FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Continue here for discussion about Somer Thompson case.

Previous threads:

Thread 5
Thread 4
Thread 3
Thread 2
Thread 1

Newbies

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

It's unfortunate that such things bring us together.

Please read THE RULES.

ETA: Please read here... ALERTS TO MODERATORS.

Finally caught up. Yes, I read FIVE threads. It sounds as if the perp is going to be arrested in this case sooner rather than later. I bet LE has their eye on someone and are now awaiting DNA results.
It's frightening how little Somer could disappear in broad daylight in the stretch between her siblings and the crossing guard(s).

Okay, I was freaking out for a second when it said I was restricted from posting. I tried to edit my last post so I could clarify what I saying as I was in a rush when typing it. Here is my more thought out theory.

If there was a perp planning this attack and if that house was used in the crime it makes you think this person might have been planning to use this home if they were able to lure or snatch any child. they could get their hands on while close to school grounds? Just a thought.

A day time abduction is SO risky - I truly have a hard time thinking there were no witnesses esp if there was a struggle or a quick snatch so this makes me wonder/think if she willingly got into a car or went into a house. If Somer was agitated by other kids and with her in this frame of mind - did this make her vulnerable??

How could the perp plan to snatch Somer specifically, they would have no clue she would end up alone and not in her usual group. AND if it was someone Somer was familiar with that did this to her how is it possible they would know she would end up by alone?? If Somers abduction was planned then I think it is highly unlikely a known party would take her while she was in a group of kids and being that nobody could anticipate her spat with the kids, which led her to walking alone. Typically, she was known to walk with a group of kids. And a known abductor would be highly unlikely IMO, since a known abductor would be unlikely to take her in front of witnesses. A known abductor would know there would be witnesses.

I think this was a random act of filth and disgust by some sicko out there. Not the parents. I don't think Somer was a planned out target but a target of opportunity.

Thoughts??

I thought if we could try to read the mind of this sicko rather than blaming mom all day we might be able to make headway.

I believe that Somer was chosen at random. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and this perp got her. I really don't believe the person planned to get Somer in particular but I do think the perp was either trolling or had planned to snatch a child from that area.

MOO

Maz

Okay, I was freaking out for a second when it said I was restricted from posting. I tried to edit my last post so I could clarify what I saying as I was in a rush when typing it. Here is my more thought out theory.

If there was a perp planning this attack and if that house was used in the crime it makes you think this person might have been planning to use this home if they were able to lure or snatch any child. they could get their hands on while close to school grounds? Just a thought.

A day time abduction is SO risky - I truly have a hard time thinking there were no witnesses esp if there was a struggle or a quick snatch so this makes me wonder/think if she willingly got into a car or went into a house. If Somer was agitated by other kids and with her in this frame of mind - did this make her vulnerable??

How could the perp plan to snatch Somer specifically, they would have no clue she would end up alone and not in her usual group. AND if it was someone Somer was familiar with that did this to her how is it possible they would know she would end up by alone?? If Somers abduction was planned then I think it is highly unlikely a known party would take her while she was in a group of kids and being that nobody could anticipate her spat with the kids, which led her to walking alone. Typically, she was known to walk with a group of kids. And a known abductor would be highly unlikely IMO, since a known abductor would be unlikely to take her in front of witnesses. A known abductor would know there would be witnesses.

I think this was a random act of filth and disgust by some sicko out there. Not the parents. I don't think Somer was a planned out target but a target of opportunity.

Thoughts??

I thought if we could try to read the mind of this sicko rather than blaming mom all day we might be able to make headway.

NO Parents involved..... It was a stranger..... and Somer's MOM will be right there 100% to watch this monster get what he deserves... Just like Jessica Langsford (sp) Daddy was... You go DT...

Bless the Little Angels...

I believe that Somer was chosen at random. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and this perp got her. I really don't believe the person planned to get Somer in particular but I do think the perp was either trolling or had planned to snatch a child from that area.

MOO

Maz

I think that is the ONLY option. A known person who knew her typical movements could NEVER anticipate what happend that day to lead Somer by walking alone.

