Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #6

FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #6

Please continue here.

Thread 5 is back, after discussion w/admin it stands.

Newbies

It's unfortunate that such things bring us together.

Please read [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]THE RULES[/ame].

ETA: Please read here... [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66336"]ALERTS TO MODERATORS[/ame].
    Last edited by christine2448; 10-24-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Edit to add/fix

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Finally caught up. Yes, I read FIVE threads. It sounds as if the perp is going to be arrested in this case sooner rather than later. I bet LE has their eye on someone and are now awaiting DNA results.
    It's frightening how little Somer could disappear in broad daylight in the stretch between her siblings and the crossing guard(s).

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to evelyn24 For This Useful Post:

Okay, I was freaking out for a second when it said I was restricted from posting. I tried to edit my last post so I could clarify what I saying as I was in a rush when typing it. Here is my more thought out theory.

If there was a perp planning this attack and if that house was used in the crime it makes you think this person might have been planning to use this home if they were able to lure or snatch any child. they could get their hands on while close to school grounds? Just a thought.

A day time abduction is SO risky - I truly have a hard time thinking there were no witnesses esp if there was a struggle or a quick snatch so this makes me wonder/think if she willingly got into a car or went into a house. If Somer was agitated by other kids and with her in this frame of mind - did this make her vulnerable??

How could the perp plan to snatch Somer specifically, they would have no clue she would end up alone and not in her usual group. AND if it was someone Somer was familiar with that did this to her how is it possible they would know she would end up by alone?? If Somers abduction was planned then I think it is highly unlikely a known party would take her while she was in a group of kids and being that nobody could anticipate her spat with the kids, which led her to walking alone. Typically, she was known to walk with a group of kids. And a known abductor would be highly unlikely IMO, since a known abductor would be unlikely to take her in front of witnesses. A known abductor would know there would be witnesses.

I think this was a random act of filth and disgust by some sicko out there. Not the parents. I don't think Somer was a planned out target but a target of opportunity.

Thoughts??

I thought if we could try to read the mind of this sicko rather than blaming mom all day we might be able to make headway.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NSC For This Useful Post:

Mazama is offline Family Historian - Amateur Skeleton Hunter
    I believe that Somer was chosen at random. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and this perp got her. I really don't believe the person planned to get Somer in particular but I do think the perp was either trolling or had planned to snatch a child from that area.

MOO

Maz

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NSC View Post
    Okay, I was freaking out for a second when it said I was restricted from posting. I tried to edit my last post so I could clarify what I saying as I was in a rush when typing it. Here is my more thought out theory.

If there was a perp planning this attack and if that house was used in the crime it makes you think this person might have been planning to use this home if they were able to lure or snatch any child. they could get their hands on while close to school grounds? Just a thought.

A day time abduction is SO risky - I truly have a hard time thinking there were no witnesses esp if there was a struggle or a quick snatch so this makes me wonder/think if she willingly got into a car or went into a house. If Somer was agitated by other kids and with her in this frame of mind - did this make her vulnerable??

How could the perp plan to snatch Somer specifically, they would have no clue she would end up alone and not in her usual group. AND if it was someone Somer was familiar with that did this to her how is it possible they would know she would end up by alone?? If Somers abduction was planned then I think it is highly unlikely a known party would take her while she was in a group of kids and being that nobody could anticipate her spat with the kids, which led her to walking alone. Typically, she was known to walk with a group of kids. And a known abductor would be highly unlikely IMO, since a known abductor would be unlikely to take her in front of witnesses. A known abductor would know there would be witnesses.

I think this was a random act of filth and disgust by some sicko out there. Not the parents. I don't think Somer was a planned out target but a target of opportunity.

Thoughts??

I thought if we could try to read the mind of this sicko rather than blaming mom all day we might be able to make headway.

NO Parents involved..... It was a stranger..... and Somer's MOM will be right there 100% to watch this monster get what he deserves... Just like Jessica Langsford (sp) Daddy was... You go DT...

Bless the Little Angels...
    Misty Where Is Sweet Haleigh?

Sweet Angel Caylee

Bless All the Little Angels

All I post is IMO

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MommaD For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
    I believe that Somer was chosen at random. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and this perp got her. I really don't believe the person planned to get Somer in particular but I do think the perp was either trolling or had planned to snatch a child from that area.

MOO

Maz
    I think that is the ONLY option. A known person who knew her typical movements could NEVER anticipate what happend that day to lead Somer by walking alone.

I think we are on the same page! Random and Target of Opportunity.
    Disgusting!!!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NSC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mazama View Post

MOO

Maz
    ITA..... schools, bus stops, children walking, -- is where the predators go because that's where they find the kids. Their 'hunting' grounds..!
    They don't, in my opinion single out just one they want-- they go for the open window of opportunity. Somer was alone ahead of the crowd and easy catch for the killer.

I think this killer knew about the vacant house being available and easy access to do what he / she wanted. I am curious if any witness's recall vehicles at that home during this time frame?

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kewpiedoll For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NSC View Post

Thoughts??

I agree, I don't think Somer was personally targeted.

It's not clear whether the contractors had worked on the burnt house that day. If they had, the perp would have had to have watched them to be familiar with their schedule and know they weren't coming back. If this was a planned operation using the house that is.

I could see a somewhat random crime of opportunity with a perp trolling the area, seeing Somer go into the house and following her in. I guess it is possible he could have planned something by leaving a toy or something outside the house to lure a child in though.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

I agree.
    I just remember how we were so sure Nevaeh's killer would be arrested quickly, and look where that is
    I hope Somer gets justice sooner rather than later.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mistivon For This Useful Post:

They don't, in my opinion single out just one they want-- they go for the open window of opportunity. Somer was alone ahead of the crowd and easy catch for the killer.

I think this killer knew about the vacant house being available and easy access to do what he / she wanted. I am curious if any witness's recall vehicles at that home during this time frame?
    Respectfully Snipped By me:

I agree and agree!!

BUT, such a great point about witnesses noticing any vehicles at the empty home. One of the articles in the examiner stated that home was becoming focus of investigation. Makes you wonder if there was a witness who did see a car parked at that home and they were able to give LE accurate desciption. Of course, they would never announce that to public. And just one other thing to throw out as food for thought. What IF they are focusing on an actual RSO, they have a car description from a witness, and now they might just be waiting on DNA??? If anything, they would have guy under surveillance...make public annoucement saying they are not focusing on the RSO as they have been cleared. (I still think that too little amount of time to make that announcement) - my guess is they want the RSO to become comfortable.

OR none of the above and it is some random unregistered person.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime...-investigation

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NSC For This Useful Post:

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhyme & Reason For This Useful Post:

Blue Nisson from 2 weeks ago is CLEARED.... by LE .. it was a FLD officer who stopped in the blue nisson.. again LE has CLEARED the ppl from Oct. 10th about the little girl on bike in the area ....

ETA: Was announced on the 4 pm briefing today by LE.. http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

Will probably have an article about it later..
    Last edited by MommaD; 10-24-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: info

Sweet Angel Caylee

All I post is IMO

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MommaD For This Useful Post:

Did anyone catch it? Audio was horrible and I missed it!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhyme & Reason For This Useful Post:

I feel that this was a grab of opportunity.
    But, there is a thought tickling the back of my brain. Her brother on the interview said she teased him a lot, maybe the teasing was a mutual thing.
    If someone saw a chance to start grooming her, they might have suggested that next fight she come to them. You never know what a kid will do when they are upset, and what little incidents they really will tell their parents about. When she ran from her siblings, she might not have been running home at all, she might have been running to her new "friend".
    Just a thought, but it's been a very persistent thought.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know if they are looking for a white van, I'm asking before looking back in the threads, thought I had read that. A van in particular with oval shape windows on the side towards the back? I saw one today and I know its reaching, but it was on I4 in the Tampa area. My Hinky meter shot to the moon.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Unless there is a break in the case the next briefing will be at 4pm tomorrow at the same link as posted above.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MommaD View Post
    Blue Nisson from 2 weeks ago is CLEARED.... by LE .. it was a FLD officer who stopped in the blue nisson.. again LE has CLEARED the ppl from Oct. 10th about the little girl on bike in the area ....

