Ice Skating Russian Bear Attacks Trainer., Big Surprise

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/23/russia.skating.bear.death/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

It is unclear what caused the bear to attack Potapov, 25, nearly severing one of his legs while dragging him across the ice by his neck. Medical personnel were unable to save Potapov, who died at the scene.

Hmmmm, maybe it was putting him on skates and expecting him to like it. :rolleyes:

Why people think it's ok to take these animals and use them for entertainment is beyond me. I think it's cruel. Cats and dogs are trainable and are small enough and domesticated enough to use for shows. However, larger and less domesticated animals are iffy. When they attack a trainer it shouldn't be surprising.

:cow:

Poor bear. I think this is a good case of Darwinism at work And as for the bear, it's a tragedy. What gets me is that someone actually sat there and said, "Hey, you know what would be cool? A bear on ice skates!" Everyone knows bears would rather be driving in Colorado.

Poor bear. I think this is a good case of Darwinism at work And as for the bear, it's a tragedy. What gets me is that someone actually sat there and said, "Hey, you know what would be cool? A bear on ice skates!" Everyone knows bears would rather be driving in Colorado.

:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back