I think we are on the same page! Random and Target of Opportunity.
Disgusting!!! :furious::furious:

MOO

Maz

ITA..... schools, bus stops, children walking, -- is where the predators go because that's where they find the kids. Their 'hunting' grounds..!
They don't, in my opinion single out just one they want-- they go for the open window of opportunity. Somer was alone ahead of the crowd and easy catch for the killer.

I think this killer knew about the vacant house being available and easy access to do what he / she wanted. I am curious if any witness's recall vehicles at that home during this time frame?

Thoughts??

I agree, I don't think Somer was personally targeted.

It's not clear whether the contractors had worked on the burnt house that day. If they had, the perp would have had to have watched them to be familiar with their schedule and know they weren't coming back. If this was a planned operation using the house that is.

I could see a somewhat random crime of opportunity with a perp trolling the area, seeing Somer go into the house and following her in. I guess it is possible he could have planned something by leaving a toy or something outside the house to lure a child in though.

I agree.
I just remember how we were so sure Nevaeh's killer would be arrested quickly, and look where that is :(
I hope Somer gets justice sooner rather than later.

They don't, in my opinion single out just one they want-- they go for the open window of opportunity. Somer was alone ahead of the crowd and easy catch for the killer.

I think this killer knew about the vacant house being available and easy access to do what he / she wanted. I am curious if any witness's recall vehicles at that home during this time frame?

Respectfully Snipped By me:

I agree and agree!!

BUT, such a great point about witnesses noticing any vehicles at the empty home. One of the articles in the examiner stated that home was becoming focus of investigation. Makes you wonder if there was a witness who did see a car parked at that home and they were able to give LE accurate desciption. Of course, they would never announce that to public. And just one other thing to throw out as food for thought. What IF they are focusing on an actual RSO, they have a car description from a witness, and now they might just be waiting on DNA??? If anything, they would have guy under surveillance...make public annoucement saying they are not focusing on the RSO as they have been cleared. (I still think that too little amount of time to make that announcement) - my guess is they want the RSO to become comfortable.

OR none of the above and it is some random unregistered person.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...cusing-on-vacant-home-in-murder-investigation

Blue Nisson from 2 weeks ago is CLEARED.... by LE .. it was a FLD officer who stopped in the blue nisson.. again LE has CLEARED the ppl from Oct. 10th about the little girl on bike in the area ....

ETA: Was announced on the 4 pm briefing today by LE.. http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

Will probably have an article about it later..

I feel that this was a grab of opportunity.
But, there is a thought tickling the back of my brain. Her brother on the interview said she teased him a lot, maybe the teasing was a mutual thing.
If someone saw a chance to start grooming her, they might have suggested that next fight she come to them. You never know what a kid will do when they are upset, and what little incidents they really will tell their parents about. When she ran from her siblings, she might not have been running home at all, she might have been running to her new "friend".
Just a thought, but it's been a very persistent thought.

Does anyone know if they are looking for a white van, I'm asking before looking back in the threads, thought I had read that. A van in particular with oval shape windows on the side towards the back? I saw one today and I know its reaching, but it was on I4 in the Tampa area. My Hinky meter shot to the moon.

Unless there is a break in the case the next briefing will be at 4pm tomorrow at the same link as posted above.

Blue Nisson from 2 weeks ago is CLEARED.... by LE .. it was a FLD officer who stopped in the blue nisson.. again LE has CLEARED the ppl from Oct. 10th about the little girl on bike in the area ....

ETA: Was announced on the 4 pm briefing today by LE.. http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

Will probably have an article about it later..

Thats it? I was so hoping they had made an arrest.

No, I tried to watch and it never came up!! I am watching old footage though.

I hope the Nissan wasn't cleared simply because they were LE. Sometimes the lines between the monsters and those who catch them can get blurred. Occupation is no guarantee that this person wasn't trying to kidnap a kid.

ETA: I don't think the Nissan people are viable suspects in Somer's case, but I do still hope that they were cleared by alibi, not occupation. I wasn't being accusatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401