834 users online (121 members and 713 guests)  

Websleuths News

Ala. city summons sex offenders on Halloween night

I love this...

Registered sex offenders in a northern Alabama city won't have a hard time making Halloween plans.

They're expected to attend a mandatory meeting hosted by state and federal probation officers next Saturday from 5:30 to 9 p.m.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US
    Last edited by octobermoon; 10-23-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
    I love this...

Registered sex offenders in a northern Alabama city won't have a hard time making Halloween plans.

They're expected to attend a mandatory meeting hosted by state and federal probation officers next Saturday from 5:30 to 9 p.m.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

HURRAY FOR HUNTSVILLE!!!

This is what the cities need to do to protect OUR kids from the MONSTERS trolling our streets not only on Halloween but every day of the year. When I heard this I couldnt wait to write a letter of Thanks to the City of Huntsville. They need to be acknowledged and hopefully other cities will take a hint and follow in their footsteps!! BRAVO!!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

now THAT is a stroke of genius. whoever came up with this one is my new favorite politician.

Great idea!

Definite thumbs up!

I love this idea. I wish every city would do this.

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    This is where we live!! They don't fool around down here when it comes to Sex Offenders. You have no idea. They don't fool around at all. We moved here from New York 3 years ago and I would be happy here the rest of my life.
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel