FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here. I'll link the previous threads, momentarily.

Thanks,

Salem

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Thread 5

Thread 6

Police Report: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/22/police.report.pdf

Message from Mods:
Please continue here.

Thread 5 is back, after discussion w/admin it stands.

Newbies

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

It's unfortunate that such things bring us together.

Please read THE RULES.

ETA: Please read here... ALERTS TO MODERATORS.

From police report:

She flagged him down at intersection of Gano Drive and Floyd Circle West and they then proceeded to her house ... if you wanted street names ...

Brought this over from the previous thread:

ergh, I was only gone an hour, lol, you guys move very, very fast.
If this is covered in the last few pages, sorry....but did anyone think the babysitter sounded off? Maybe she was angry at not being paid? to babysit anymore, and of course Somer would go with her.....

FYI, I do not think the previous teenage girl who babysat over the summer is involved at all. She probably doesn't babysit anymore b/c school has started. I think there are enough other interesting characters around who are much much more likely the culprit(s).

This article from 2006 names the Director and some of the employees at the Clothes Closet.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/012806/nec_20923931.shtml

If you Google the director, you will see that he lives just east of Somer's school. Very close to it.

I still think Kyle is hinky though.

While they would have been closed to the public (based on hours posted in last thread), someone might have been working at the time.

And this would be a nice place to hang out ... assuming the setup from 2006 is the same in 2009.

The small room that once housed the food pantry is now a toy room where children can play with games, puzzles and toys and also choose some to take home.

Anyone else having trouble accessing Clay county clerk of courts website from Pipl?

Is the thinking now that a woman did this? TIA

ETA: Oh I see - Director Terry R. Is he now suspect? TIA

Not to me, but somebody's been asking a lot about that place. So, I dug up what I could find.

Okay, this is WHACKY!!! Go to Google Maps - Type in 1226 Debarry Ave - there is an image on Street view of two kids walking. One with a pink backpack - The other one actually looks like Somer's body make up. Here is the thing - I was just messing around on the maps walking the path backwards from her residence. When all of a sudden it says IMAGE NO LONGER AVAILABLE> so I move forward a bit and sure enough the image resumes. I turn the cursor and see the kids walking. I think you would get a surefire facial of these kids otherwise.

Do you think I am crazy??

EDIT to Add: Also, if you want to get a good idea of a potential school day. I think this map hits the nail on the head. I had obseved other school buses on my pretend walk in my map. Observed a crossing guard on the corner - interesting though the two kids walking is that only of two girls - looks like to me. There really isn't a lot of people around like you would imagine. IDK, check it out and tell me what you think.

Trying put in here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=8VxgQwQ5M-57908CsDdPog&cbp=11,316.48,,0,6.4

I wondered if Kyle could have some kind of construction license in Florida. HYou can search the licenses by first names and there are a few Kyles you can find by searching Clay or Duval counties, or Jacksonville. I couldn't find anybody associated with a Vinson and there is a very good chance Kyle is just some worker who doesn't need a license so not on that site. Here is the site anyway:
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=2&search=Name&SID=&brd=&typ=

PLEASE DON'T post any names here that you find there unless you DEFINITELY can link him to Vinson.

One thing that makes me think Kyle is not a suspect is that the reporter said that Kyle said Somer spoke to workers, plural, the day she disappeared. If a couple of people at the house witnessed her saying that I don't think they are going to cover for each other about a crime like this.

I still think Clayton G. is a very interesting person in all of this.

Diena flagged down Officer Coan at the corner of Floyd Circle W & Gano
Wfloydcircle.jpg

going to bed now all...prayers and blessings to all of you...esp little Somer's family....see ya tomorrow....night all

What's to say that someone didn't offer Somer a ride since she was running. She could have gotten into a truck/van/car and then taken to a parking lot or the vacant house or driven around. Then killed. Then dumped.
Also, around here the clothes closets are often run by S Army or a rescue mission. They hire people who are really downontheirluck as a way to help them. Skid row type people.
The person listed on the police report was in error. Someone thought that someone looked like that person and so listed their name But it turned out to be a mistake. That was like thread #1.

One thing that makes me think Kyle is not a suspect is that the reporter said that Kyle said Somer spoke to workers, plural, the day she disappeared. If a couple of people at the house witnessed her saying that I don't think they are going to cover for each other about a crime like this.

I still think Clayton G. is a very interesting person in all of this.
Thank you...I was wondering when someone else besides me picked up on that. I posted to it earlier but it seems I am not among one of the elite to be listened to.

MOO

Maz

The Clothes Closet is probably very similar to something in my community. All of the workers in my community are volunteers. Families are referred by social workers, or the school to get free clothing. They are contacted by the volunteers and come at a specified time. There is no shopping in my community. It is only for poor people. It sounds like there is a food shelf there as well. I don't know if a single adult male would qualify to go there in Florida. Someone who lives there could look up the criteria to use that facility. I doubt if it's a free for all though. I bet it's pretty organized. It's possible that a woman is hooked up with an SO, but that usually results in abuse charges by the county for the woman to allow it. I imagine most SO's are pretty poor because I imagine it's tough to find a job (wah wah-fake crying on my part)

School dismisses at 2:32 appx time to walk from school to home is 20 minutes
Please adjust the timeline if need be.
2:32 School dismissed--- give 5min. for visiting friends, gathering materials
2:37 Kids leave the building walking toward 1080 Gano Ave. Normal walking time from school to 1080 Gano Ave. is 5 min. Somer ran ahead, probably putting her @ 1080 Gano Ave. 1-2 min before the other kids
2:40 Somer arrives at 1080 Gano Ave.
2:42 the other kids arrived @ 1080 Gano Ave.
The walk from 1080 Gano Ave. to Horton Dr. is about 15 min.
2:57-3:10 The kids (only Abi is mentioned in the LE Report) should have arrived home at Horton Dr. (giving a little extra time because kids do play around on the walk home).
3:10 Abi arrived home, I’m assuming Somer’s twin brother S. was with her but I haven't determined if Andrew was.
3:25-3:30 Abi returns back home SP sends her out again and tells her to look real good for Somer before we call your mama.
(30 min gap in time)
4:00-5:00 SP texts Diena (Somer didn’t come home from school) Diena leaves work, goes to OPAA to get Andrew and flags down officer Coan
4:20 Diena calls Charles Currier asking him to get off work so he could come home and help find Somer. He left work and drove to residence (as per MPR)
? time Diena flags down Officer Coan at the corner of Floyd Circle W & Gano--they then proceed to Diena home on Horton Ave.
5:00 Charles Currier arrives @Horton Ave picks up Samuel and goes to look for Somer
Interviews are conducted at Diena's home on Horton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain