798 users online (136 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

FBI - 50 Children Rescued From Prostitution in National Sting

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

The FBI said it has rescued more than 50 children who were being victimized through prostitution in a national sting.

The operation, part of the Innocence Lost National Initiative, took place in 36 cities over the past 72 hours.

The FBI said 631 others, including 60 pimps, were arrested on local and state charges

more at the link..

I wonder if any of the rescued are in our missing thread?
    Last edited by jnTexas; 10-26-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

The FBI said it has rescued more than 50 children who were being victimized through prostitution in a national sting.

The operation, part of the Innocence Lost National Initiative, took place in 36 cities over the past 72 hours.

The FBI said 631 others, including 60 pimps, were arrested on local and state charges

more at the link..

I wonder if any of the rescued are in our missing thread?
    I am speechless.............

That was my first thought too, when reading the title of this thread... I wonder if some of these rescued children could be some of 'our' missing kids!
    I so very much hope so.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

How I wish that the rescued could also include the developmentally disabled. When will that ever ever happen? Just because our girl is 21 doesn't mean that she's acting of her free will. She has an IQ of 63 and functions at a seven year old level. What can be done about these young men and women? They have the bodies of adults and the minds of children. It's a terrible combination in human trafficking.

YAY! Soooo happy to know that they've rescued these kids! And 631 arrested - holy cow that's a lot of perps nailed!

The article said they have rescued over 900 kids to date - I wonder how long the task force has been operative ...

To me, this is a good thing. Yes, it's disgusting that we live in a world where it's necessary to save children from pigs but better to save some than bury our heads in the sand about it at all.

Go Get Em' FBI & LE!

What bothers me is to think that those 50 kids, nobody noticed? They were seeing johns, other prostitutes and probably many other people. And no one noticed they were underage and acting as prostitutes? No one who noticed thought it was important to turn them in? It was just accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    What bothers me is to think that those 50 kids, nobody noticed? They were seeing johns, other prostitutes and probably many other people. And no one noticed they were underage and acting as prostitutes? No one who noticed thought it was important to turn them in? It was just accepted?
    Since prostitution is illegal even for adults (except in Nevada), I would think people who could have noticed (pimps, other prostitutes and johns) might not be really that concerned with legality?
    Last edited by jjenny; 10-26-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Can't seem to find any more information on this today, anyone else?

Does anyone know how to access a list of the 631 "others" who were arrested? We are trying like heck to locate our developmentally disabled daughter who is being trafficked. We know she was in the Sacramento area but was then moved to Chicago. We track her through Craigslist ads and hospital bills.

I would think that the arrests would be public. Any thoughts?

I would think the names of the POSs that were arrested are public, unless they are being kept quiet until the sting is over? Not sure. I don't know if the FBI has a website that tells who has been arrested with federal charges. Otherwise would have to try and find it on the individual state/county sites and I think that would take a bit of work.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Does anyone know how to access a list of the 631 "others" who were arrested? We are trying like heck to locate our developmentally disabled daughter who is being trafficked. We know she was in the Sacramento area but was then moved to Chicago. We track her through Craigslist ads and hospital bills.

I would think that the arrests would be public. Any thoughts?
    I would think if you contact the FBI they could help you.
    Good Luck.

I can't even find anything that says what cities were involved.

If you google "Operation Cross Country", you will see multiple articles about this sting. If you add the name of a state, you should see what arrests were made in that state. I googled Oregon and found that four children were rescued in the greater Portland area.

Our family has an open case with the FBI. The problem is that unless our daughter clearly states that she wants to go home or contact us, they cannot force her. She is an adult and her rights to do as she pleases are well protected. Of course, the FBI and various police depts. know of her deficits but we are told that this situation is extremely common. She refused to sign the guardianship papers when she turned 18 and we were awaiting a judge's order on her incapacity when she was spirited away by a pimp named "Jamie" and one of his other "girls".

We usually get a call when she's arrested but not always. I just wish that there was some sort of a clearinghouse for the names of those arrested in these sweeps. I would think (maybe not?) that local media would be anxious to print these names.