ETA: Was announced on the 4 pm briefing today by LE.. http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

Will probably have an article about it later..

Thats it? I was so hoping they had made an arrest.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhyme & Reason For This Useful Post:

No, I tried to watch and it never came up!! I am watching old footage though.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NSC For This Useful Post:

I hope the Nissan wasn't cleared simply because they were LE. Sometimes the lines between the monsters and those who catch them can get blurred. Occupation is no guarantee that this person wasn't trying to kidnap a kid.

ETA: I don't think the Nissan people are viable suspects in Somer's case, but I do still hope that they were cleared by alibi, not occupation. I wasn't being accusatory.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 10-24-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

I can't understand anyone telling the Mom that she "can't" see her daughter.

Gawd forbid this happen to me, Nobody would be able to keep me from seeing my daughter, I don't care what shape they found her in.....nobody!

I honestly didn't think anyone had the right to tell the next of kin - who the body is released to - whether they could see the body before burial, or not.
    The Mom would be next of Kin. The body is released to next of Kin and I assume next of Kin can do with the body what they please as far as burial, viewing, what clothes, etc.
    Is there a 'law' about stuff like this? Someone enlighten me, please?

Maybe someone who has been in a similar situation can explain?

They called it a "Viewing" but I'm assuming this means closed casket?
    Last edited by Amity; 10-24-2009 at 04:29 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GenaBena, my only sibling,
    In the time line of life, it wasn't supposed to happen this way.
    We were supposed to grow old together.
    Sleep Peacefully, Li'l Sis
    October 16, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~

Amity

Consciousness:
    That annoying time between naps.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amity For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyme & Reason View Post
    Thats it? I was so hoping they had made an arrest.

That as I stated about blue car and they are following up on tips.. and some construction guy was on first challenging others to put up money for reward.. he is donating 25k to add to the reward...

TAlked about the funeral.. NO camera or listening devices...

Bring Purple balloons to church and they will be released when Somer's family and friends leave to go to the burial site... someone will volunteer to hold all balloons till then for ppl...

the house is done on gano ave.. and the dump site is done

anyone else catch anything else?? oh they are working hard ..

Sweet Angel Caylee

All I post is IMO

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MommaD For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I hope the Nissan wasn't cleared simply because they were LE. Sometimes the lines between the monsters and those who catch them can get blurred. Occupation is no guarantee that this person wasn't trying to kidnap a kid.
    ITA. Years ago I lived in Southern California and they were finding women dead in their cars on freeway exits. Come to find out it was an LE officer who was pulling these women over, raping and killing them.

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rhyme & Reason For This Useful Post:

I am sure they "strongly encouraged" her not to view the body. They can not refuse if she insists but they have dealt with the families of the deceased many times and they know the proper things to say to convince them that they do not want to see the remains. I saw the pictures of my ex after he had been run over multiple times. The images are forever burned into my brain.

That is not the way she would want to remember her daughter.

47. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post

ETA: I don't think the Nissan people are viable suspects in Somer's case, but I do still hope that they were cleared by alibi, not occupation. I wasn't being accusatory.
    They are the ones who stopped and pulled in driveway.. Why if they saw this other woman then they didn't stay and tell her they were LE .. other woman stated they just left ... is beyond me...

Le said that the guy doesn't want his name out there at the presser.. and that he asked that little girl if she was ok and if he could contact her mother... the little stated he said she said she didn't know where her house was .. then she said oh yes I know where it is now..

He said he almost hit her on her bike...

so he doesn't want to be involved in the media the LE dominic (sp) said...
    Last edited by MommaD; 10-24-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Sweet Angel Caylee

All I post is IMO

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MommaD For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast