Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NY-Missing girl in NYC doesn't know who she is

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Wow, the teeth in that one seem very close to me - I mean, I see a lot of parallels anyway, but looking at the teeth it's amazing.

I can't remember teeth name at the moment (sorry, I'm exhausted) so I'll number them to say what I'm trying to illustrate.

If the teeth are 3r 2r 1r 1l 2l 3l with teeth #'d 1 being the front two teeth, and the letters representing left and right in her mouth NOT looking at the photos:

The angle of the gum covering tooth 2r is remarkably similar.

Plus, the way tooth 3l in both photos visibly is LESS covered by gum and so the tooth seems higher compared to the surrounding teeth PLUS the way it seems to protrude more looks nearly the same in both.

I wish the hair in Teegan's photo that's covering tooth 3r was moved over a bit to see whether there's a gap between 2r/3r, etc. to compare with the Jane Doe pic.

That sure looks like one I hope authorities in Perth look at - even if it seems unlikely given the distance!
    Teegan is no longer missing
    My Sweet Baby Girl!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dani_md For This Useful Post:

Isn't eye colour a bit hard though because in some people it really does vary. Mine were bright blue when I was young, but now go between green, blue, gray, and even sometimes more hazel, depending on what I'm wearing, how I'm feeling, and even weather outside factoring in to how they see.

If you asked a dozen of my closest friends and family my eye colour, you'd probably have half say blue/some other colour together - and the other all tell you it varied.

My mom, on the other has had her eyes go from more green while young to bluer as she's aged.

So while with brown you're less likely to get a discrepancy, age and other factors may cause some variation, especially with blue/green.

Or that's my experience :-)
    Sometimes it depends...

My eye's are blue/green. Many moon's ago when I got my driver's license, they put green eyes on my license which is still there to this day. My eye doctor said I have blue eyes. My husband and two adult son's still can't figure out what the heck color they are! Neither can I. But I'll tell you that sometimes my eyes look blue in a photo and sometimes green.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bogeygal For This Useful Post:

Isn't eye colour a bit hard though because in some people it really does vary. Mine were bright blue when I was young, but now go between green, blue, gray, and even sometimes more hazel, depending on what I'm wearing, how I'm feeling, and even weather outside factoring in to how they see.

If you asked a dozen of my closest friends and family my eye colour, you'd probably have half say blue/some other colour together - and the other all tell you it varied.

My mom, on the other has had her eyes go from more green while young to bluer as she's aged.

So while with brown you're less likely to get a discrepancy, age and other factors may cause some variation, especially with blue/green.

Or that's my experience :-)
    Traveling, you just read my mind. Eye color is so confusing. One person's idea of blue is another person's green. And, "hazel" eye coloring is a varying combination of blue, green, brown, gold, grey, and can appear different depending on lighting, clothing, etc. So, we should probably not get caught up on eye color. Anything other than dark brown is subject to interpretation.
    "The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple." ~Oscar Wilde

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redmeli For This Useful Post:

I've seem a couple of fraud cases over the last few years with almost the same facts. One even occured today in Illinois: http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php?newsID=8490

I am predicting that she is older than 18 and faking.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rainsbee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lindadanette View Post
    I think she looks alot like Jolene. The military connection is also plausible! I also have to wonder if someone decided it was better to abandon their "captive" child after reading about the Garrido case. In which case, I would imagine that JD is from another state.
    This was the first thought that crossed my mind, another captive slave that has been brainwashed and abused, except, this girl was set free because of the heat caused by the Antioch horror. If this is the case, maybe her captor is another parolee that flew under the radar for many years? I hope her identity is discovered soon. Is it possible that someone induced her amnesia in order to cover up her captivity and their identity?
    I wonder if she has been examined by an Ob/Gyn to determine if she's given birth or to see if there might be any signs of rape? I mean no offense by mentioning this, it's just a thought.
    Last edited by Tizzle; 10-23-2009 at 11:38 PM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tizzle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsbee View Post
    I've seem a couple of fraud cases over the last few years with almost the same facts. One even occured today in Illinois: http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php?newsID=8490

I am predicting that she is older than 18 and faking.

