1217 users online (237 members and 980 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Mermaid Girl' Shiloh Pepin, 10, has died

http://www.news24.com/Content/World/...maid_girl_dies

Shiloh Pepin, a girl born with a rare condition often called "mermaid syndrome," has died. She was 10.

Maine Medical Center spokesperson John Lamb said Shiloh died at the hospital Friday afternoon. She had been hospitalised in critical condition since last week.
    This is very sad. I saw her last month on Oprah and her story touched my heart because she was such a bright and tough little girl.

I am glad that she can rest in peace now, and no longer have to endure the pain and all the things that came with her condition.
    Last edited by shannon2008; 10-24-2009 at 05:40 PM.

I saw her on a TLC show about her.

She was such an 'old soul' with a beautiful spirit.

She can play now with the angels who went before her this week.

RIP Shiloh
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Lexiintoronto is online now Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    I hadn't heard, thank you for posting about Shiloh. I watched her special (on TLC or A & E) and she was such a positive, funny, lovely little girl. I hope that she's in a forest full of butterflies. God rest her lovely soul.

She touched a lot of lives. She was such a spunky little girl. My daughter and I watched her on Oprah and on the TLC special

I'm really stunned and saddened by this news. I just saw her on Oprah, I believe last month. She sure did have a lot of spunk and very positive outlook on life. Sending prayers to the family.

How sad, I too watched the TLC special. My thoughts and prayers are with the family!
    My Sweet Baby Girl!!!

I watched the show on TLC every so often. She was a spit fire for sure.

The last episode I saw had her at a camp with other children with disabilties. It was the 1st time she was away from her Mom & Dad for an extended period. She made friends, but did miss her mom and called her everyday, and at one point cried to come home -it was sad. The other children tried to help her through it, and hoped she returned next year.

God speed little Shiloh and go rest high on that mountain.

She sure was a spitfire. I imagine everyone who saw the TLC show fell in love with her. I'm saddened after hearing about her passing away. Rest forever in peace little mermaid.

What a soul she is !! You will be missed Shiloh, watch over your parents and friends.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I just watched the TLC show about her a couple weeks ago and thought she would make it. She seemed quite healthy and strong. The article doesn't say why exactly she was hospitalized in the first place.

I kinda feel like I knew her after spending 2 hours watching the TLC specials. Very sad. Her parents loved her so much. I am sure they are just absolutely devastated.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    She died of pneumonia. Her mother said she came down with a cold which progressed and she was placed on a breathing ventilator but didn't make it. It happened so fast. She just got sick last week with a cold and now she is gone. RIP Shiloh.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_332857.html
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    This makes me so sad. I had seen her on TLC as well. I thought she would live a lot longer than she did. I pray for peace for her parents and all that knew her and loved her.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I am so saddened by this. She was such a character. My heart goes out to all that love her.
    Happy New Years

Totally shocked and saddened. After seeing all the shows about her, I absolutely adored her. That little girl radiated a lot of light....how sad.

Oh no I watched the TLC shows too and was so touched by Shiloh. My heart is breaking for her parents right now.

RIP Shiloh, you were amazing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast