MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warrant served on Olten's neighbor

The Cole County Sheriff's Department served the warrant Friday night just several homes south of where Elizabeth Olten lived in St. Martins. Records don't indicate the type of warrant, and the department refused to comment Monday.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367986

Why first degree murder charge for Olten murder suspect?

Cole County Prosecutor Mark Richardson Monday talked about the Elizabeth Olten case and the charges the suspect faces.
He said the fact that the sheriff wants first degree murder charges shows that the sheriff believes Elizabeth's murder was premeditated.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367984

i am new here,so if i wanted see the very first thread on elizabeth olten,how do i get there?

I am sure most of you are probably not going to agree with the following statement but here goes: I think this is bullsXXX. Regardless of the reasons Elizabeth's father and brother are incarcerated they should be their when that precious baby laid to rest. It is not Elizabeth's fault her father and brother committed a crime and they are HER family. Children of incarcerated parents are often a forgotten population and this is a prime example of that. She deserves to be laid to rest by the entirety of her family.

I am sure most of you are probably not going to agree with the following statement but here goes: I think this is bullsXXX. Regardless of the reasons Elizabeth's father and brother are incarcerated they should be their when that precious baby laid to rest. It is not Elizabeth's fault her father and brother committed a crime and they are HER family. Children of incarcerated parents are often a forgotten population and this is a prime example of that. She deserves to be laid to rest by the entirety of her family.

On the other hand..the parents of the girl Elizabeths father is alleged to have killed would also like to attend there own daughters funeral but unfortunately..they cant because they dont know where she is. At least he will have the peace of mind knowing his daughter has been laid to rest.

On the other hand..the parents of the girl Elizabeths father is alleged to have killed would also like to attend there own daughters funeral but unfortunately..they cant because they dont know where she is. At least he will have the peace of mind knowing his daughter has been laid to rest.

KEYWORD: alleged

Do we even know if she had a relationship with either of them?

I believe Elizabeth's family are her grandparents. They went to court to gain custody from the parents.

I believe Elizabeth's family are her grandparents. They went to court to gain custody from the parents.

did I miss something? I thought Elizabeth's mom had custody of her?

It was discussed that the perps grandparents have custody of her. I am sure I read in Elizabeth's obit she had an honorary dad.

http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=15319&author=Greg%20Dingrando&category=City%20of%20Jefferson&franchise=&county=Cole&city=Jefferson%20City&partner=

Olten Murder Suspect Is A Girl

School officials met in closed session to discuss the death of Elizabeth Olten, 9.

Posted by Greg Dingrando on Mon Oct 26, 2009
Last updated 47 min ago

We have new information tonight in the murder of nine year old Elizabeth Olten.

We've learned the suspect is a 15 year old girl and police served a search warrant to Olten's neighbor's house, just hours after finding the girl's body. A person who lives in the area said the suspect lives at that house.

Court officials tell us a news conference is scheduled for Tuesday to discuss upcoming court appearances. The hearings will determine if she will stay in custody and if she's going to be tried as an adult.

SNIPPED

I think there's a little bit of misunderstanding here. Elizabeth's Dad and Brother are in prison. They are not being allow to go to the funeral (which I agree with). The reported perp (15yo girl) lived with her grandparents. Were taken away from parents. Dad is in prison also and Mom in repeated trouble.

Elizabeth lives with her Mom. The accused 15 year old is in the custody of her grandparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member