She looks older then me and I'm 25.
    My Sweet Baby Girl!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dani_md For This Useful Post:

Just saw this:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/21409728/detail.html

While Kara does resemble NYC UID, what stops me from thinking it is her, are the teeth. Kara has straight teeth (acquired through braces)... NYC UID's teeth look nothing like Kara's dental structure.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

This girl looks like any number of street kids I have seen in San Fran or LA. her tattered military clothing is very common among street kids and punkers. That look combined with her hair also point to the possibility that she may be a young, gay teen as such a look is also popular with some teen lesbians.
    In any event, the condition of her teeth and clothing definitely smack of a squatter type kid that has been on the street for a long time. Could have been a runaway from an abusive home or, if she's gay, one not accepting of her sexual orientation.
    She also could have been a child that was abandoned/neglected and her family does not care. Thus, she has not yet been identified because no one is looking. These things happen.
    Amensia is caused by a brain injury, typically, stemming from an accident, drugs or malnutrition, all of which would not be atypical of a child living on the streets: http://neurology.health-cares.net/amnesia-causes.php
    I believe this child is a runaway or abandoned street kid. Poor thing.
    By the way, she has been apparently ruled out as Kara. I'm sure her family would recognize her. I do think they share some features but it is fairly clear to me that they are not the same person.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

I haven't been to any of the missing kids pages in eons, but are there any sites that have lists with photos of children who are missing so that you can just scroll through the photos without having to go to thousands of pages? It seems like I recall seeing something like that--maybe each state has a single page with info and pics? It might make it easier to scroll through and find who this girl is.

Another thought--I agree that it is possible that she might have been held in a similar situation as Jaycee Dugard, but if she has a scar (is it a surgical scar or from an injury) on her lower back, I doubt that any kidnapper would have seen to such medical needs as a kidney problem.

From what the articles state, they have ruled out that she is faking, and I am sure that she has been tested by some of the best in their fields. I tend to give credence to those statements.

She looks really familiar to me, also, Suzi. I just cannot place from where. Maybe a pre-adolescent kidnapping?

I will look around tomorrow (well, in a few hours) to see if I can help.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

I think she kind of looks like Hilary Swank. Maybe that's why she looks familiar?

Especially here: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D72%26um%3D1

Last edited by gitana1; 10-24-2009 at 05:12 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Great compilation Julessleuther! That's a lot of work. Wouldn't it be great if this child was one long missing and missed?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Here's an interesting article and video about another teen with amnesia:

http://68.71.208.15/Health/Story?id=7733704&page=1

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

BTW: Here is Amazon info about the book she remembers reading:

Fool's Fate is the third book of Robin Hobb's Tawny Man trilogy, and the ninth and concluding volume of the Fitzchivalry Farseer saga, one of the best high-fantasy series of the turn of the millennium. Fitz is the bastard son of the royal family of the Six Duchies, which he serves as assassin, guardsman, and Skill-magician. Fitz also serves the White Prophet as "Catalyst," the unique person who may enable the White Prophet to change human destiny for the better. In Fool's Fate, Fitz must accompany his kinsman, Prince Dutiful Farseer, to a distant northern island, where the prince must slay the world's last male dragon to win the hand of the Out Islands princess Elliania, the woman he loves. However, not even Elliania wants the dragon dead; why, then, does she require Dutiful to kill Icefyre? Are darker forces manipulating Elliania? Even worse, if Icefyre dies, the White Prophet foresees not only his own death, but a grim future for humankind. The prophet's only hope of changing the future is his Catalyst. --Cynthia Ward

It was released in Feb 04.

Also, this sounds alot like the fantasy novel she says she is writing:
    http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Military_of_Nova_Rio

http://forum.nexon.net/Mabinogi/foru...howThread.aspx

other things I found about the name Rian:
    http://globe-warms.blogspot.com/2009...solutions.html

http://www.freewebs.com/rians_art/whatsnew.htm

This is interesting, read the story of Jill Hart:
    http://archive.peacemagazine.org/v24n1p16.htm

There is also a commander Rian in Star Wars
    I am looking for a few good sleuthers to help Missie find her sister--please, please, please bring your fresh ideas!!

Deanna Merryfield:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58438

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

I believe possibly as others she may had been held captive for years and endured severe punishment , torture, and her hair was cut off by her assailant. They could of held her for years and stripped her of her identity in who she really is. Maybe she fled from her assailant in by escaping somehow.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_md View Post
    She looks older then me and I'm 25.
    I'm 25 also, and I thought the same thing.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to mywarmbluefleece For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Here's an interesting article and video about another teen with amnesia:

http://68.71.208.15/Health/Story?id=7733704&page=1
    gitana, I came across that yesterday too and read a few articles on Kayla. I actually saw some similarities in looks, but I looked at quite a few pictures of Kayla and decided they don't look too much alike after all.
    Kayla's story is very interesting. I wonder how she is doing now.
    Bring the Missing Home!!!
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

God watch over baby Gabriel Johnson
    Tips: gabrieljohnson.tips@gmail.com

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:

Ok, I saw at the beginning of the thread that they said her eyes are blue... but in this news article, they have her eyes listed as green:

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-woman-...0,324565.story

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

Teegan is no longer missing
    Dani, again, can you please provide a link to your confirmation that Teegan has been found?

All I have found is a post on WS by someone expressing their opinion that Teegan 'may' be home, based on her having posted on her Myspace some time ago.

Please, would you post a link to how you have confirmed that Teegan is no longer missing?

Thank you again.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    This girl looks like any number of street kids I have seen in San Fran or LA. her tattered military clothing is very common among street kids and punkers. That look combined with her hair also point to the possibility that she may be a young, gay teen as such a look is also popular with some teen lesbians.
    This was exactly what I was going to say. As a young gay woman myself, I can safely say that her clothing and hair style are extremely reminiscent of any number of teenage/early twenties lesbian "bois". That seems far more likely to me than the military speculation that's been posted.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ada Wong For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Dani, again, can you please provide a link to your confirmation that Teegan has been found?

All I have found is a post on WS by someone expressing their opinion that Teegan 'may' be home, based on her having posted on her Myspace some time ago.

Please, would you post a link to how you have confirmed that Teegan is no longer missing?

Thank you again.
    Is there a poster or something/somewhere w/LE contact for Teegan? A simple phone call to LE could clear up if she is still missing or not....IMO.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to christine2448 For This Useful Post:

As someone here posted Teegan is apparently home. I saw on another board she was home as well. So that rules her out.
    Have you called LE to verify? I don't like just going on 'someone posted here' and 'I saw on another board'. Please verify w/LE, link to news, or post contact info so another sleuther can do so. TIA.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to christine2448 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Just saw this:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/21409728/detail.html

While Kara does resemble NYC UID, what stops me from thinking it is her, are the teeth. Kara has straight teeth (acquired through braces)... NYC UID's teeth look nothing like Kara's dental structure.
    My 19 year old had beautiful teeth when her braces were removed about 3 years ago. Then she lost her retainer about one year ago and her teeth are no longer straight. they are not as bad as they were when she was younger but they are not as beautiful as they were the day her braces were removed.
    I think the nose and smile and eye shape of this girl are very simular to tara's. If you cleaned this girl up ,hair ,make up ,clothes ,she would like alot like tara. if this girl was using opiates she could be bloated from this.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to therese For This Useful Post:

I am sorry, I don't have a link from law enforcement or the media saying she was found I was simply going by http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=18078.0. According to someone who commented on her profile picture, Teegan was only wearing a bra and Pj pants in her myspace pic. If you click on the link there is no girl in pj pants or a bra. She is wearing a tank top or dress. Could be the way she is standing but looks kind of pregnant to me too. The last log in is also August 2009. On the mydeathspace, there is contact info in the link.
    My Sweet Baby Girl!!!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Dani_md For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    Is there a poster or something/somewhere w/LE contact for Teegan? A simple phone call to LE could clear up if she is still missing or not....IMO.
    There is a phone number for LE in Perth in the news article. I tried to call but unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how to make international calls using my cable phone service. (It's awful to be old lol.)

50. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast