Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #7

tarabull is offline Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.
    Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    won't work for me, says error link broken

Try this BUT when the page loads click on ORANGE PARK FL on the left hand side.....watch closely cuz the image of the girls will likely only flash for a second then it flips you to 1980 Plainfield Ave...http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...9&z=16&iwloc=A

Hope it works....
    Last edited by tarabull; 10-25-2009 at 10:59 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mazama View Post
    Respectfully, we don't know if Vinson the owner was present at the time Somer supposedly communicated to the workers.

The use of the word workers indicates more than one. So the question is: Was it just Kyle and GV present when Somer made her comment (even though it has been stated that GV was not working on this property at the time)...or was it Kyle and one other worker present...or was it Kyle and more than one other worker there...or was it Kyle and Vinson the owner there or was it a total fabrication.

MOO

Maz
    I see what you are saying. For some reason, I was under the impression that GV was there also. I'll have to go listen to that video again.

Salem

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

I think if it was an accident, LE would state that and not have all of this secrecy. If the burned house is the crime scene, then wouldn't it make sense that she was killed there? And if that is true, did the construction crew work there until Somer's body was found? If it is where she was killed, that house is really , really important . Isn't it a rental? Then who rented there and maybe they had an SO friend that came to visit? I just don't think that house was chosen randomly. Someone has to know the house, know the layout, know that it was available, etc.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to human For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    That could very well be true but I have to disagree with you based on a few facts.

1. They knew cause of death the following day which leads me to believe she was killed with some sort of blunt force trauma & probably raped. I don't know anything about autopsy's but if they can't physically see how the person died don't they do some sort of testing? Blunt force trauma you can look at the person's bones etc and see it.

2. LE not releasing cause of death specifically stating that its due to how badly the crime was.

3. They couldn't ID her by just looking at her.

4. The story is being featured on America's Most Wanted.

I just think something VERY BAD happened to this little girl. Who is to say the perp didn't take her out of town to kill her then disposed her body later on.
    Just wanted to add on top of this - If they couldn't ID her by looking at her - how would it still be possible to ID her by a birthmark??? I understand the confirmation through dental records but IRC there was lots of chatter about the birth mark?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NSC For This Useful Post:

Yes, we don't have an interview with Kyle, its just a reporter - Ryan something - saying Kyle called the station and said he was the last person to see Somer and she said they did a good job on the house.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but it reminds me of John Mark Karr. OR, someone calling the news station saying they are the RSO Kyle? I just don't see a RSO voluntarily calling a news station and admitting he was the last person with a murdered child. That's like wearing an "I molest children" t-shirt.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lawlady84 For This Useful Post:

I totally forgot who ask me for this video link...

Mother talks about grief, anger, and determination.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html

When reporter ask her of anything strange or different she starts talking about the day she flagged down the officer, and she knew this was not like Somer going to someone's house. The video goes black and no audio when she starts talking about her and the officer going to the OPAA Parking lot. grrrrr... What is OPAA... anyone know? Also, at least for me the video blacks out and silent again toward the end.
    Did LE and Media decide this was too much info or is this just my computer failing to play all of this?
    This is the video I think the Media/LE did the edit because Dieana was giving out information, which they did not want disclosed. She starts with talking about going with LE to the OPAA parking lot.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kewpiedoll For This Useful Post:

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome.

In listening to the video again, the reporter states that he just spoke with Kyle and "he states" he is the last know person......

That just kind of gives me the creeps!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Missouri Mom For This Useful Post:

The media reports I read indicated that the garbage trucks are compactor-type so facial recognition would have been extremely unreliable, not to mention traumatic for whoever did so.

Confirmation through dental records makes much more sense.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

According to the reporter, Kyle did say he was the last person to see Somer alive. If he did say that, I'm sure LE has talked intensely with him.
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lawlady84 View Post
    Yes, we don't have an interview with Kyle, its just a reporter - Ryan something - saying Kyle called the station and said he was the last person to see Somer and she said they did a good job on the house.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but it reminds me of John Mark Karr. OR, someone calling the news station saying they are the RSO Kyle? I just don't see a RSO voluntarily calling a news station and admitting he was the last person with a murdered child. That's like wearing an "I molest children" t-shirt.

Couldn't help but spill a small laugh over this one. BBM! I REALLY wish they did have to wear those shirts!! It would make it a hell of a lot easier on us parents!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NSC For This Useful Post:

Maybe Kyle is saying he is the last known person to have seen Somer because LE said that to him ...

So hard to gauge how much attention to pay to this guy without seeing him on video. At least for me it is.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

Unless the perp gave a false name -- or it was actually someone that could be a potential witness and spewed it out in his own way to the reporter?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kewpiedoll For This Useful Post:

Another question I have in regards to the "worker(s)" at this house. Does anyone know if the water is turned on at this residence, or do the worker(s) use the facilities across the street at the public restroom? This also brings up a red flag to me, for some reason.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Missouri Mom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NSC View Post
    Just wanted to add on top of this - If they couldn't ID her by looking at her - how would it still be possible to ID her by a birthmark??? I understand the confirmation through dental records but IRC there was lots of chatter about the birth mark?
    This will sound gross, but maybe that portion of her leg was intact so they recognized it's likely Somer because of the birthmark? I'm not sure how LE does visual IDs, but I'd assume if the face is not recognizable there has to be a certain number of matching things to affirmatively ID a body. (Like not just a birthmark or freckles, because many people might have identical marks). But it could be enough to say tentatively it's probably her.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lawlady84 For This Useful Post:

I think you'd still be able to see a birthmark even if her legs were not in their normal state.

And for court purposes, I think using dental records just makes sense. Won't get the defendant saying the body wasn't Somer.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

We don't know Kyle was an RSO. We don't even know if Kyle was real. We're just speculating on possible theories, wishing we had more to work with.

~One Angry Mother~

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lurkeyloo For This Useful Post:

This will sound gross, but maybe that portion of her leg was intact so they recognized it's likely Somer because of the birthmark? I'm not sure how LE does visual IDs, but I'd assume if the face is not recognizable there has to be a certain number of matching things to affirmatively ID a body. (Like not just a birthmark or freckles, because many people might have identical marks). But it could be enough to say tentatively it's probably her.
    Right, makes sense what you say. But wouldn't noticing her hair be more distinguishing than a birthmark. Plus the hair does not decompose does it? I was also thinking of decomposition. Just curious how that would work??

34. The Following User Says Thank You to NSC For This Useful Post:

They sorted through more than 200,000 tons of garbage before their worst fears were realized: Sticking out of the rubbish were a child's lifeless legs.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...rld&id=7081964

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kewpiedoll For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I have not been able to read much in the last three days, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the possibility of an accidental death has been raised.

Though I am suspicious of the Indigo hands-on healer character, the possibility has occured to me of Somer darting across a parking lot, alley or driveway and being run over, then the driver grabbing her up in an effort to get rid of her, maybe dumping her; mortally injured, in the dumpster. It could have been someone with a reason to fear being caught in the area, someone who had been drinking/drugging, or someone on probation, parole, or with previous DUI's. Could have even been a foolish teenager driving dad's car without permission. People do stupid things!

With Mom having a live-in and all of the perverts in the area, it probably is a sex crime, but without more info as to the condition of the body or manner of death, we can't rule out the possibility of an accident and cover-up.

Susan
    No she was most def not ran over or hit by a car b.c it has been stated that when her body was found it was found partially clothed.
    !~*Mar*~!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

How could LE tell Kyle that he was the last person to see Somer? They have no idea of who the last person was! This whole Kyle thing is really, really weird especially because of the "good job" comment which puts the whole thing right at what is probably the crime scene.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to human For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    Maybe Kyle is saying he is the last known person to have seen Somer because LE said that to him ...

So hard to gauge how much attention to pay to this guy without seeing him on video. At least for me it is.
    (bolding mine)

I totally agree.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Police vet more than 1,000 tips in girl's death

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kewpiedoll For This Useful Post:

Another day gone and no arrest yet ~ so more prayers tonight that tomorrow will be the day.

for Somer

Good night, all!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

snipped from above link:

At a fundraiser Sunday for Somer's family, children played in a bounce house as adults watched carefully. They vowed to find the girl's killer and raised about $18,500 so her mother doesn't have to go back to work immediately.

WOW. I cannot believe they raised $18,000+ for Somer's mom. Amazing what people have done for her.
    !~*Mar*~!

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Community Rallies Amid Search Answers

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast