17 years old.

The girl was found two weeks ago in Midtown and says she has no memory of her name, her home or her family.

and

At one point recently, she wrote down the name "Amber," and responded to the name on one occasion, but she says she has no idea whether or not it is her name.

The young woman is 5'6" tall; white, medium build, light complexion, short, straight blonde hair and blue eyes. She is very soft-spoken, likes to read and write, and has no discernable accent. She recently found herself recalling the words to what turns out to be an excerpt from a fantasy novel called "Fools Fete" by the author Robin Hobb. She says she has been writing a fantasy story featuring a heroine named Rian "who's been raised by the commander of the guard post on the edge of a fantasy kingdom. "

She has been reviewing materials designed to pass a GED exam for high school; she says she's able to do the math, and has no memory of previously reading the history and science materials but can easily retain the information.

more at link

pic
http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wabc/cms_exf_2007/_video_wn_images/7079314_600x338.jpg

Can anyone help identify this girl?

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=7079278

23 Oct 09

Police and New York City Administration for Children's Services are asking for help in identifying a young woman who doesn't know who she is.

She's estimated to be between 14 and 17 years old.

The girl was found two weeks ago in Midtown and says she has no memory of her name, her home or her family.

and

At one point recently, she wrote down the name "Amber," and responded to the name on one occasion, but she says she has no idea whether or not it is her name.

The young woman is 5'6" tall; white, medium build, light complexion, short, straight blonde hair and blue eyes. She is very soft-spoken, likes to read and write, and has no discernable accent. She recently found herself recalling the words to what turns out to be an excerpt from a fantasy novel called "Fools Fete" by the author Robin Hobb. She says she has been writing a fantasy story featuring a heroine named Rian "who's been raised by the commander of the guard post on the edge of a fantasy kingdom. "

She has been reviewing materials designed to pass a GED exam for high school; she says she's able to do the math, and has no memory of previously reading the history and science materials but can easily retain the information.

more at link

pic
http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wa...14_600x338.jpg

I have been comparing her picture to Amber Dubois and KARA KOPETSKY. I thought at first she looked like Amber, but after looking at Kara's photo she looks more like her. The resemblance is very strong, especially the large lips.

She does look somewhat like Amber DuBois - only with a much thicker nose bridge and lips. The eye and ear shapes are very similar when comparing pictures.

My question: Could someone have shot her up with botox or what ever it is that gives you trout lips? Could she possibly have swelling in her face? Or suppose she gained weight - do you think that would make her face look so full?

She also looks to me to have that kind of "street" attitude. I could be so far off on that though - you know what they say - you can not tell a book by its cover.

Salem

I have been comparing her picture to Amber Dubois and KARA KOPETSKY. I thought at first she looked like Amber, but after looking at Kara's photo she looks more like her. The resemblance is very strong, especially the large lips.

Interesting. I can picture Kara, but I can't remember her age. Wouldn't she be older than this girl in NYC?

tia,

Hoppy

She would be 19 today. They are only guessing at her age. There have been many posts on the news site that is reporting the story that people have said that she looks more like she is 20-22.

Pictures of Kara
http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/

Wow, this is so strange. This poor girl. Salem, this is hard to say but her face could look different if she was beaten at some point and didn't receive proper medical attention. Facial bone structure is what makes most people "look" like they do, and a change in that could change what someone looked like.

So sad

She is the splitting image of Kara Kopetsky to me. A little heavier, but those features are spot on. I hope that Kara's team looks into this girl and her story.

I was struck by how much she looked like Kara as well! I am relieved that others also think that this might be her. Thank goodness someone has alerted her family. My prayers are that they have found Kara at last!

Respectfully, I don't think she looks like Amber Dubois at all. And I honestly don't think she looks that much like Kara Kopetsky, though I do see SOME similarities.
The eyebrows shape and width as well as the shape of the eyes seem to match. The nose doesn't look like a match to me, although there is ONE picture on Kara's website that they look similar.
The height is pretty close, this girl is listed as 5'6" and Kara is listed as 5'5".
Can't find a weight listed for either girl. Kara seems pretty thin in most of her pictures and this girl seems a bit thicker, but a lot could happen in two and a half years.
However, Kara is listed with Hazel eyes, not blue.

JMO.

Edited to add: I have felt for some time now that Kara is no longer with us. I have followed her case for a LONG time, and it's one that I keep close to my heart. I would be beyond ecstatic if this were her and she is alive.

Here's another picture-
amnesia-teen-240.jpg

In this picture she doesn't look at all like Amber or Kara, IMO. The first pictures she looked spot on!

I think she looks like Kara Kopetsky What do you think ?

Attachments

• 28lbcbb Kara Ko.jpg
    28lbcbb Kara Ko.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 7079314_600x338.jpg
    7079314_600x338.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 131
She does look somewhat like Amber DuBois - only with a much thicker nose bridge and lips. The eye and ear shapes are very similar when comparing pictures.

My question: Could someone have shot her up with botox or what ever it is that gives you trout lips? Could she possibly have swelling in her face? Or suppose she gained weight - do you think that would make her face look so full?

She also looks to me to have that kind of "street" attitude. I could be so far off on that though - you know what they say - you can not tell a book by its cover.

Salem

Spending time outside, especially in sun and harsh weather, can make lips painfully burned, chapped and swollen. Apparently this girl was found outside a shelter near Port Authority terminal in NYC and police have said she had been walking quite a bit. She definitely looks like she could have been living on the streets for a while...weight gain in face could be attributed to poor diet, alcohol consumption, medical condition etc. I have other links with different pictures that I posted in the Unidentified forum, I'll post them over here too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back